PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Dead Rising is freakishly hard

N-A
08-13-2006, 02:16 AM
You get ONE SAVE SLOT and every mission is timed so if you save in a situation where you can't finish a mission (or "case" as the game calls it) you can't finish the game and have to start over.

That said, it's fun as hell, has great cinematics and a decent story. For a game centered around killing as many zombies as possible, it's amazing how much it makes you use your mind. You start out really weak and build up skills as you go through the game. You'll never get to the the top level in one play through. Luckily your skills carry over from one game to the next.

If you like old-school style gaming that's fun but so mind-boggingly frustrating at times that you're yelling at the tv and shutting the game off only to come back to it ten minutes later, give this one a try. I didn't think I was one of those gamers until I played this game but I guess I am.

*Mild Spoilers follow*

My favorite boss death was easily Adam the Clown's. There are a few that came close but that one had me laughing at first, then actually feeling sorry for the poor freak, then wondering where the hell the story was going to take me from there.

*End Spoilers*

If you can tough it out, it's a great game. Buy it if you're looking for something to spend your money on between now and Madden.