PDA

View Full Version : Golden Dome is shining brightly again

BAMAPHIN 22
08-11-2006, 11:39 PM
The spotlight is shining brightly on the Golden Dome again.

An exciting 9-3 season that saw Notre Dame finish in the top 10 for the first time since 1993 brought offseason excitement for the team and its fans.

Since their last game, safety Tom Zbikowski fought at Madison Square Garden, receiver Jeff Samardzija warmed up in the bullpen at Wrigley Field before heading to the minors, and quarterback Brady Quinn was on as many magazine covers as a super model.

With most of its record-breaking offense coming back for another season, there’s talk of the first national championship for the Irish since 1988, and of Quinn becoming the first Heisman Trophy winner for Notre Dame since receiver Tim Brown in 1987.

High expectations don’t concern second-year coach Charlie Weis, who helped guide the New England Patriots to three Super Bowl titles in four seasons before arriving in South Bend. He always has high expectations.

He worries, though, that the Irish will get caught up in the praise and hype surrounding the program.

“I think just human nature is to get caught up in that,” he said.

He saw it with the New York Jets, when they followed a 12-4 season in 1998 with an 8-8 finish the next. He saw it happen twice at New England, including when the Patriots followed their Super Bowl title in 2001 by missing the playoffs the next season.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14307580/from/RS.5/

DonShula84
08-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Im really nervous for the start of this season. Im used to not having any expectations other then to not be very good. I just dont want to be horribly disappointed.

Mike13
08-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Im really nervous for the start of this season. Im used to not having any expectations other then to not be very good. I just dont want to be horribly disappointed.

:lol:

Mike13
08-13-2006, 12:32 AM
ND will kick *** this year though.