PDA

View Full Version : team rate

nick1
08-13-2006, 12:57 AM
this league is alittle different than other leagues, we have no kicker. instead we have a hybrid WR/RB spot, so tell me what you think of my team. I'm weakest at WR

QB - C.Palmer, B.Leftwich
RB - C.Portis, R.Droughns, F.Gore, A.Green
WR - C.Chambers, D.Driver, A.Bryant, K.Johnson, A.Randle El
TE - A.Crumpler, H.Miller

DEF - Baltimore, Philadelphia

GRAPEAPE
08-13-2006, 08:10 AM
looks solid

gBORI305
08-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Just wait for those FA gems at WR. Looks like a 12 team league..Right?

VINsanity10
08-14-2006, 01:48 AM
portis is hurt your screwed man

VINsanity10
08-14-2006, 01:49 AM
otherwise solid

Philter25
08-14-2006, 09:07 AM
this league is alittle different than other leagues, we have no kicker. instead we have a hybrid WR/RB spot, so tell me what you think of my team. I'm weakest at WR

QB - C.Palmer, B.Leftwich
RB - C.Portis, R.Droughns, F.Gore, A.Green
WR - C.Chambers, D.Driver, A.Bryant, K.Johnson, A.Randle El
TE - A.Crumpler, H.Miller

DEF - Baltimore, Philadelphia

You need serious help at the RB position if you start 2 RBs and a WR/RB.

nick1
08-14-2006, 10:01 AM
You need serious help at the RB position if you start 2 RBs and a WR/RB.
I figure Gore is going to be a star this year, he has already beatin Barlow for the starting job. Green could be good, coming off of that injury it's a toss up with him. I just picked up Betts, Portis back-up. Portis won't be out long

fins5423
08-14-2006, 12:53 PM
I figure Gore is going to be a star this year, he has already beatin Barlow for the starting job. Green could be good, coming off of that injury it's a toss up with him. I just picked up Betts, Portis back-up. Portis won't be out long

Beating Kevin Barlow for the #1 spot really isnt saying much.....Barlow sucks no matter what...I would give you a 7/10...the RB postion is weak and so is the WR postion...Donald Driver pretty much sucks.

nick1
08-14-2006, 02:37 PM
I don't see why my RBs are weak. Portis always rushes for 1400-1500 yards and will only miss 4 weeks tops and we still have 3 more weeks in pre-season. Droughns is a very consistent back who will definitely put up 1000+ yards. Gore is a rising star who will top 1200 yards rushing. if Green returns to form he could easily put up 1200 yards rushing.

as for my WRs yes Driver isn't the best but he is Farve's favorite target and will catch for 1100 yards at least

Jaj
08-14-2006, 02:53 PM
I don't see why my RBs are weak. Portis always rushes for 1400-1500 yards and will only miss 4 weeks tops and we still have 3 more weeks in pre-season. Droughns is a very consistent back who will definitely put up 1000+ yards. Gore is a rising star who will top 1200 yards rushing. if Green returns to form he could easily put up 1200 yards rushing.

as for my WRs yes Driver isn't the best but he is Farve's favorite target and will catch for 1100 yards at least

Those are high expectations. Gore might not get enough carries to do that and won't necessarily put up the TDs. You just don't know with him. Those guys are bonuses, guys you pick up for the boom potential not bank on. Droughns is a decent #2 back, great #3. Don't bank on Green either.

My best suggestion is actually selling off Alge Crumpler to the guy with the worst starting TE (the guy who is starting Ben Watson, Wiggins, Stevens or Clark). Yes it's a risk but Heath MIller is a strong red-zone presence and if it can get you that solid #2 RB, your back in business. I'd suggest waiting on Frank Gore after his game against Arizona to get the best value possible.

nick1
08-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Those are high expectations. Gore might not get enough carries to do that and won't necessarily put up the TDs. You just don't know with him. Those guys are bonuses, guys you pick up for the boom potential not bank on. Droughns is a decent #2 back, great #3. Don't bank on Green either.

My best suggestion is actually selling off Alge Crumpler to the guy with the worst starting TE (the guy who is starting Ben Watson, Wiggins, Stevens or Clark). Yes it's a risk but Heath MIller is a strong red-zone presence and if it can get you that solid #2 RB, your back in business. I'd suggest waiting on Frank Gore after his game against Arizona to get the best value possible.
but I would need to make it a fair trade for him to do it. everybody in the league is pretty smart, I know all of them personally.

I think this is close to even, what do you think?

A.Crumpler
A.Green

for

W.McGahee
J.Klopenstein

Mile High Fin
08-14-2006, 03:56 PM
It amazes me how people can say you look "good" or "suck" or whatever, WHEN THEY DON'T KNOW HOW BIG THE LEAGUE IS...

How many teams in your league????

You're awesome for a 16-team league...
You're pretty good for a 12-team league....
You're below average in a 10-team league.

You definitely have some questions:
How good will Gore be? How many TDs?
Can A.Green come back?
Will C.Palmer be 100%?
Droughns is OK... An average #2RB
Will D.Driver have a great year? (The new offensive system spreads the ball A LOT).

But if most of those questions work out, your team is good.

nick1
08-14-2006, 04:02 PM
It amazes me how people can say you look "good" or "suck" or whatever, WHEN THEY DON'T KNOW HOW BIG THE LEAGUE IS...

How many teams in your league????

You're awesome for a 16-team league...
You're pretty good for a 12-team league....
You're below average in a 10-team league.

You definitely have some questions:
How good will Gore be? How many TDs?
Can A.Green come back?
Will C.Palmer be 100%?
Droughns is OK... An average #2RB
Will D.Driver have a great year? (The new offensive system spreads the ball A LOT).

But if most of those questions work out, your team is good.
only a ten team league but the thing about it is our commish made it so that every position puts up about the same amount of points.

example:

2 points per reception
1 point per 5 receiving yards
1 point per 2 pass completions
1 point every 10 pass yards
all TDs are 7 points
no negative points

Mile High Fin
08-14-2006, 04:11 PM
only a ten team league but the thing about it is our commish made it so that every position puts up about the same amount of points.

example:

2 points per reception
1 point per 5 receiving yards
1 point per 2 pass completions
1 point every 10 pass yards
all TDs are 7 points
no negative points

Thanks for the info.
Maybe I was a bit harsh when I said you're probably "below average" for a 10-team league.
I'd say you're probably about average...
I'd predict a .500 record for you.... A solid team, but maybe not top-3...
I'd guess 4th-6th place out of 10.

Of course, this is just prediction....
If Droughns has a breakout year, D.Driver surprises, Portis is a Top-5 RB, etc, or just get "lucky" and win some close games, you could do better.
Good luck.
:cooldude: