PDA

View Full Version : Solved: 'hacking' Oxm Demo Discs

JPhinfan86
08-13-2006, 04:40 AM
I posted about a week ago asking if anyone knew how exactly to hack the Official Xbox Magazine Demo Discs but I recieved no help. Eventually after tooling around I found out that while holding Left Trigger, pressing buttons didn't register as an input. Pretty soon I realized that I pressed a button while holding Left Trigger and the controller began an EXTREMELY small vibration. I went with this and soon discovered that if you follow the sequence right for long enough, you'll automatically launch a hidden demo....an easter egg.

Some of the Demo covers tell you there is something and challenge you to find it. Well I did, on three so far.

Here you go:

REMEMBER HOLD LEFT TRIGGER TO INPUT EACH SEQUENCE FROM THE DISC'S MAIN MENU. Every one of them is a trial and error situation but these I've already suffered through. Also, a big reminder: Sometimes the D-Pad inputs can be tricky, try as hard as you can to push them straight down...no angles. :up:

MARCH 2005 - Disc # 42 (Featuring a Demo of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory):

While holding Left Trigger: Press Black, Back, A, D-Pad Left, A, D-Pad Right, D-Pad Down, B, A, D-Pad Right, B, D-Pad Up, B, B, A, Start, and then Black button. The hidden demo is a music mixer and will automatically launch itself.

APRIL 2005 - Disc #43 (Featuring a Jade Empire Demo):
While holding Left Trigger: Press A, A, A, B, B, B, D-Pad Up, D-Pad Left, D-Pad Right, D-Pad Down, D-Pad Up, D-Pad Left, D-Pad, Right, D-Pad Down, Back, Back. The Demo "Tron 2.0 Killer App" based on the '80's movie will automatically launch.

MAY 2005 - Disc #44 (Featuring a Doom 3 Demo):

While holding Left Trigger: Press A, B, D-Pad Down, Back, D-Pad Up, D-Pad Left, D-Pad Right, Start, X, Black, Y, White. The Demo "Constantine" will automatically launch.

Each of the demos I've listed say right on the cover that there is an egg to find. Example: The cover of the Doom 3 Demo says "FIND! A HIDDEN DEMO FROM THE DEPTHS OF HELL!". Well it is a vague clue as to what the egg contains: A demo of the movie-game Constantine.