PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden Different World

Phins28
08-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Enjoy metal bangers

http://www.ironmaiden.com/homepage.php?section=0&subsection=0

unifiedtheory
08-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Wooohooo....us Canadians get the record a week earlier then you American Maiden fans...too sweet.:D

Phins28
08-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Wooohooo....us Canadians get the record a week earlier then you American Maiden fans...too sweet.:D

:tantrum::fire:

UncleCosmic
08-10-2006, 09:19 PM
That song friggin' rocks! I hope that is the show opener when I see them at Camden!

CharlestonPhan
08-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Butthead: UUUUUHHHhhhh, its like, you can say what you want about Maiden, but like, when it comes to making videos, those guys dont srew around...

sorry, i know that added nothing to the thread, but thats one of my alltime favorite B and B quotes, and i have to include it anytime Maiden is mentioned...

:rawk:

Jaydog57
08-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Dude, Different World rocks! Very cool. I hope they tour in Florida.:dolphins:

Metal Panda
08-12-2006, 01:48 PM
darn, I thought this was a rare recording of Iron Maiden playing the theme song to the cosby spinoff sitcom "A Different World"

Metal Panda
08-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Dude, Different World rocks! Very cool. I hope they tour in Florida.:dolphins:

sure as hell didn't last time. I'm not that big on the last two studio albums, but the classics are worth it.

As far as "Different World", at least it actually has a riff in it this time, unlike the last two albums....

the song itself is enjoyable, it sounds more like their poppier material from the late 80's, but it's good. Still would like to hear an "Aces High" type song on the new album.

Bruce still sounds great though. A step up from the last two albums.

SweetLou
08-12-2006, 11:33 PM
I've heard three songs from the album, and they r all great! There seems to be an even more progressive sound on the record, but yet each song is backed by a huge riff like the earlier Maiden records. Even though Bruce has lost the power he once had, he is still one of the greats and out performs most of the young guys out now.

Check out Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, here's a link http://www.bravewords.com/news/49137

Metal Panda
08-13-2006, 09:19 AM
I've heard three songs from the album, and they r all great! There seems to be an even more progressive sound on the record, but yet each song is backed by a huge riff like the earlier Maiden records. Even though Bruce has lost the power he once had, he is still one of the greats and out performs most of the young guys out now.

Check out Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, here's a link http://www.bravewords.com/news/49137

I dunno, Bruce really hasn't deteriorated much at all, to my ears. I think he still has a lot of the ferocity. And I'm heavily critical of that sort of thing :).

Compare him to Rob Halford, whose voice is wearing away fast (he didn't sound good at all on the Angel of Retribution album).

You're right about him out performing a lot of the young guys.

In_Flames
08-13-2006, 09:25 AM
I dunno, Bruce really hasn't deteriorated much at all, to my ears. I think he still has a lot of the ferocity. And I'm heavily critical of that sort of thing :).

Compare him to Rob Halford, whose voice is wearing away fast (he didn't sound good at all on the Angel of Retribution album).

:yeahthat:

SweetLou
08-13-2006, 10:57 AM

Yes, Rob's voice has deteriorated, but I've also found that his songwriting from his solo albums is superior to his new stuff with Priest. That seems to be the case with most veterans in that they gain greater songwriting chops while their vocal chords seem to wear down.

But as far as Bruce is concerned, I think his last 3 solo albums are better than the stuff he's done with Maiden. Have u guys heard of Chemical Wedding and Tyranny of Souls?

Metal Panda
08-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Yes, Rob's voice has deteriorated, but I've also found that his songwriting from his solo albums is superior to his new stuff with Priest. That seems to be the case with most veterans in that they gain greater songwriting chops while their vocal chords seem to wear down.

I have to say Halford's Resurrection, while the motives behind it may have been questionable (aka, FORGIVE ME FANS FOR "TWO"), was an extremely solid album.

The album after it, The Crucible, wasn't quite as solid, but I agree with it being better than the new Priest.

as far as Bruce solo, I have Accident of Birth on cd.

Pagan
08-14-2006, 07:08 AM
Amazing...simply amazing.

I cannot wait, my drummer and I will be there in Hartford, CT on October 4th for the opening night of the tour! :rawk:

as far as Bruce solo, I have Accident of Birth on cd.
You need to pick up The Chemical Wedding. :wink:

SweetLou
08-14-2006, 06:27 PM
You need to pick up The Chemical Wedding. :wink:

:yeahthat: Its the heaviest thing Brucey has ever done. Hands down.

Den54
08-15-2006, 07:04 AM
I saw Iron Madien back in Jan/87. Yangvae Mausteen sp opened up for them.
I love Ryme of the Ancient Mariner. Ticket price 15.00 dollars. Seeing that little skinny singer from Mausteen get hit in the head with a potato..priceless.:D

Pagan
08-15-2006, 09:26 AM
I saw Iron Madien back in Jan/87. Yangvae Mausteen sp opened up for them.
I love Ryme of the Ancient Mariner. Ticket price 15.00 dollars. Seeing that little skinny singer from Mausteen get hit in the head with a potato..priceless.:D
Yngwie Malmsteen. :wink:

In_Flames
08-15-2006, 09:30 AM

it was a good attempt on his part...I actually like Yangvae better..:chuckle:

Den54
08-15-2006, 10:45 AM

Did you not see the sp?

Pagan
08-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Did you not see the sp?
Yes I did. That's why I helped ya out, bro.

Den54
08-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Yes I did. That's why I helped ya out, bro.

:D