PDA

View Full Version : Bush, Young making debuts on same field

BAMAPHIN 22
08-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Sorry Sean Payton. Your head coaching debut with the New Orleans Saints will be a little overshadowed by a Southern California/Rose Bowl mini-reunion featuring Reggie Bush, LenDale White and Vince Young.

Thanks to the preseason schedule, two of the first three picks in the April draft are making their own NFL debuts Saturday night when Bush and the Saints play their exhibition opener against Young and the Tennessee Titans.

“This is the next level,” Bush said. “It’s something we’ve all dreamed of as kids. It’s something we wanted to grow up to be. So now we’re getting our chance to do that, and we’re happy to be here.”

This exhibition features a lot of new faces in new places or positions.
Drew Brees will start his first game for the Saints after leaving San Diego as a free agent, and Payton said the quarterback coming off shoulder surgery should play the first quarter. His line will be missing guards Montrae Holland and Jermane Mayberry with Jammal Brown debuting at left tackle.

The Titans also have a pair of new offensive tackles with Michael Roos replacing retired Brad Hopkins and Jacob Bell and David Stewart auditioning at right tackle.

Deuce McAllister, coming off knee surgery, won’t be playing for the Saints.
That means Bush, the No. 2 pick overall and the Heisman Trophy winner who shared the backfield at Southern California with White, likely will be the first of the trio on the field.

Titans coach Jeff Fisher, a USC grad himself, is curious to watch Bush in person because he expects a good challenge for a Tennessee defense featuring new outside linebacker David Thornton and safety Chris Hope.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14307751/

Majpain
08-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Cool tobad its not being shown :fire:

Vertical Limit
08-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Reggie Bush - Rushing: 6 attempts; 59 yards yards; 44 long (that 44 yarder must have been an exciting explosion to watch)

Vince Young - Passing: 1/4; 14 yards

LightsOut
08-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Reggie Bush - Rushing: 6 attempts; 59 yards yards; 44 long (that 44 yarder must have been an exciting explosion to watch)

he started left, cut right all the way across the field and got to the corner. if devery henderson stays on his block instead of falling down he would have scored.

LightsOut
08-12-2006, 10:00 PM
vince just threw a perfect bomb to roydell williams but he dropped it.

LightsOut
08-12-2006, 10:25 PM
adrian mcpherson got ran over by the mascot cart on the sidelines. out of the game. no joke.

BAMAPHIN 22
08-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Bush impressive in debut with Saints

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/08/060812_bush_vmed_8pwidec-1.jpg (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14324250/displaymode/1176/rstry/14322806/)

Of all the problems the New Orleans Saints have faced in the past year, no one could have imagined their woes would be compounded by a reckless driving mascot.

“T-Rac,” the Tennessee Titans’ raccoon-like mascot, hit Saints quarterback Adrian McPherson with a golf cart as he walked onto the field for the second half Saturday night, bruising him and knocking him out of New Orleans’ 19-16 victory in the teams’ exhibition opener.

“He got run over by the mascot,” coach Sean Payton said. “I don’t know what to do. We’ve got to play the Titans. The mascots and all the other stuff going on, it’s crazy.”

The good news for New Orleans: Reggie Bush needed all of two carries to show why New Orleans took him with the second pick overall.

On his second carry, the Heisman Trophy winner was stopped behind the line while going to his left, but bounced out, turned right and zoomed past two Titans up the sideline for 44 yards to the Tennessee 24. He finished with 59 yards on six carries.

“He can bring big plays, and he had a couple of nice runs,” Payton said.
Payton said McPherson, who was attended by a trainer on the sideline before walking off to the locker room, had a bruise. He did not say where the quarterback — fourth on the Saints’ depth chart — was hurt.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14322806/

unifiedtheory
08-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Bush looked great.

Young looked like what he is...a guy who runs around and has zero concept of the passing game. Anyone thinking this guy will come in THIS YEAR and make an impact as a Q.B. knows nothing about the sport. Norm Chow and Fisher have a lot of work to do with the guy.

I'm one of the one's who thinks the guy has no chance as a QB in the NFL anyway so my opinion is unobjective.

Alex44
08-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Bush looked great.

Young looked like what he is...a guy who runs around and has zero concept of the passing game. Anyone thinking this guy will come in THIS YEAR and make an impact as a Q.B. knows nothing about the sport. Norm Chow and Fisher have a lot of work to do with the guy.

I'm one of the one's who thinks the guy has no chance as a QB in the NFL anyway so my opinion is unobjective.

Actually that would mean your opinion would be objective to the side where you dont think he can play

Someone who is nonobjective would be someone who doesnt care whether he has an impact or not (and that isnt me either because he WILL be a star)

LightsOut
08-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Bush looked great.

he had a bomb dropped and another big play called back. he made some good throws. he looked fine for a rookie.

Vertical Limit
08-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Reggie Bush says he felt anxious, I think that 44 long woke up some of his nerves. He still treats the field like his own playground.

Watch out NFC South.

unifiedtheory
08-13-2006, 09:21 PM
Actually that would mean your opinion would be objective to the side where you dont think he can play

Someone who is nonobjective would be someone who doesnt care whether he has an impact or not (and that isnt me either because he WILL be a star)
Keep the name-calling to yourself. Please.

finfansince72
08-14-2006, 01:22 AM
The Texans are going to have to answer questions about why they didnt take this guy forever. Bush will have his share of bad games but he will bring fans into the seats and make huge plays that win games. Stupid to pass on someone that can help you on Special Teams, in the passing game and running game instantly. Dumb.
Young still has that awkward release, but as was stated earlier he threw a bomb perfectly on target and it was dropped. He can run in the NFL, if he learns how to pass even just effectively he can be a great player. He has the arm even if his release is awkward. He has the size and the arm strength, still remains to be seen if he has the head.

zachequalsgod
08-14-2006, 02:36 AM
How did LenDale White look?

Perfect23
08-14-2006, 02:49 AM
Bush tore it up houston is gonna regret not taking him they take mario williams:sidelol:

dolfangravy
08-14-2006, 03:53 AM
Bush looked great.

I'm one of the one's who thinks the guy has no chance as a QB in the NFL anyway so my opinion is unobjective.if he was a guy runnin around wit no concept of the passin game i dont think they would have drafted him as high as they did

finfansince72
08-14-2006, 05:11 AM
How did LenDale White look?

Didnt play because of spitting in that guys face as far as I know.

DolfanGermany
08-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Reggie Bush says he felt anxious, I think that 44 long woke up some of his nerves. He still treats the field like his own playground.

Watch out NFC South.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
looks good to me. The guy can move. Titans D looks really slow, though. OK, probably because he's so fast. I'm excited to see him play against the strong Bucs Run-Defense. Think he'll get stuffed in those two games.

Prophet
08-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Wow. He will be fun to watch.

Motion
08-14-2006, 09:30 AM
if he was a guy runnin around wit no concept of the passin game i dont think they would have drafted him as high as they did

:lol: Where he was drafted means ABSOLUTELY nothing! He did look lost out there. The coaching staff apparently has also done ABSOLUTELY nothing to correct his horrible mechanics either.

@@@
08-14-2006, 09:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt0cSR-p2yo heres a you tube of it (Bush, not Mcpherson being nailed by t-rac :lol: )