PDA

View Full Version : Vick Set to Slash into NT Position Next

Bpk
08-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Interviewed in the Newport News local paper, Marcus Vick has indicated that Dom Capers and Mike Mularkey have been discussing the option of having Vick work in as a Nose Tackle in Dom Capers' 3-4 system. Here is the article:

"Coach Capers has said he has faith in my athletic ability." Vick told the reporter. Vick has been given a defensive playbook, but there are still some concerns about his weight and strength.

"Man, people been telling me I couldn't do this, I couldn't do that since I was at Warwick. I always prove them wrong." Vick has been working with John Gamble, the Dolphins former Stength and Conditioning Coach (now Dolphins Director of Player Development) and Bert Hill to design a program that will "Jack me up." says Vick with a sly grin.

Part of that program, apparently, will include some time on the West Coast during Dolphins off days. Serious about packing on some beef, Vick will be working with Charles Poliquin, David Poston's former trainer, and Kevin Donnally, a former Dolphins Offensive Lineman. "Nutrition is important", Poliquin said in a phone interview, "and Marcus will be staying at a teammate's house out here while we get him ready for the Nose Tackle spot." Poliquin and Vick have arranged for Marcus to stay with Mr. and Mrs. Wright, parents of Manuel Wright, a Dolphin teammate. Mrs. Wright's task will be to give Marcus the home cooking to support the strenuous regimen Poliquin, Gamble and Hill have designed.

"Oh yeah!" laughed Vick, "I've heard a lot about Mama's food, man. I can't wait to dig in. That's my kind of training camp." On days when Marcus is in South Florida, which should be the majority of the time through training camp, meals will be flown in daily straight from Mother Wright's oven.

Donnally will be consulting with Vick on using the best nutritional supplements to support his goal. Vick says he intends to be ninety pounds heavier by the beginning of the season with no loss of speed, and only minor side effects.
While the Dolphins have remained Mum about the interview, and no one in the Dolphins organization would speak about the rumoured plan, one person, at least is speaking.

"There's nothing I can't do. QB, Wide Receiver, Punt return. I said, 'Marcus, why can't you be the next great NFL Nose Tackle too?'. Beleive me, Newport News and Dolphins fans better get ready to see something crazy at Nose Tackle this season, cause this gravy train is leaving the station!"

Okay, for those who haven't already guessed, all of the preceding article was a put-on. Marcus Vick never said those things, nor are the Dolphins, nor any of their staff, nor Manny Wright's family, nor Charles Poliquin doing any of the things mentioned above. It is all fictitious and said in jest. Please do NOT repost this "article" without including this disclaimer.
Thank you. Hope you had a chuckle.

JPenedo
08-11-2006, 08:25 PM
No clue why you posted a fake article. I dont even see how its that funny.

Se7eN
08-11-2006, 08:27 PM
:confused: ummmm

finz72
08-11-2006, 08:27 PM
i liked it it had me going for a short minute

indifin
08-11-2006, 11:37 PM
:shakeno:
Interviewed in the Newport News local paper, Marcus Vick has indicated that Dom Capers and Mike Mularkey have been discussing the option of having Vick work in as a Nose Tackle in Dom Capers' 3-4 system. Here is the article:

"Coach Capers has said he has faith in my athletic ability." Vick told the reporter. Vick has been given a defensive playbook, but there are still some concerns about his weight and strength.

"Man, people been telling me I couldn't do this, I couldn't do that since I was at Warwick. I always prove them wrong." Vick has been working with John Gamble, the Dolphins former Stength and Conditioning Coach (now Dolphins Director of Player Development) and Bert Hill to design a program that will "Jack me up." says Vick with a sly grin.

Part of that program, apparently, will include some time on the West Coast during Dolphins off days. Serious about packing on some beef, Vick will be working with Charles Poliquin, David Poston's former trainer, and Kevin Donnally, a former Dolphins Offensive Lineman. "Nutrition is important", Poliquin said in a phone interview, "and Marcus will be staying at a teammate's house out here while we get him ready for the Nose Tackle spot." Poliquin and Vick have arranged for Marcus to stay with Mr. and Mrs. Wright, parents of Manuel Wright, a Dolphin teammate. Mrs. Wright's task will be to give Marcus the home cooking to support the strenuous regimen Poliquin, Gamble and Hill have designed.

"Oh yeah!" laughed Vick, "I've heard a lot about Mama's food, man. I can't wait to dig in. That's my kind of training camp." On days when Marcus is in South Florida, which should be the majority of the time through training camp, meals will be flown in daily straight from Mother Wright's oven.

Donnally will be consulting with Vick on using the best nutritional supplements to support his goal. Vick says he intends to be ninety pounds heavier by the beginning of the season with no loss of speed, and only minor side effects.
While the Dolphins have remained Mum about the interview, and no one in the Dolphins organization would speak about the rumoured plan, one person, at least is speaking.

"There's nothing I can't do. QB, Wide Receiver, Punt return. I said, 'Marcus, why can't you be the next great NFL Nose Tackle too?'. Beleive me, Newport News and Dolphins fans better get ready to see something crazy at Nose Tackle this season, cause this gravy train is leaving the station!"

Okay, for those who haven't already guessed, all of the preceding article was a put-on. Marcus Vick never said those things, nor are the Dolphins, nor any of their staff, nor Manny Wright's family, nor Charles Poliquin doing any of the things mentioned above. It is all fictitious and said in jest. Please do NOT repost this "article" without including this disclaimer.
Thank you. Hope you had a chuckle.

Vertical Limit
08-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Bleh..

greatwade
08-12-2006, 11:04 AM
24/7 crew, ummm don't let this guy get away!

TotoreMexico
08-12-2006, 11:55 AM
24/7 crew, ummm don't let this guy get away!

:horsey:

The Confessor
08-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Even though it was posted by a Spamming troll, I think its kindve funny