PDA

View Full Version : Espn Page 2 Fantasy winner's circle

Majpain
08-14-2006, 03:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060814&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos2

Oh man this is great.

Majpain
08-14-2006, 04:00 PM
My Favs

1. Joey Harrington, QB, MIA -- You just took one of the worst quarterbacks in football with your first pick. The other team owners in your league will laugh at you. Mock you. Call you stupid. But you'll just sit there in silence, staring straight ahead with a subtle but confident grin on your face. And soon they won't know how to react. Why are you smiling like that? Why aren't you responding to their taunts? Do you know something they don't? Is Harrington getting the starting job in Miami over Daunte Culpepper? Is Miami coach Nick Saban installing a pass-happy offense? Are they woefully unprepared for the draft? Congratulations. With one pick you've taken total control of the entire draft. Now they are all putty in your hands.

5. Donovan McNabb, QB, PHI -- On the Eagles he has absolutely no one to throw to. But on your fantasy team there will be a bevy of talented receivers. That's called beating the system, ladies and gentlemen. (I can't believe I'm giving away these kinds of tips for free.)

6. Alex Smith, QB, SF -- Most people see having two elite quarterbacks on their fantasy team as a helpful luxury. But I hate it. I never know who I should start each week, and I always end up disappointed when my backup inevitably outpoints my starter. So pick Alex Smith for peace of mind. He'll never make you regret not starting him.

7. Michael Vick, ATL -- You want to stock up on running backs early. And Michael Vick could be a great running back.

9. Jon Kitna, QB, DET -- Sure, Kitna is not an accurate passer. But Detroit's receivers run very imprecise routes. The combination could results in tons of coincidental completions.

11. Randy Moss, WR, OAK -- Moss is the best in the game at pulling down jump balls in the corner of the end zone. So expect a big year from him because every pass Aaron Brooks throws is like a jump ball.

20. Chris Perry, RB, CIN -- Fantasy team owners have long picked Fred Taylor's backup in Jacksonville so they can play him when Taylor inevitably goes down with an injury. The thinking is the same here. You want Chris Perry so you can play him if Bengals starter Rudi Johnson hangs out with his teammates and gets arrested.
21. Bam Morris, RB -- And then, once it's Perry's turn to go to jail, you'll want to have Morris waiting in the wings since he's the kind of character guy the Bengals would likely pick up to fill their hole in the backfield.

The best one

17. Willis McGahee, RB, BUF -- Willis McGahee has said in the past that he's the best running back in the NFL. Now I can't say for sure if that's true because I've rarely seen the Bills play since they're never on national television due to being awful -- which is thanks, in part, to having a wildly underperforming starting running back. So I'll just have to take this McGahee fellow at his word and pick him high.

like2god
08-14-2006, 04:05 PM
6. Alex Smith, QB, SF -- Most people see having two elite quarterbacks on their fantasy team as a helpful luxury. But I hate it. I never know who I should start each week, and I always end up disappointed when my backup inevitably outpoints my starter. So pick Alex Smith for peace of mind. He'll never make you regret not starting him.

9. Jon Kitna, QB, DET -- Sure, Kitna is not an accurate passer. But Detroit's receivers run very imprecise routes. The combination could results in tons of coincidental completions.

11. Randy Moss, WR, OAK -- Moss is the best in the game at pulling down jump balls in the corner of the end zone. So expect a big year from him because every pass Aaron Brooks throws is like a jump ball.

21. Bam Morris, RB -- And then, once it's Perry's turn to go to jail, you'll want to have Morris waiting in the wings since he's the kind of character guy the Bengals would likely pick up to fill their hole in the backfield.

The best one

:lol:

17. Willis McGahee, RB, BUF -- Willis McGahee has said in the past that he's the best running back in the NFL. Now I can't say for sure if that's true because I've rarely seen the Bills play since they're never on national television due to being awful -- which is thanks, in part, to having a wildly underperforming starting running back. So I'll just have to take this McGahee fellow at his word and pick him high.

:shakeno:

He is on my FF team

:tantrum: :(

Alex44
08-14-2006, 04:06 PM
This one is definitly my favorite :lol:

13. Steven Jackson, RB, STL -- Reports out of camp say the Rams are trying out this crazy new play where the quarterback takes the snap from center, turns sideways and places the ball into the arms of the running back, who then proceeds to run forward with the ball down the field through holes that his linemen create for him by blocking the onrushing opponent. It's apparently pretty revolutionary or, at the very least, something that hasn't been seen in St. Louis since way back before Mike Martz arrived. Anyway, Steven Jackson is supposed to be the focal point of the play, so he's worth a pick.

EBMisfit
08-14-2006, 05:43 PM
I can't do fantasy football. I'd be too much, "O.k., what Dolphins players are left? What? I can't believe it's the fourth round and no one's picked Sammy Morris yet!"

Majpain
08-14-2006, 06:29 PM
I can't do fantasy football. I'd be too much, "O.k., what Dolphins players are left? What? I can't believe it's the fourth round and no one's picked Sammy Morris yet!"

Lol:lol:.Well just ask people in the fantasy forum for tips.Then after 2-3 drafts you will see what each value is for each player.

Dolphin1184
08-14-2006, 06:58 PM
23. Maurice Clarett, RB -- It's very unlikely he'll see an NFL field this season or any other season, but since you're already stocked at running back by now it's worth taking a flier on Clarett just for fun. He's so desperate for a job in football -- he was planning to play for the Mahoning Valley Hitmen of the Eastern Indoor Football League before his recent arrest -- he'll probably agree to show up at your draft if you give him a heads-up that he'll be selected (and if you can help him meet bail). Your friends will think it's pretty cool if you get a former college star to come by the house, making it a draft to remember. Just be sure to have some mace and a stun gun handy if Clarett gets unruly.

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

EBMisfit
08-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Lol:lol:.Well just ask people in the fantasy forum for tips.Then after 2-3 drafts you will see what each value is for each player.That's not the problem. The problem is that I don't care what the value is... I WANT ALL DOLPHINS PLAYERS!

Majpain
08-14-2006, 07:53 PM
That's not the problem. The problem is that I don't care what the value is... I WANT ALL DOLPHINS PLAYERS!

Well your better off playing madden :goof:.Seriously though if you want to win games in fantasy dont pick all of 1 team.Try not to take more than 3 players from the same team.

EBMisfit
08-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Well your better off playing madden :goof:I haven't bought a console game since NFL 2K.:goof:

Seriously though if you want to win games in fantasy dont pick all of 1 team.Try not to take more than 3 players from the same team.That's my whole point... I wouldn't care whether I won games or not... just as long as I had all the Dolphins players.

Majpain
08-14-2006, 09:18 PM
I haven't bought a console game since NFL 2K.:goof:

That's my whole point... I wouldn't care whether I won games or not... just as long as I had all the Dolphins players.

Well draft

1st.Brown
2nd.Chambers
3rd.Cpep
4th.Mcmike.

Thats possible.