PDA

View Full Version : What's this team look like ?

Scrap
08-10-2006, 11:31 AM
This is my first time playing. I was 5th pick out of 8 teams.

QB: Daunte, T. Green, P. Rivers

RB: C.Portis, R.Bush, D.McAllister, C.Brown

WR: T.O., D.Driver, J.Horn, T.Glenn, Keyshawn Johnson

TE: T.Heap, Dallas Clark

K: S.Graham

Defense: Panthers, Colts

BDC87
08-10-2006, 01:57 PM
There some questions surrounding 2 out of your three Qb's, No solid depth at RB, WR depth is also lacking. Good Defensive Picks. I'll Give you a C+ to B- because on a 8 team league and you picking in the middle, it's not cutting it for me.

Scrap
08-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Here are the first 4 picks, as I recall them: Manning, Shawn Alexander, LT, L.Johnson

I went with Portis at 5, and picked up T.O. in the 2nd.( I probably should have picked a rb with the 2nd, but all the picks after mine were rbs, except for one guy picked Steve Smith. I wanted to jump on the wr train before that got taken up.)

This was my first time, so having a less than perfect draft is to be expected. Alot of the players I wanted, got picked right before my turn. (Leading me to change up suddenly.)

Philter25
08-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Philter > Scrap :D

Not bad for your first time. You made the right 1st pick but you should try to get some help at RB. I have Westbrook, Rudi Johnson, Jamal Lewis, Dom Rhodes, and Kevin Jones.... you need depth at RB to win.

Also, you really dont need 2 strong starting defenses. See if you can trade with someone to acquire another good RB for one of your defenses. Both Carolina and Indy are probably upgrades for a few guys in our league. Also, I think keeping a backup TE in our league where we NEED to start 2 QBs, 3WRs, 2RBs, and 1 WR/RB is a waste of a roster spot considering the small roster we have. Therefore, I would try to drop/trade Clark to pick up another possible starting RB and do the same with a defense.

Mile High Fin
08-14-2006, 04:22 PM
This is my first time playing. I was 5th pick out of 8 teams.

QB: Daunte, T. Green, P. Rivers

RB: C.Portis, R.Bush, D.McAllister, C.Brown

WR: T.O., D.Driver, J.Horn, T.Glenn, Keyshawn Johnson

TE: T.Heap, Dallas Clark

K: S.Graham

Defense: Panthers, Colts

Yeah, you're hurting at RB big time (for an 8-team league).
You better hope McAllister doesn't play much......(unlikely).
QB: You'll do fine at QB.

RB: But you'll get crushed at RB (4 teams have a better #1RB, and probably will beat you MORE with their #2RB, too, if R.Bush is splitting time).

WR: You'll be fine. TO is good. D.Driver/J.Horn will probably be worse than other teams' #2-3WR (in a 8-team league). So you will be even, or lose that matchup.

TE: Todd Heap will give you the advantage in most cases, except Gates/Shockey/Gonzo (but that's near 1/2 the league, LOL).

Def: You have 2 good Defenses, but who cares..... It's defense.

I predict, for an 8-team league, you'll be 6th-8th place.
Just my honest opinion....

fins5423
08-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Cliton Portis is hurt so your pretty screwed at the RB postion