Jaj
08-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Lee Evans+Warrick Dunn for Willis McGahee+Coles+Leftwich

Who has the advantage?

TractorTraylor
08-08-2006, 05:29 PM

Who has the advantage?

No way.. Coles is no longer a deep threat and he plays for the jets. And if this is the same as your other team then there is no need for a mediocre fantasy QB. Meanwhile, McGahee doesnt get many TDs. I say No Deal.

Kdawg954
08-08-2006, 05:36 PM

Who has the advantage?

Hmmm, I acutually like Willis this year, I think he will put up some TD's, and Coles, tho not the impact player he once was, should still be a good target for those Jets qb's . . I personally like Willis/Coles one better, and also u get Lord Byron, who depending on your QB situation may be a good backup for u. I really don't like Buffalos passing situation and Warrick has been reliable but he's getting up there in age, plus he doesn't get the GL carries usually. I would do the trade, but its not a no brainer.

Jaj
08-08-2006, 06:11 PM
No way.. Coles is no longer a deep threat and he plays for the jets. And if this is the same as your other team then there is no need for a mediocre fantasy QB. Meanwhile, McGahee doesnt get many TDs. I say No Deal.

Thanks ya I've been pushing to find another RB with a different bye week than Davis but this trade is a bit favored towards his side. I feel a little more highly about McGahee however because Dunn just doesn't score. Leftwich is a throw in player mainly that I'm looking to turn in an another deal.

DolfanGermany
08-09-2006, 07:21 AM
I'd do it. McGahee will have a good year, at least better than Dunn, be sure about that, and i like Coles with the Jets as much as Lee Evans, plus: you'll get Leftwich, who is a decent QB who threw a 3-1 TD-INT ratio last season.
I would accept that trade.

SwampDawg
08-09-2006, 08:43 AM
Depends on the makeup of the rest of your team. On the surface it seems like a pretty fair trade. I'm with the majority here, I like Willis a little better then Dunn, mainly because he'll get more of the goaline carries and doesn't have Duckett looking to spell him on series like Dunn. Evans showed some flashes last year and has more upside then Coles, but Coles should be a decent WR3.

fish fan 4 life
08-09-2006, 11:38 AM

Who has the advantage?If your getting McGahee,Coles,and Leftwich i say do it for sure.Dunn is getting old and he never scores and Evens has no qb to throw him the ball.

Jaj
08-09-2006, 01:27 PM
If your getting McGahee,Coles,and Leftwich i say do it for sure.Dunn is getting old and he never scores and Evens has no qb to throw him the ball.

Well the trade has been expanded to to include Todd Heap and on my side, but he's going "upgrade" Coles to Roy Williams and give Chris Cooley. I'm not sure if Leftwich is still in the deal but it doesn't bother me if he is or isn't considering that he isn't better than Warner my backup QB.

SwampDawg
08-09-2006, 01:57 PM
So you get Roy Williams, Cooley and McGahee for Dunn, Heap and Evans ?

I'd do that deal in minute, Heap has never played a full season w/o injury and Cooley was as hot as any TE the second half of last year.

Jaj
08-09-2006, 01:59 PM
So you get Roy Williams, Cooley and McGahee for Dunn, Heap and Evans ?

I'd do that deal in minute, Heap has never played a full season w/o injury and Cooley was as hot as any TE the second half of last year.

Yep that's the deal. He's for some reason not very hot on Cooley(no pun intended). I was against it for a little while but when I was able to push Roy Williams into the deal for Lee Evans then I became interested.

BDC87
08-09-2006, 03:49 PM
I like Willis(Top 15) over Dunn(Top 20) and Coles(Top 25) over Lee(Top 35). Leftwich is a Top 20 QB.

TractorTraylor
08-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Thats a good trade idea Jaj, I like it. Id go for it if it were me.

Jaj
08-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Thats a good trade idea Jaj, I like it. Id go for it if it were me.

Hint, hint:o

Thanks again for the FF help...

TractorTraylor
08-09-2006, 05:06 PM
I wasnt able to give much explanation before but the reason I like this trade for you is b/c Roy Williams now has Mike Martz. We all know how pass happy he is and how he likes to feature a reciver (Isaac Bruce then Torry Holt), so in Detroit all Martz has to work with is Roy Williams since Rogers and M.Williams are busts. To me, that spells success for Roy. With Cooley, we know the system Gibbs likes to run... lots of running and short passes to the TE/H-back. This will be great for Cooley since he will see lots of open spaces with Moss, Randle El and Lloyd as WR drawing coverage from others. I think Cooley will be an under the radar top TE prospect. As for McGahee, we know what he is capable of and lets just keep our fingers crossed that he works up to his potential. On the other side of the trade, as much as I like Lee Evans, Im just afraid there wont be anyone to get him the ball. If he does ever get the pigskin, watch out. As for Dunn, I think he will rack up some yards but to play devils advocate to myself, he is also aging (31 I think) and will lose goal line carries to Duckett. As for heap, he is a boom or bust. For this trade, it seems ok to get rid of him since he is giving you and upgrade at 2 other positions while moving laterally in the TE position. Good luck, hope he accepts..

TT