PDA

View Full Version : World Trade Center Trailer

BAMAPHIN 22
08-09-2006, 09:28 AM
World Trade Center Trailer: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809260612/trailer

dQbell
08-09-2006, 09:31 AM
While I don't think this movie shouldn't have been released, I don't think I'll be able to watch it. To this day I regret watching Saving Private Ryan because of a particular scene in it.

I suppose that's what good movies are about, but this topic for me is just so sensitive, it would be hard to see it.

Buddwalk
08-09-2006, 10:30 AM
I dont need to see a movie to remember what happened...scary part is I was supposed to go to new york city on a field trip that day but it was cancelled because of unsufficient funds

Alex44
08-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Thing is the movie is just about making money.

They want to make a true statement? Donate every cent they make to charity......whats that Mr. Director you cant do that? Thats right, its all about the money

SpurzN703
08-09-2006, 12:18 PM
I will pass on this movie. Im sure Nic Cage and Michael Pena meant well by being in the film, but I just dont think it needed to be filmed.

Paying actors to portray fictional/non-fictional characters would died in a natural tragedy just isnt right.

Same went for Pearl Harbor

Alex44
08-09-2006, 12:36 PM
I will pass on this movie. Im sure Nic Cage and Michael Pena meant well by being in the film, but I just dont think it needed to be filmed.

Paying actors to portray fictional/non-fictional characters would died in a natural tragedy just isnt right.

Same went for Pearl Harbor

IMO thats a little different, I think the country needed to be reminded of its history, but its not like we dont remember 9/11 anymore or take it lightly

Nappy Roots
08-09-2006, 12:37 PM

They want to make a true statement? Donate every cent they make to charity......whats that Mr. Director you cant do that? Thats right, its all about the money

surprise, the world revolves around making money. i mean, yea it was a huge tragitey, but thats no reason to do all the work everyone did for nothing.

Nappy Roots
08-09-2006, 12:38 PM
IMO thats a little different, I think the country needed to be reminded of its history, but its not like we dont remember 9/11 anymore or take it lightly

this movie isnt about reminding you about 9/11...its a story of a police officer.........

Alex44
08-09-2006, 12:43 PM
surprise, the world revolves around making money. i mean, yea it was a huge tragitey, but thats no reason to do all the work everyone did for nothing.

Im gonna reply to both your posts in one

1- The movie shouldnt be made simple as that, its a sleezy way to make money just like I said, The Film studio doesnt give a F about what happend, they are just cashing in on it

2- I know what its about, the point is it IS reminding us of 9/11 and what happend/the firefighters/police officers/whatever/whoever that was involved, even if it is a story.

Nappy Roots
08-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Im gonna reply to both your posts in one

1- The movie shouldnt be made simple as that, its a sleezy way to make money just like I said, The Film studio doesnt give a F about what happend, they are just cashing in on it

2- I know what its about, the point is it IS reminding us of 9/11 and what happend/the firefighters/police officers/whatever/whoever that was involved, even if it is a story.

how do you know they dont give a **** about what happend? im sure they put their heart and souls into this film. hell, someone was going to make money off of that story, so why not them?

just because someone makes money off something doesnt mean they dont care about it.

ch19079
08-09-2006, 12:47 PM
looks like another Titanic or Pearl Harbor type movie. 2-3 hours of a "love story" with 30 min of everyone dying near the end.

every time i see a trailer for this movie i keep picturing the heads of the movie studios dancing in a pile of money, happy as hell they could make several million bucks off the deaths of so many people. Thats the way is see it :mad: .

But i may be worng, i havent looked into the movie much. If they donate all (or most of) the profits from this movie to the family members of those killed, then i would change my mind, but untill that happens i wont watch this movie.

Alex44
08-09-2006, 12:47 PM
how do you know they dont give a **** about what happend? im sure they put their heart and souls into this film. hell, someone was going to make money off of that story, so why not them?

just because someone makes money off something doesnt mean they dont care about it.

Its a sleezy film Im just going to leave it like that and say have a nice day man

Nappy Roots
08-09-2006, 01:00 PM
every time i see a trailer for this movie i keep picturing the heads of the movie studios dancing in a pile of money, happy as hell they could make several million bucks off the deaths of so many people. Thats the way is see it :mad: .

people die everyday, so we shoudlnt have films about people dieing anymore?

Motion
08-09-2006, 01:05 PM

WRONG! This is a story about the brave people that risked their lives that day to help save those in need. The movie was pushed by the families of the people involved just like the United 93 movie was. They wanted their story told so that people can see there was some good that came out of that terrible day.

dQbell
08-09-2006, 01:08 PM
I was under the impression the movie was made to benefit some type of foundation or fund on behalf of what happened. The idea of people getting a paycheck from this is weird.

outtawack311
08-09-2006, 01:10 PM
I just think its too soon to make a movie about this. My g/f can barely watch the commercial without crying. If they wanted to make a movie about it you wait another 20 years, i think any amount of time before that and its too soon. Plus the whole Northeast wont beable to watch the movie, so i the pile of money wont even be there.

ch19079
08-09-2006, 01:11 PM
people die everyday, so we shoudlnt have films about people dieing anymore? actually i think people dying is required for a movie to be consitered watchable. but the point here is that it seems, at least from my point of view, that they looked at what happened and said, "lets make a movie about that, that will make us millions, its a sure thing".

Its one thing to make a movie about what happened and its another to use the death of thousands of people to make several million dollars in profit.

They have to show me that they are not out to simply use these peoples deaths as a way to make money. And from what i have seen in the trailor, they havent shown me that yet.

SpurzN703
08-09-2006, 01:14 PM

I am upset about what happened at Pearl Harbor, but it happened way before I was born, so I wasn't affected at all by that days events.

9/11 on the other hand, I was 20 at the time. I was alive when it happened, so it makes it that much more powerful. I remember everything very well. I dont have any family in NY, but if I did, I'd probably feel a lot worse about this movie coming out.

SpurzN703
08-09-2006, 01:15 PM
people die everyday, so we shoudlnt have films about people dieing anymore?

People get mugged, raped, beheaded, burned alive, decapitated.

Still want movies that involve these things too?

Motion
08-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Shot in New York with the cooperation of the Port Authority Police Department and the brave men and women involved in Jimeno and McLoughlin’s rescue, World Trade Center tries hard to get the story right. The filmmakers should be applauded for doing their research and keeping the politics out of this particular story.

http://movies.about.com/od/worldtradecenter/fr/wtcreview080806_2.htm

Nappy Roots
08-09-2006, 01:25 PM
People get mugged, raped, beheaded, burned alive, decapitated.

Still want movies that involve these things too?

there are movies about those things.....

SpurzN703
08-09-2006, 01:26 PM
there are movies about those things.....

I know, but why would anyone want to see that?

Nappy Roots
08-09-2006, 01:30 PM
I know, but why would anyone want to see that?

as bad as it sounds. its entertaining, and its a movie, in which its suppose to do that.

why does anyone watch 2 guys beating eachother up in a ring? entertainment.

why does anyone watch horror movies where fictious characters slaughter tons of people?
entertainment.

the point of this movie isnt even close..entertainment? absolutely. But not in the people dieing, its in the love story, the bravery story, the heroism in the movie.

Motion
08-09-2006, 01:32 PM
the point of this movie isnt even close..entertainment? absolutely. But not in the people dieing, its in the love story, the bravery story, the heroism in the movie.

:yes:

SpurzN703
08-09-2006, 01:50 PM
as bad as it sounds. its entertaining, and its a movie, in which its suppose to do that.

why does anyone watch 2 guys beating eachother up in a ring? entertainment.

why does anyone watch horror movies where fictious characters slaughter tons of people?
entertainment.

Yeah, I guess thats why I like horror movies.

Difference here though, is the horror movies we see have never happened in real life. Whereas 9/11 did

Wrestling is entertainment b/c its scripted. Boxing I'll never understand

FLOUNDER
08-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Why are they even making a movie like this. Like one person mentioned. They dont need to make a movie for us to remember what happened

Just another way to make money, its pathetic

UltraDol-Fan
08-09-2006, 01:56 PM
I'm definitely not going to see this movie anytime soon. As others have stated, it's too soon (for me) and it seems like a crappy ploy to make money. If they really cared about the history and accuracy of this they would have made a documentary (IMO), and not hired high profile actors.

Prime Time
08-09-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm siding with Nappy on this one. And I want to see this movie...

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-09-2006, 02:59 PM
of course it's a way to make money. every movie is. it's kinda what this country is built on.

Perfect23
08-09-2006, 03:00 PM
it looks good but I think they made it to early

unluckyluciano
08-09-2006, 03:06 PM
I think we are all just sensitive about what happened on 9-11 still. I too do not agree with hollywood grabbing 9-11 and selling the tragedy that we all remember. I remember where I was when I first heard about the 9-11 towers. I remember the whole day and days after that. That is enough for me............

Jt0323
08-09-2006, 03:06 PM
I dont need to see a movie to remember what happened...scary part is I was supposed to go to new york city on a field trip that day but it was cancelled because of unsufficient funds
thats weird... September 10th i went to the yankee game but it got rained out...

King Felix
08-09-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm siding with Nappy on this one. And I want to see this movie...me too.

unluckyluciano
08-09-2006, 03:09 PM
thats weird... September 10th i went to the yankee game but it got rained out...

I woke up turned on the tv and oddly enough I happened across cnn as they were breaking for a news story. I thought it was a fire till I learned later then I started calling my friend in new york and couldnt reach him. Finally a couple of days later he text me to let me know he was alright.

Perfect23
08-09-2006, 03:11 PM
I woke up turned on the tv and oddly enough I happened across cnn as they were breaking for a news story. I thought it was a fire till I learned later then I started calling my friend in new york and couldnt reach him. Finally a couple of days later he text me to let me know he was alright.

one person I know wasnt so lucky

unluckyluciano
08-09-2006, 03:14 PM
one person I know wasnt so lucky

Sorry to hear that.

Rocky Raccoon
08-09-2006, 05:32 PM

did you guys know Paul McCartney was supposed to be on one of the planes that hit the WCT, but had to change to a later flight?

Jt0323
08-09-2006, 05:40 PM
WRONG! This is a story about the brave people that risked their lives that day to help save those in need. The movie was pushed by the families of the people involved just like the United 93 movie was. They wanted their story told so that people can see there was some good that came out of that terrible day.
i agree...ive heard great things about this moive...and they are giving some profit to various 9/11 charities

Jt0323
08-09-2006, 05:43 PM
did you guys know Paul McCartney was supposed to be on one of the planes that hit the WCT, but had to change to a later flight?
wow i never knew that... just wow...

unluckyluciano
08-09-2006, 05:58 PM
i agree...ive heard great things about this moive...and they are giving some profit to various 9/11 charities

If it goes to charity Ill go watch it.

edit: is this for sure?

Jt0323
08-09-2006, 06:01 PM
If it goes to charity Ill go watch it.

edit: is this for sure?

Dramatizing Sept. 11 as a suspense film/tearjerker seems dangerously close to exploitation, even if distributor Paramount Pictures is donating 10 percent of the box-office gross to New York charities, including funds for widows and children of fire department personnel and police officers killed on Sept. 11.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/kzgazette/index.ssf?/base/features-0/1155136995225430.xml&coll=7

Slappy8800
08-09-2006, 06:06 PM

seth mcfarlane(family guy) was running through newark airport trying to get to his plane...he got there right as they closed the doors...he begged and pleaded to let him on and they refused...a liitle while later he watched that plane slam into the WTC...funny how life works

Jt0323
08-09-2006, 06:07 PM
another funny thing that happen was my friends from texas father went to NY that day for a meeting in the towers but he ran late...

Slappy8800
08-09-2006, 06:11 PM
so i read this whole thread and im not sure the people who disagree with the movie being made understand the plot of the movie....

it follows 2 Port Authority police officers through that day and how they survived in the rubble. its not exploiting the enite day, the events that happenmed and the people who died....its a story of hope and persaverance.

I was on my into NYC at the time and witness everything. I went to school where the NYPD and NYFD sent their employees to get educated. We lost some student, some of my classmates, but i want to see this movie. I dont know the story of these 2 officers

FinSinceBirth
08-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Another thing I don't think the people realize, is that the towers aren't shown falling down. And they never show the plane hitting the towers either. When the two officers arrive, the planes have already hit and the building/buildings are on fire.

This film is in no ways to dramatize the incident and all those deaths. It's to show the true story of two officers who risked their lives when they ran into those buildings and then managed to find a way to stay alive in the rubble. Those two men willingly albeit painfully retold their story so the nation could see.

Jaydog57
08-09-2006, 08:10 PM
seth mcfarlane(family guy) was running through newark airport trying to get to his plane...he got there right as they closed the doors...he begged and pleaded to let him on and they refused...a liitle while later he watched that plane slam into the WTC...funny how life works I was watching a clip from 'Inside the Actor's Studio' and Mark Wahlberg changed his flight the day before he left, decided to go to a film festival in Canada. He would have been on the 2nd plane to hit the WTC. :dolphins:

gators910
08-09-2006, 08:19 PM
too soon for me ,my best friends brother died that day he worked for cantor fitzgerald..just too soon...

ih8brady
08-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Although I don't really like Oliver Stone, there's no denying his talent as a story teller and this is said to be an apolitical film and possibly his best. WTC should be good.

Motion
08-09-2006, 10:23 PM
so i read this whole thread and im not sure the people who disagree with the movie being made understand the plot of the movie....

it follows 2 Port Authority police officers through that day and how they survived in the rubble. its not exploiting the enite day, the events that happenmed and the people who died....its a story of hope and persaverance.

I was on my into NYC at the time and witness everything. I went to school where the NYPD and NYFD sent their employees to get educated. We lost some student, some of my classmates, but i want to see this movie. I dont know the story of these 2 officers

Exactly, so quick to say its all about the money when I guarantee most don't even know the story.

Prime Time
08-10-2006, 03:59 AM
I saw one scene in a preview where you see the shadow of the plane...so don't be too sure that they don't show it. It came out tonight..did anyone see it?

King Felix
08-10-2006, 04:04 AM
I saw one scene in a preview where you see the shadow of the plane...so don't be too sure that they don't show it. It came out tonight..did anyone see it?i chose talledega nights...........idk if i wanna watch it quite yet

Motion
08-10-2006, 08:10 AM
I saw one scene in a preview where you see the shadow of the plane...so don't be too sure that they don't show it. It came out tonight..did anyone see it?

100% sure

If you didn’t know this was an Oliver Stone movie going in, chances are you won’t know it as you leave the theater unless you stay for the credits. Stone refrained from inserting his own view of the events into this story and tonally, visually, and substance-wise, World Trade Center is nothing like any of his previous films. Stone not only didn’t include his own politics in the movie, but also chose not to include footage of the planes hitting the buildings, the Towers actually collapsing, or other all-too-familiar scenes from that horrific day. None of that sort of footage would have benefited the story and Stone, to his credit, manages to show the scope of the devastation just by focusing on the specific area surrounding Jimeno and McLoughlin.

http://movies.about.com/od/worldtradecenter/fr/wtcreview080806.htm

ganooch
08-10-2006, 09:16 AM
i saw it with my own eyes. Do not need to see the movie.

Prime Time
08-15-2006, 08:57 AM
I saw the movie. Who else saw it? Thoughts?