PDA

View Full Version : Ok. Mike Bell or Ladell Betts.

BrazForPhins
08-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Let's suppose you have 4 RB's in your Fantasy team, and 4th is garbage. You're number 1 on waivers, who would pick up to drop this 4th RB?

Mike Bell (DEN) or Ladell Betts (WAS)

I tried both in every league I'm in :D but if I have to pick one of them, I'm tempted to try Bell. Denver has been a RB producer machine, I don't think it would be asking too much, to make another one.

Betts is a good option, but if Portis gets healthy faster than expected you wasted a spot. Of course there's a chance of Portis staying off for more than a month from now, or 2 months..but I still like Bell odds better.

Jaj
08-14-2006, 07:27 PM
I actually went and grabbed Greg Jones because I have a feeling he'll get a good 250-275 carries this season and half of the team's rushing TDs, which should amount to a solid 1000-1100 yards and 9 TDs. Use him against weak run defenses and he should be a very good #3 for you.

Alex44
08-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Neither of those guys can be any better than the 4th you are dropping IMO

Maybe you could pick up a guy like Reggie Bush who will get recieving and rushing yards and is fine for a #4 (Reggie went undrafted in my league :lol:)

BrazForPhins
08-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Guys you're not helping the thread. LOL. I just wanna know what's the better pick between THESE 2 guys.

Let me reformulate the question. :tongue:

If you had 3 RB, and wanted 1 more...and THE 2 LAST guys available were Mike Bell and Ladell Betts, who would you pick?

Kdawg954
08-15-2006, 12:42 AM
We trying to help u by saying if u are number 1 in waivers, why blow that on one of those guys. Who is your 4th guy? I mean unless its Travis Minor lol or somebody who is a 3rd string guy, they would be just as good as one of the dudes u trying to get. I mean I wouldn't blow my waiver status for that. I would wait until I really needed to pick somebody up off of waivers or wait til they clear waivers, maybe nobody wants them anyways. Iono who I would choose tho, I would hope not to be in that predicument . . I guess Betts.

BDC87
08-15-2006, 01:22 AM
Bell<Betts

Jaj
08-15-2006, 01:53 AM
Basically just get somebody from free agency. A Frank Gore, a Greg Jones. Pick up somebody who's a wildcard.

fins5423
08-15-2006, 08:41 AM
Mike Bell or ladell betts?

hmmmmmm....neither

NYinBostonFin
08-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Mike Bell has the opportunity to be a 1000 yard rusher this season, but he could also be a flop.
You will know by week 2 if you have a stud or a guy you are asking yourself what was I thinking.

Ladell Betts should see a lot of carries this year after the Portis injury. His arm can be dislocated easily any week he's hit. but he wont be a monster either.

Personally I would go with Mike Bell, just bc he has the potential to be very productive all year ala willie parker last year, and reuben droughns the year before. Denvers system is good at taking ok rb's and turning them into studs.

Betts will get carries but if portis is out for a significant amount of time, snyder is likely to look trade, Killing betts stock

BrazForPhins
08-15-2006, 12:38 PM
In a 10 man league, or 12 man, sure you can get better value than these guys.
But in a 14 man league you might find only completely garbage as free agents. In a 14 man league I'm in, all these guys you mentioned above are not free agents (Greg jones, Bush, Gore)...There's only garbage left.

I agree with ya about Snyder trading for a RB, if Portis has a considerable amount of time out, which would kill Betts stock

BrazForPhins
08-15-2006, 12:40 PM
We trying to help u by saying if u are number 1 in waivers, why blow that on one of those guys. Who is your 4th guy? I mean unless its Travis Minor lol or somebody who is a 3rd string guy, they would be just as good as one of the dudes u trying to get. I mean I wouldn't blow my waiver status for that. I would wait until I really needed to pick somebody up off of waivers or wait til they clear waivers, maybe nobody wants them anyways. Iono who I would choose tho, I would hope not to be in that predicument . . I guess Betts.

that's not the point bro. Just a fiction situation to mean that you'll be able to choose the player you want. whatever man, you know what I meant

mods,can we kill this thread now? :goof:

Kucha
08-15-2006, 03:24 PM
I'd take Bell over Betts, atm with a grain of salt. He's #1 right now and if he holds on to that job, he will post you good numbers in that offense...but your guess is as good as mine re: whether or not he will keep that job.

Jaj
08-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Heh heh, well the interesting thing for me right now is I'm trying to trade for Clinton Portis using simply whatever I can.