PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who played Oblivion on 360

dQbell
08-10-2006, 03:01 PM
I decided to give this a little more of my time lately, but I wanted to know if any of you that have played have problems with the draw distance. It seems most of the landscape pops up instead of being there from the beginning. I wasn't aware that this game, that was so praised for graphics did it.

Just curious. Want to make sure it's not my 360.

Thanks

mor911
08-10-2006, 03:19 PM
In out door areas where there's a lot of stuff (trees, hills and such) there tends to be some pop-ups. So I don't think it's your 360. The grphical detail actually goes down quit a bit when you walk away from stuff. Sometimes it doesn't re-render the hi-res version (i don't know the actual programming term for this) when you're near untill you're too close. The glitch then looks like a wall of bolder popped up in from of you. These are just some grphical issues I've experienced with Oblivion.

dQbell
08-10-2006, 05:12 PM
In out door areas where there's a lot of stuff (trees, hills and such) there tends to be some pop-ups. So I don't think it's your 360. The grphical detail actually goes down quit a bit when you walk away from stuff. Sometimes it doesn't re-render the hi-res version (i don't know the actual programming term for this) when you're near untill you're too close. The glitch then looks like a wall of bolder popped up in from of you. These are just some grphical issues I've experienced with Oblivion.

Ok, thanks.

TheMageGandalf
08-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Ok, thanks.

I haven't noticed it too much but then again thats problably because I am just used to it and dont look for it much.

If any of you ever played Morrowind for the PC, you'll remember how the draw distance sucked on that. (although it might've been my PC was not up to specs)