PDA

View Full Version : Jets interested in Turner & Shipp at RB

In_Flames
08-09-2006, 10:38 AM
"The Jets continue to explore the running backs market. The latest names added to the list are the Cardinals' Marcel Shipp and the Chargers' Michael Turner, who worked with Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer the past two years."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjets08099,0,6316932.story

...just a couple other names to add to their list along side the Titans' Chris Brown as a replacement for CMart...

BwanaZulia
08-09-2006, 11:34 AM
I am not sure why we cannot get along with the 3 RBs we have.

Blaylock, Houston, Washington.

BZ

dominizzo
08-09-2006, 12:49 PM
I would put cedric Houston to start

outtawack311
08-09-2006, 12:53 PM
I hope they don't somehow pull off getting Turner, he is good.

nick1
08-09-2006, 12:58 PM
getting Shipp would be a waste of a pick, Turner on the other hand is very good. but I feel the Jets would be fine with Houston starting. they have more important things to worry about than RB. like what happens when Pennington goes down again, when Ramsey doesn't work out and they have to start a rookie at QB? they should go ahead and start Clemens to get him ready for the future, we all know the Jets won't be doing anything this year anyway.

I know it's the Jets and I do hate them but thats just my 2 cents

AggieFin21
08-09-2006, 12:58 PM
I think the Jets would be fine starting Blaylock at RB until Houston is ready. I actually think Houston will be ready to start before the season begins. No need to acquire another RB but if Turner or Brown becomes avaliable, expect the Jets to get too nervous with their current RBs and jump at one of them.

Sirspud
08-09-2006, 01:38 PM
They should pick up Lamar Gordon somehow.

Jaj
08-09-2006, 02:14 PM
They'll get Chris Brown who I think could frankly be a little bit of a fantasy sleeper if he were there with the QB situation and the strong looking rookies on the offensive line.