PDA

View Full Version : No More GTA4 for PS3? *UNCONFIRMED*

Bruzer
08-10-2006, 07:16 PM
I read about this on another site although not confirmed so don't flip out yet sony fans :D but if this does happen another blow to ps3 sadly...

The very next day on G4TV, Peter Moore sat down with Kevin Pereira for a shocking announcment. This is the one that would cause al the controversy! In the interview, Moore revealed that just prior the the interview he was doing, he signed a contract of exclusivity, and that GTA IV was now "Only on XBOX 360". Kevin asked Moore how he managed to steal away such a huge title from Sony. Moore stated that Rockstar were "smart businessmen" and that they "knew what they were doing".

After E3, no one was talking. Rockstar, Take-Two, Sony, Microsoft...nobody. Until Sony makes a statement that would almost collaborate what was happening behind the scenes. Sony co-CEO Jack Tretton commented in an interview about the deal, saying the following:

"There's no question that having the Grand Theft Auto franchise helped us a lot and helped us sell some units, but I don't think the battle would be any different with or without Grand Theft Auto.

If you look at our first-party library and the franchises that we've brought to market over the course of PlayStation 2, we have a very formidable first-party library of exclusive software that will help define us."

In other words, Sony claims they don't need GTA.
Rest of article here.
http://rated-m.blogspot.com/2006/07/is-microsoft-buying-rockstar.html

Caps
08-10-2006, 09:24 PM
The PS3 logo on the bottom of the official site (http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto4/) is all the confirmation I need that this is false until otherwise proven.

Bruzer
08-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Well it hasn't happened yet because microsoft hasn't taken over take 2 this is saying if microsoft does then it will take gta and make it exclusive. I never said it was true but it has a good chance of happeneing.

P.S I am a sony fan so I am hoping it doesn't happen but ps3 seems to be losing exclusives alot lately.

Motion
08-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Well it hasn't happened yet because microsoft hasn't taken over take 2 this is saying if microsoft does then it will take gta and make it exclusive. I never said it was true but it has a good chance of happeneing.

P.S I am a sony fan so I am hoping it doesn't happen but ps3 seems to be losing exclusives alot lately.

Like what?

mor911
08-11-2006, 01:25 PM
I think he generally means stuff like Assassin's Creed and GTA4. Those are the only I can think of.

Bruzer
08-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Yea i didnt mean to type alot just in a hurry this mourning but ps3 is losing some exclusives im not sure if there is more than those 2 but only time will tell.

dQbell
08-11-2006, 02:36 PM

Microsoft taking over Take 2? Is this speculation based on anything grounded? That would be huge.

Bruzer
08-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Its atm speculation I think because like article states Take 2 is losing money even with gta sales so they will either need to join with somebody or sell company. Microsoft would jump at it though for thier titles.

Miami 13
08-11-2006, 03:35 PM
GTA 4 WILL be on PS3.

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Its atm speculation I think because like article states Take 2 is losing money even with gta sales so they will either need to join with somebody or sell company. Microsoft would jump at it though for thier titles.

Why wouldn't Sony jump on it?

Bruzer
08-11-2006, 08:44 PM
If you read sony flat out said with or without grand theft auto we will do fine. Microsoft wants gta to sell systems sony doesn't really care.

Anyways gta4 will most likely be ps3 I agree but after gta4 if take2 doesnt start making money I see company selling.

Anyways I know just as much as you guys basically nothing. I just seen article and posted.

JPhinfan86
08-14-2006, 12:54 AM
:roflmao: This would be AWESOME!!! XBOX 360 is where this belongs. :up:

Motion
08-14-2006, 08:34 AM

What makes you say that?

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-14-2006, 01:51 PM
If you read sony flat out said with or without grand theft auto we will do fine. Microsoft wants gta to sell systems sony doesn't really care.

Anyways gta4 will most likely be ps3 I agree but after gta4 if take2 doesnt start making money I see company selling.

Anyways I know just as much as you guys basically nothing. I just seen article and posted.

It doesn't mean Sony wouldn't jump on buying Take 2.

Sony is right with what they said. If GTA 3 wasn't an exclusive for a brief period of time they still would of sold plenty of systems.

Alex44
08-14-2006, 01:55 PM

Yep game I hate on a system I hate, PERFECT :D

Motion
08-14-2006, 03:21 PM

You hate GTA?

Pagan
08-14-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm still trying to understand how one can "hate" a gaming system. :lol:

like2god
08-14-2006, 03:51 PM
GTA is my favorite game for Playstation, if there isn't going to be a GTA4 for PS3 I may rethink making the purchase.

like2god
08-14-2006, 03:54 PM

:lol:

Well, I absolutely hate playing sports games on PS2. I grew up playing Nintendo almost exclusively and I hate the glitches and jumps in the action on PS2. I can handle the loading times, but when I am in the middle of a game and it hiccups on me, I want to throw the controller through the TV.

:wink:

Alex44
08-14-2006, 03:58 PM

:lol:

I just dont like XBox or Microsoft systems at all, I prefer PS2 or Nintendo

Alex44
08-14-2006, 03:59 PM
You hate GTA?

Its not so much I hate it, just doesnt really appeal to me after 10 minutes of playing it the first time I was like 'okay this game is stupid and pretty much pointless'

Motion
08-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Its not so much I hate it, just doesnt really appeal to me after 10 minutes of playing it the first time I was like 'okay this game is stupid and pretty much pointless'

OOOkay, to each their own.

Mike13
08-14-2006, 04:38 PM

Yeah, I never got that either.

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-14-2006, 04:49 PM

Even if you don't like the game, can't you tell the fact that the game is amazing?

I hate FPSes however I can see why people love Halo, that is a well made game.