PDA

View Full Version : FH Awards - Best FPS/MMO -- VOTE!

mor911
08-11-2006, 01:35 PM
FPS (First Person Shooters) and MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online) games are amongst the most popular titles out right now. The genres seem to expand with every release. The nominations are in, now it's our turn to vote for FinHeaven's best FPS and MMO!

Best FPS Game:
Call of duty 2 (360)
Halo 2 (Xbox)
Black (multi-platform)
Metroid Prime: Hunters (Nintendo DS)

Best MMO Game:
World of Warcraft (PC)
City of Villains (PC)
EverQuest 2 (PC)

They're in no paticular order, for an explanaition on how the nominations were selected, check this: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=2703391#post2703391

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-11-2006, 04:00 PM
went call of duty 2 for FPS, even though it's not that great. and MMORPG's are awful.

Link
08-11-2006, 04:28 PM
We all know what I did. :goof:

mor911
08-11-2006, 04:30 PM
We all know what I did. :goof:Halo 2? :sidelol:

Link
08-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Halo 2? :sidelol:

Yeah! :goof:

:wink:

DOLBET
08-11-2006, 04:49 PM
What about D.D.O. ? I would vote that game for best MMO.

mor911
08-11-2006, 04:50 PM
What about D.D.O. ? I would vote that game for best MMO.did you ever participate in the nominations?
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=2703391#post2703391

DOLBET
08-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Sorry, I missed the nominations part.

mor911
08-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Sorry, I missed the nominations part.
:refuse:

j/k

UltraDol-Fan
08-11-2006, 05:34 PM
voted

TheMageGandalf
08-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Voted.

King Felix
08-11-2006, 06:41 PM
oops i only voted for halo2 i didnt know it was 2 diff ones sorry

JuanchoColombia
08-12-2006, 02:19 PM
I only voted for Halo 2 for FPS, I haven't played any of the MMO ones

Phinz420
08-12-2006, 06:52 PM
We all know whos going to win the MMO part, but I would just like to add this. If you havnt played EQ2 and you truly think that WoW has better gameplay, your fooling yourselves worse than everyone else. :tongue:

That said, I think WoW has done a tremendous job at making a basic MMO that millions of gamers have access to. They took the principles of EQ1 and made it into its own franchise which has taken off like no other game of its kind before.

Unfortunatly for myself I started playing EQ1 back in '99 so when WoW came around it really did not offer me anything new. I thought EQ2 was one of the worst MMOs I had ever played(when it launched). I came back to EQ2 in February after a major gameplay patch was added and the game feels completly different now.

Now that WoW has made its mark in a new genre for Blizzard(which I am a big fan of Bliz) I expect great things from their next MMORPG whenever it may be. I truly think that the next step for them would be to creat a MMO that has more gameplay depth to it than any previous competition.

But for now, I guess well have to put up with a half assed gimmick expansions for WoW and EQ2 while we patiently wait to see what new games come out to compete for our monthly fee.

Dolfan984
08-12-2006, 07:08 PM
We all know whos going to win the MMO part, but I would just like to add this. If you havnt played EQ2 and you truly think that WoW has better gameplay, your fooling yourselves worse than everyone else. :tongue:

That said, I think WoW has done a tremendous job at making a basic MMO that millions of gamers have access to. They took the principles of EQ1 and made it into its own franchise which has taken off like no other game of its kind before.

Unfortunatly for myself I started playing EQ1 back in '99 so when WoW came around it really did not offer me anything new. I thought EQ2 was one of the worst MMOs I had ever played(when it launched). I came back to EQ2 in February after a major gameplay patch was added and the game feels completly different now.

Now that WoW has made its mark in a new genre for Blizzard(which I am a big fan of Bliz) I expect great things from their next MMORPG whenever it may be. I truly think that the next step for them would be to creat a MMO that has more gameplay depth to it than any previous competition.

But for now, I guess well have to put up with a half assed gimmick expansions for WoW and EQ2 while we patiently wait to see what new games come out to compete for our monthly fee.

EQ2 blows WoW out of the water IMO. It's not even close, and yes I've played both.

Hmm 10 classes or 20+? 8 races or 16? EQ2 also has about 3 times the size of the world, the tradeskilling is done way better, and other than Warsong Gulch (which rocks) EQ2 has it one just about anything else.

Put it like this, if you had a choice to choose between

Mage
Warlock
Warrior
Rogue
Hunter
Druid
Shaman
Paladin
Priest

or

Guardian
Beserker
Paladin
Shadow Knight
Fury
Inquisitor
Dirge
Templar
Warden
Bruiser
Brigand
Mystic
Monk
Defiler
Troubador
Ranger
Swashbuckler
Assasin
Corcerer
Illusionist
Wizard
Warlock
Conjuror
Necromancer

Tell me what you think sounds better and more diverse.

Mike13
08-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Halo 2