PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and Good Wishes Needed

The Rev
08-10-2006, 09:26 PM
My brothers and sisters:
One of our own, njfinfan has not been feeling well lately. In fact, she is undergoing treatment for breast cancer. She has her good days and she has her bad days but she always tries to remain upbeat. While a lot of us cannot possibly understand what she is going through, we can do one thing: pray or send her our best wishes. If there is one thing I know about this place (FH) is the family aspect of it. Mary has become like a sister to me. She has helped me get though some tough times (along with some other members) and now it is her turn.
I would like us to post our well wishes and/or prayers (if you are so inclined) for her. She might not post often but she reads everything. :lol: Let's offer her our best: I'll go first.

Mary, all the best for you my friend. May God continue to take care of you and please let me know if there is anything I can do. Stay strong my sister. :wink:

d-day
08-10-2006, 09:32 PM
she has all mine...

King Felix
08-10-2006, 09:33 PM
wow.........prayers to her!

dolphinfan2k5
08-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Good luck... Tough times may be ahead, but you'll get through them :up:

Silverphin
08-10-2006, 09:35 PM
She has my prayers. Please pull though...

Slappy8800
08-10-2006, 09:35 PM
i had no idea! ill send out some good vibes

Nappy Roots
08-10-2006, 09:38 PM
wish her the best! hope she pulls through.

Celtkin
08-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Mary...you have my prayers and best wishes. Please remember that this FH family is YOUR extended family and we are here to give you strength, to hold you when you are sad and to make you laugh when you need it.

We will not let you down...

Walking25
08-10-2006, 10:03 PM
God Bless....

305TillIDie
08-10-2006, 10:07 PM
hope she pull through..good luck!

Amars
08-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Good Luck

Rocky Raccoon
08-10-2006, 10:21 PM
all the best of luck to you Mary...I will surely keep you in my prayers, God Bless :hug:

Buddwalk
08-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Breast Cancer runs in my family...I cant say I know whats its like but i've seen it take its toll on people that I care about and its quite sad, but something also that runs in my family is fighting...my grandmother has survived cancer 3 times, my aunt 2 times, and my other aunt is fighting through her first time. Just keep fighting and best of wishes and love from all of the finheaven bretheren :wink: :wink: :wink:

A Wing Pilot
08-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Best wishes, if there is anything the FH family can do, please let us know. this is a tough time but your family and friends will bring you through.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Mary has my best wishes, thoughts, and prayers. Keep your chin up! We are all pulling for you.:wink:

Perfect23
08-10-2006, 10:40 PM
My Prayers go out to her

unluckyluciano
08-10-2006, 10:44 PM
When it gets tough think of finheaven and we will be here waiting to talk to you and make you feel better. Always keep your head up, and always remember all of us will be pulling for you. You will be in my prayers.

Majpain
08-10-2006, 10:47 PM
God that sucks.I hope she gets threw this.

Jt0323
08-10-2006, 10:52 PM
wow i just saw this thread... my prayers are with her...best wishes!

Gonzo
08-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Stay strong Mary! Best wishes!

darkmistress
08-10-2006, 11:00 PM
my thoughts and prayers are with you Mary

like2god
08-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Mary, my family and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I know that you will stay strong and fight this thing. If I can help you in any way, please let me know. I know when my mom was sick in June, the support that I received from all of my FH bros was overwhelming and it helped to ease my fears and nervousness. I only hope that we can help you in the same way.

God Bless

Mike

dQbell
08-10-2006, 11:06 PM
God Bless you. My prayers go out to you. May you find strength and comfort in these trying times.

Dors156
08-10-2006, 11:44 PM
god bless i will pray for you:pray:

PassRush
08-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Thats terrible, I had no idea. I hope the best for you.

dreday
08-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Get well soon.Ive been hearing alot about this disease lately.I know ur strong and youll pull thru.God Bless.

Roman529
08-11-2006, 01:58 AM
God bless you Mary.,,,you will be in my prayers. I lost my sister-in-law to breast cancer in the Summer, 2003. :( Hopefully there will be a cure to this terrible disease very soon.

Samphin
08-11-2006, 03:09 AM
I don't pray, but this is certainly sad news. All my best and support goes out. Anything needed, feel free to contact me. I mean it. Having watched my grandmother go through this experience and having my girlfriend survive cancer has made me a de facto sponge. If she needs to talk or anything, fele free to get ahold of me.

Martel
08-11-2006, 03:37 AM
Pull through Mary!! You know the Finheaven boys got your back!!

lazareth
08-11-2006, 04:09 AM
i do not really know you nj but i wish you all the best and a speedy recovery

@@@
08-11-2006, 04:13 AM
Best Wishes

Timmy54
08-11-2006, 06:56 AM
god bless, I am praying for you, get back here and keep us stupid guys in line.

NJFINSFAN1
08-11-2006, 07:17 AM
Mary, I'm very sorry to hear this. But if I know you like I think I do after talking with you here and thru PM's, your a fighter. And I know you will not only fight this for yourself, but for your daughter whom you love so deeply. I wish you all my prayers.

My wife works in a breast imaging center as a nurse in Teaneck, if you ever have any questions, throw me a PM.

njfinfan
08-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Thanks everyone for your prayers, thoughts, energy and best wishes. I've been battling this disease for almost a year and I've suddenly taken a slight turn for the worst, which prompted this prayer thread from Raul.

I will let all know the news as soon as I know it.

Once again, you're all an amazing second family and I care for all of you deeply (even the ones I have to warn or ban - lol - just kidding).

njfinfan
08-11-2006, 07:32 AM
My wife works in a breast imaging center as a nurse in Teaneck, if you ever have any questions, throw me a PM.

This is nice to hear. I've had tons of questions throughout my illness. If I think of any additional and you're sure I'm not bothering you, I'll ask via PM.

Thanks very much.

Mary

Baxter
08-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Your in my prayers, get well soon.:wink:

SkapePhin
08-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Best Wishes, I know you will get through this!

TJamesW_phinfan
08-11-2006, 08:41 AM
My prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery Mary.

They have made great progress in breast cancer treatment. My friend was diagnosed with breast cancer nearly 10 years ago and after treatments she is now cancer free for several years. Try to keep your spirit high when you can and laugh as much as possible when you can. Attitude and state of mind are as important as any medicine. My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer and is now cancer free for several years. It can be beat. You can beat it. Believe in yourself and know that your friends and family here at finheaven believe in you and are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

In_Flames
08-11-2006, 08:45 AM
You're in my prayers as well Mary...

greatwade
08-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks everyone for your prayers, thoughts, energy and best wishes. I've been battling this disease for almost a year and I've suddenly taken a slight turn for the worst, which prompted this prayer thread from Raul.

I will let all know the news as soon as I know it.

Once again, you're all an amazing second family and I care for all of you deeply (even the ones I have to warn or ban - lol - just kidding).

You get better, and doublequick! There is just no way the other mods can handle me and my ilk without ya!!!

Seriously, get well soon. Stay upbeat, and know EVERYTHING happens for some reason. However good/bad/weird/indifferent it may seem. :D

PhinzN703
08-11-2006, 09:50 AM
You are in my prayers. Please get well soon!

retired opfinistic
08-11-2006, 10:03 AM
NJFF:

My prayers are with you for a full and speedy recovery. Be strong and keep positive, you have a lot of prayers headed your way from your FH family.

dominizzo
08-11-2006, 01:01 PM
My prayers are with MAry and her family

Straztheman
08-11-2006, 01:43 PM
God Bless

miamikid92
08-11-2006, 05:15 PM
sorry to hear about this get well soon!

Puka-head
08-11-2006, 05:25 PM
My Doctor is going thru chemo for BC now. Makes it hard for me to whine at her. Modern technology is doing amazing things now, not much into the praying thing but I will make a donation in your name to the Breast Cancer foundation for some good juju for you. Be at peace.

GRAPEAPE
08-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Best wishes and prayers for you and your family through this difficult time.

njfinfan
08-13-2006, 06:06 AM
UPDATE: I received my results on Saturday and I am very happy to say that what we thought might be an additional tumor has turned to be nothing more than fibroids and a little scar tissue. Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. I am ecstatic to say the least and special thanks to Reverend Fin for starting this thread and to Puka-Head for wanting to donate on my behalf. There may, after all, be light at the end of this tunnel, not darkness as I thought.

King Felix
08-13-2006, 06:16 AM
UPDATE: I received my results on Saturday and I am very happy to say that what we thought might be an additional tumor has turned to be nothing more than fibroids and a little scar tissue. Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. I am ecstatic to say the least and special thanks to Reverend Fin for starting this thread and to Puka-Head for wanting to donate on my behalf. There may, after all, be light at the end of this tunnel, not darkness as I thought.very very good news.

SCall13
08-13-2006, 07:40 AM
Mary, God will see you through this. Just keep your faith in him and claim it. I offer my prayers...

njfinfan
08-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Mary, God will see you through this. Just keep your faith in him and claim it. I offer my prayers...

Thanks Sean!

Celtkin
08-13-2006, 08:06 AM
UPDATE: I received my results on Saturday and I am very happy to say that what we thought might be an additional tumor has turned to be nothing more than fibroids and a little scar tissue. Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. I am ecstatic to say the least and special thanks to Reverend Fin for starting this thread and to Puka-Head for wanting to donate on my behalf. There may, after all, be light at the end of this tunnel, not darkness as I thought.

That's wonderful news Mary. It seems that there is power in the collective prayers and postitive thoughts of Dolphins fans.

TJamesW_phinfan
08-13-2006, 09:30 AM

Great news! :up:

Silverphin
08-13-2006, 10:46 AM

:woot:

The Rev
08-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Amen my sister. :woot:

The Confessor
08-13-2006, 11:38 AM

OUTSTANDING NEWS.

If I shed a tear are you gonna give me a warning? Too late...

You are one of the finheaven cornerstones, can't lose our cornerstones... ya know. Then the entire site would lean too much.:wink:

Mary, Is it in our best interest to start a Phinheaven "Bakesale" to create funds to help you out? Let me know, I will get something in the oven double quick...

Kenny

PS: Rev, you still da man. You deserve that special spot somebody is saving for you upstairs...

CharlestonPhan
08-13-2006, 11:39 AM
my prayers and best wishes to NJFinFan and her family. i hope she has all the support she needs from those closest to her.

HolliFinFan
08-13-2006, 12:11 PM

Fantastic news, NJ. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.
~~Holli

njfinfan
08-13-2006, 02:06 PM
You guys are amazing. Thank you so much for your support. I'm crying just reading these positive threads. Thank you again SO SO much. You don't know how much the finheaven family means to me - and no AZ I won't give you points. But thank you again for telling me that you appreciate me too.

Miamian
08-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Great news that you're better. I'm sorry that I didn't see this thread until now.

retired opfinistic
08-14-2006, 10:16 AM
You guys are amazing. Thank you so much for your support. I'm crying just reading these positive threads. Thank you again SO SO much. You don't know how much the finheaven family means to me - and no AZ I won't give you points. But thank you again for telling me that you appreciate me too.:D Yay! Glad you're out of the woods. To your health:
:rastanana :dance: :bob: :thewave: :drinker:

DrAstroZoom
08-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Mary ... the Doc's prescription is to keep getting better! Our prayers are with you!

NJFINSFAN1
08-14-2006, 03:19 PM
This is nice to hear. I've had tons of questions throughout my illness. If I think of any additional and you're sure I'm not bothering you, I'll ask via PM.

Thanks very much.

Mary

It would by no means be a bother!:wink:

like2god
08-14-2006, 03:29 PM

Great news :clap:

I wish you all of the best and hope you remain happy and healthy. :yes:

unluckyluciano
08-14-2006, 03:33 PM

Great news!!! Keep your head up and keep going. Like walter payton used to tell himself push, push , push one more yard, push,push, one more yard............. Don't stop pushing :wink:

NJFINSFAN1
08-14-2006, 03:45 PM

Just saw this, great news Mary!

Keep up the good fight!:rolleyes: