PDA

View Full Version : Replaying Kotor 2.

Majpain
08-13-2006, 11:41 PM
God I just remembered how great this game was.I wanted to get Kotor 1 about 8 months ago but got this instead and played it twice threw.Anyone else like the Kotor series?

mor911
08-14-2006, 12:06 AM
The Kotor series is amongst The Mor's favorite RPG series of all time. LOVE THEM.

Kotor 1 > Kotor 2 imo. But both are phenomenal games. Coming up next, the folks who brought us Kotor brings us Mass Effect :D

JuanchoColombia
08-14-2006, 12:11 AM
I like em a lot. i finished the first one (which is better imo) but in the second one i couldn't defeat Vrook, i didn't have any lightsaber or good weapons because i went there too early, without a good exp level.:fire:

@@@
08-14-2006, 06:10 AM
I only wish KOTOR had the full length robes of 2 and a few other minor features, in some was i was disapointed with 2, loved stuff like making you party Jedi's but thought the overall storyline was a little weak. Still 2 of my favorite games

Caps
08-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Loved KOTOR, liked KOTOR 2 but not as much as the original. The story was weaker in the 2nd which is what held it back IMO, and I didn't like SPOILER that Darth Revan just disappeared out of nowhere, I was looking forward to seeing what became of him END SPOILER.

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-14-2006, 01:48 PM
It is my opinion that KotOR 1 is one of the best games I have every played. It was fun and the story was amazing.

KotOR 2 would of been just as fun and good as KotOR 1 if they had 6 months or a year to release the game. Unforunately LucasArts was more worried about cashing in on the success of KotOR 1 then to try make a quality game and make money on the fact that the money is quality. Hopefully they will not make the mistake for the third on.

I read this article at some tech magazine about the mistakes Obsidion made with the 2nd KotOR. Just reading that alone made me think how amazing this game would be if they just had more time to get everything in they wanted. In fact the entire ending would of actually been played out instead of being told to you.

Majpain
08-14-2006, 01:59 PM
See the problem I have with kotor 2 is the storyline.To many plot holes and the ending blows.I might pick up kotor 1 but I'm not sure.

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-14-2006, 02:10 PM
See the problem I have with kotor 2 is the storyline.To many plot holes and the ending blows.I might pick up kotor 1 but I'm not sure.

I actually liked the story line for the first 20 hours or so and then it totally falls apart.

They only had one year to not only improve on the first game, they also had to make a story from scratch and to make it just as interesting as the first game. They ran into a lot of problems such as some ambient sounds would cause a cut scene to crash. Which actually made it so they had to cut some cut scenes due to crashes they just didn't have time to fix. They even had to cut out a part where you would have to go to the Assasination Robot factory homeworld, which would of been fun in my opinion.

If you never played Kotor 1, then you are totally missing out

Majpain
08-14-2006, 02:15 PM
I knnow like I said I was in need of a star wars fix and I saw that it was for 20 bucks so I went to unrealible Best Buy and come to find out that its sold out.So I spent 50 on Kotor2.I'll probably pick up the first kotor maybe when it comes down in price ;)

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-14-2006, 04:53 PM
I knnow like I said I was in need of a star wars fix and I saw that it was for 20 bucks so I went to unrealible Best Buy and come to find out that its sold out.So I spent 50 on Kotor2.I'll probably pick up the first kotor maybe when it comes down in price ;)

Well if you play Kotor 1 try to level up as little as possible until you become a Jedi. The level cap is 20, so if you level up to 10 before jedi you can only level up to 10 as a jedi.

One thing that was a little better in KotOR 1 is less of a god feeling. KotOR 2 was pathetic in the sense on how freaking godlike I was. Just walk into a room and lightning everyone, and then walk into the next room and lightning everyone. Man so much wasted potential. I hope they remake KotOR 2. I know they never will, but one can dream.

Majpain
08-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Nvm fixed the problem.My movie file was renamed and had to change that.Do you guys add extra stuff to your game?Like Robes,Lightsabers and what not?

Majpain
08-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Well I beat it again, I have to say I am satisfied with the ending. The true ending was after the final battle where you get to ask questions on what happens to your companions and the planets. Now I want a sequel! Btw I dont know what happend but it was allot easier this time around. 1 flurry on Sion brought him down. Then with the final battle 2-3 flurrys ended it. I was doing around a total of 350+ with improved flurry. The first play threw was a ***** I had a much harder time. I never did that much damg before.

Regan21286
08-22-2006, 06:23 PM
I loved Kotor, though I prefer the first to the second. The second had way too many glitches especially for PC. I only replayed Kotor II on the X-Box because the PC version was driving me insane.