PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 2007 information hub

HysterikiLL
08-12-2006, 09:00 PM
http://sports.ign.com/articles/725/725317p1.html - Surprise move - Ronaldinho gets the cover again.

On top of this, the game's engine has also undergone a complete overhaul. According to EA, the computer AI has been significantly improved which will force players to employ real-world tactics in order to win matches. Additionally, the world's superstar soccer players will each feature their own signature moves and authentic playing styles. The shooting mechanic for the game has also been substantially altered so that the player has greater control over the accuracy of his shots.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/724/724000p1.html

Shooting has been tweaked. The basic shot mechanic is still in place, but you can also press a "skill shot" button to try and bend one in or apply the aforementioned top and back spin, but we didn't have much luck with it. Then again, we only had about 20 minutes of gameplay time, but we like the potential of the skill shot, especially after seeing some of the ridiculous moves pulled off in the Cup. Soccer games need some more advanced moves to catch up with real life, moves that are more than just canned animations, and we'll see if the skill shot can pull it off.

Kev83
08-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Fifa is decent and all, but I have found Winning Eleven to be more realistic and a much better game. I might give Fifa 2007 a shot...at least a rent.

Prime Time
08-13-2006, 02:19 AM
WE's gameplay is great but I gave FIFA 06 a chance a couple weeks ago and haven't stopped playing since. The look and authenticity really helps. If WE had that, It would be 100x better.

HysterikiLL
08-13-2006, 02:39 AM
WE's gameplay is great but I gave FIFA 06 a chance a couple weeks ago and haven't stopped playing since. The look and authenticity really helps. If WE had that, It would be 100x better.

The few videos they have on ign are sweet. Passing is much more realistic and it looks a lot similar to winning 11. I think it's moving in that direction - working off of WE's strengths.