PDA

View Full Version : Judge: Lawyer Is Too Drunk to Argue Case

Celtkin
08-08-2006, 01:36 PM
A judge ordered a blood-alcohol test for a defense lawyer whom she said smelled of alcohol, then declared a mistrial after declaring him too tipsy to argue a kidnapping case.

"I don't think you can tell a straight story because you are intoxicated," Clark County District Judge Michelle Leavitt told defense lawyer Joseph Caramango as she declared a mistrial for Caramango's client, Dale Jakuchunas.

In an exchange recorded by courtroom video, Caramango arrived about 90 minutes late for trial, and can be heard slurring his words.

The judge asked if something was wrong, and said she became suspicious when details of Caramango's accident account varied.

Caramango also identified a woman who accompanied him to court as his ex-girlfriend, and called her Christine. Questioned by the judge, the woman identified herself as Josephine and said she just met Caramango about 20 minutes earlier at a nearby bar and grill.

"For the record," the judge said, "your blood-alcohol content is .075."
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/08/D8JCBRM80.html

Timmy54
08-08-2006, 02:47 PM
ok, the dude was below the legal limit to drive in most states but was slurring like that and refered to a new woman and as an ex. something just isnt right there. But we all have felt like a drink after court, he just was ahead of schedule

BAMAPHIN 22
08-08-2006, 02:54 PM
ok, the dude was below the legal limit to drive in most states but was slurring like that and refered to a new woman and as an ex. something just isnt right there. But we all have felt like a drink after court, he just was ahead of schedule

:lol:

Jimmy James
08-08-2006, 05:56 PM
It sounds pretty likely that this attorney has a real problem. I'd like to see a suspension and a strong encouragement for rehab/AA prior to reinstatement.

Celtkin
08-08-2006, 06:25 PM
It sounds pretty likely that this attorney has a real problem. I'd like to see a suspension and a strong encouragement for rehab/AA prior to reinstatement.

I especially liked this part:

Caramango also identified a woman who accompanied him to court as his ex-girlfriend, and called her Christine. Questioned by the judge, the woman identified herself as Josephine and said she just met Caramango about 20 minutes earlier at a nearby bar and grill.

This boy has a big problem...:lol:

#1 Fan
08-08-2006, 06:35 PM
.075? that's like 2 beers

Jimmy James
08-08-2006, 11:55 PM
.075? that's like 2 beers

If he was in a bar 20 minutes before that, it was probably more like 6 beers and the rest hadn't hit yet. It does take a while for the alcohol to be reflected based on the way I understand the tests.