PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Robin Williams Seeks Help for Alcoholism

Celtkin
08-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Robin Williams is seeking treatment for alcoholism, publicist Mara Buxbaum said Wednesday.

The 55-year-old comedian had been sober for 20 years, Buxbaum said.

Williams "found himself drinking again and has decided to take proactive measures to deal with this for his own well-being and the well-being of his family," she said in a statement. "He looks forward to returning to work this fall to support his upcoming film releases."
breitbart.com (http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/09/D8JD32PO1.html)

Good for him.

FLASHBACK: Mocked Limbaugh Addiction in July (http://newsbusters.org/node/6222)

(Caution...link contains profanity)

dQbell
08-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Yes, I hope he gets through it. He's probably one of the best comediens of all time. Brilliant.

Perfect23
08-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Yes, I hope he gets through it. He's probably one of the best comediens of all time. Brilliant.

yes has in the words of porky pig pi pis pi pss of lou:lol:

Jt0323
08-09-2006, 05:52 PM
opps did not see this posted already sorry...but like celtkin said good for him!

Jaydog57
08-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Hey Robin, this Bud's for you.:dolphins:

dominizzo
08-09-2006, 07:16 PM
WOOW Who would of thought

cnc66
08-09-2006, 07:28 PM
sobering... to go out after twenty years is frightening. I have sixteen put together myself so I really hear the lesson in this one. It didn't go away.

Dolphin1184
08-09-2006, 07:33 PM
I am a big Robin Williams fan. Not only is he an outstanding comedian but he can also play serious roles so well. A good example is Mrs Doubtfire. It is a funny movie but it has a really serious underlying theme of a father wanting to see his kids. It is a really classy movie that doesn't deal with someone really dressing in drag (its not like the character he played was proud of it).

I am glad he is attacking his problem with alcohol.

Celtkin
08-09-2006, 08:14 PM
sobering... to go out after twenty years is frightening. I have sixteen put together myself so I really hear the lesson in this one. It didn't go away.

Congrats to ya, Marty. It has to be one tough battle. I quit smoking about 18 months ago after having been a smoker for 25+ years. I can only imagine how difficult staying sober has been (especially with all the time you spend in POFO) :wink:

CharlestonPhan
08-09-2006, 08:57 PM
props to Robin Willians for owning up to his problem and doing something about it, and not waiting until he hurt someone, or embarrassed his family or himself...

and congrats to CNC on your 16 years, and to you Celt for giving up those cancer sticks. my mom has done so about 4 times now.

SpurzN703
08-10-2006, 03:28 PM
I am a big Robin Williams fan. Not only is he an outstanding comedian but he can also play serious roles so well. A good example is Mrs Doubtfire. It is a funny movie but it has a really serious underlying theme of a father wanting to see his kids. It is a really classy movie that doesn't deal with someone really dressing in drag (its not like the character he played was proud of it).

I am glad he is attacking his problem with alcohol.

One of my favorite movies in fact :wink:

Dors156
08-10-2006, 03:37 PM
good for him

dreday
08-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Maybe the Mel Gibson thing had something to do with this.In any case kudos to him for doing something about it.Always liked Robin.:up: :woot: