PDA

View Full Version : Overrated college teams

VINsanity10
08-15-2006, 08:12 PM
well ive noticed there is a bunch of overrated teams in college football. And I noticed from the other thread by fins5423 that Oklahoma is way overrated. They should not be #1. So heres the list.

Oklahoma (Did you hear abt Rhett Bohmar??)
USC (Probably losing thier hesiman winners made them a lil bit worse)
Texas (Did yall know that Vince Young went pro??)
West Virginia (its WV come on)

and when i say they are overrated i dont mean they should be in the TOP 10 im saying no way they should be #1 when there are alot better teams like Notre Dame, Louisville, Auburn, Ohio State. Thats all im saying. Ive seen Oklahoma #1 alot and the other teams have been way to high.

fins5423
08-15-2006, 08:16 PM
haha your crazy man

Alex44
08-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Texas has 7 returning starters on both offense and defense. And they still have a good backup QB

VINsanity10
08-15-2006, 08:35 PM
dude how do you have 9,000 posts since December of 05'?

thats like 100 a day

Jaydog57
08-15-2006, 08:39 PM

thats like 100 a day
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: Uh, that's a good question:rolleyes:

fins5423
08-15-2006, 09:32 PM

thats like 100 a day

:lol: that is pretty crazy to think about..I joined in December 05 and I thought I posted a lot!

Nappy Roots
08-15-2006, 10:11 PM
i definitly disagree with you about WV...IMO they are going to win the national championship this year...

VINsanity10
08-15-2006, 10:13 PM
you post more in 1 day than i have in one month

like why?

and abt WV i dont think they are THAT good

but they are purdy good

Majpain
08-15-2006, 10:21 PM
FSU,Miami,Gators=over rated.About to get flamed in 5...4...3...2...1.......

Get Up And Go
08-15-2006, 10:32 PM

explain yourself

Nappy Roots
08-15-2006, 10:35 PM
you post more in 1 day than i have in one month

like why?

and abt WV i dont think they are THAT good

but they are purdy good

look at their schedule...they arent going to lose a game...

Nappy Roots
08-15-2006, 10:36 PM
explain yourself

must be one of those that think all FL teams are over rated. but yet when we get in the situation, all the FL teams come through...

VINsanity10
08-15-2006, 10:42 PM
must be one of those that think all FL teams are over rated. but yet when we get in the situation, all the FL teams come through...

the marlins are good your right

Nappy Roots
08-15-2006, 10:46 PM
the marlins are good your right

damn....i dont get it...

i hope that wasnt an attempt at a joke..

Draft Pick
08-15-2006, 10:59 PM
well ive noticed there is a bunch of overrated teams in college football. And I noticed from the other thread by fins5423 that Oklahoma is way overrated. They should not be #1. So heres the list.

and when i say they are overrated i dont mean they should be in the TOP 10 im saying no way they should be #1 when there are alot better teams like Notre Dame, Louisville, Auburn, Ohio State. Thats all im saying. Ive seen Oklahoma #1 alot and the other teams have been way to high.

I agree i was watching ESPN and they said after week 2 of the season Texas would be #1 and USC is #2. Are they crazy!! That Mark May I cant stand him.

PhinFan0202
08-15-2006, 11:35 PM

All the Florida teams consistently do well in college football. I think all the teams made bowl games last year as well.

DonShula84
08-15-2006, 11:39 PM
look at their schedule...they arent going to lose a game...

If anyone else is undefeated the selection committee will take that that schedule into consideration imo

Kev83
08-16-2006, 12:35 AM
At this point, it seems like any and everybody can be claimed as "overrated."

USC - losing many stars to draft
Texas - losing Vince Young
Auburn - losing many of its receivers, star OL, star DL, early suspensions
Florida - Leak grasping the system, tough scheduling
Oklahoma - Bomar out
Ohio St. - Losing many defense starters and Holmes
Notre Dame - Defensive Problems
Miami - The United States judicial system (ok, lol...had to) transfers, suspensions, etc
FSU - program slipping off in past yrs

This could go for any team.
Point is, let's wait a few weeks.

Remember Tennessee last yr? That's bound to happen again.

ZolarZ_GoPhins
08-16-2006, 06:29 AM
The only knock against WVU is the schedule.

They are returning basically the same team as last year. Losing 4 starters on D and both tackles on O. The new starters on D will be faster, the inexperience in our secondary is our weakest area. Both new OT are faster but a tad smaller, which actually fits our O better. New starter at LT is lacking alot of experience.

Team speed is where all the experts said WVU was lacking. That is why Georgia was suppose to win the Sugar Bowl. We showed we had plenty of speed to keep up with them and improved it this year. Biggest problem will be if the Secondary can overcome a lack of starting experience in some areas.

WVU isn't overrated. They aren't ranked #1 in any poll I have seen.
This is a very talented team with 2 players on the Heisman watch list. They have one of the easiest roads to a NC game. That is why they are talked about by some to win the NC. They still haven't been ranked yet in the top 5 in any poll I have seen.

I think they fall somewhere in the #5-#7 range and they deserve that ranking based on last years efforts and returning alot of starters.

Saying an undefeated WVU team doesn't deserve to play for the NC because of the weak schedule is plausable. I could listen to that arguement and would possibly agree with you depending on what other top schools do this year. Overrated.... nope.

Motion
08-16-2006, 08:08 AM

Oklahoma - Bomar out
Miami - The United States judicial system (ok, lol...had to) transfers, suspensions, etc

Definitely tough schedule, one of the toughest if not THE toughest in the nation. But "Leak grasping the system" is definitely not a valid reason, especially given the history of Meyer's coaching career, his QB's always take off in the 2nd year. Not saying Leak will, but he definitely knows the system to a tee now, how well he "runs" it is another story.

Motion
08-16-2006, 08:17 AM

Where are you seeing them #1 besides random posters on here posting their personal top 10? The polls that actually matter don't have OU higher than #5 and that was before Bomar got the boot. USC lost Leinart, Bush, White, etc.. but they always recruit well and have other players ready to step up. Their new QB, Booty, has a MUCH better arm than Leinart did and they have some solid RBs too. Texas might actually be able to run their real offense now that they have a true passing QB and not all that improvising running around crap that VY did. And WVU might actually be one of the most underrated teams, they are a strong team with a very favorable schedule.

Go by the only real poll out so far, not people's personal polls.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=Coaches

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-16-2006, 09:18 AM
by the numbers, UF has the toughest schedule in the nation.

auburn is the most overrated team right now. texas and USC were in the national championship game last year, and they've had top 5 recruiting classes the past 4-5 years, there's no reason to think they'll have a huge drop-off. west virginia is underrated...

fins5423
08-16-2006, 12:29 PM

The Gators have probably the best QB in the SEC

fins5423
08-16-2006, 12:30 PM
WV is OVERRATED!

Teenwolf
08-16-2006, 12:35 PM

AGREED

AirFishOne
08-16-2006, 01:44 PM
I dont know whether to say WV is overatted or not, I know for a fact that Gerogia didnt go into the Sugar Bowl with the right attitude to win the game.

However WV's schedule is favorable, this team may be the hardest to analyze....well for me

Cuban Dave 9
08-16-2006, 02:01 PM
I'd say WV is overrated but I'd be saying it blindly. I don't follow WV or the big east in football for that matter. However, SEC, ACC, Big X, would be another story

rdhstlr23
08-16-2006, 09:48 PM
WVU is good and their core players are young. I'm a Marshall fan, so breaking down and giving WVU credit is tough to do, but they are very, very good. All the hype could definitely be a problem though. I'm telling you, just heed my warning, the first game between Marshall and WVU will not be as easy as it looks.

Coral Reefer
08-28-2006, 10:35 AM

I completely agree on WV but I also have to add Louisville to that list. No way either of these teams belong in the top 10. They'll both win a lot of games but it'll be because of playing in a weak conference with a very weak schedule.

Skeet84
08-28-2006, 02:26 PM

Hmmmm So I guess you really don't like teams that win alot do you? I mean those three teams do nothing, But win. When your team wins only 9 games and thats considered a down year than I am going to say your a great program and with FSU, Miami, and the Gators anything less than a championship is a failure.

Skeet84
08-28-2006, 02:29 PM

Oklahoma - Bomar out

Leak Grasping the system? I would say that is false. Urban Meyer has already came out and said that he has changed the system to fit Chris Leak. The system will look alot like last year starting with the Georgia game. Leak will have a huge year! There schedule is really rough tho

Wombat
08-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Dag, never before have I seen the top preseason ranked teams have so many question marks.

Should be a very exciting year.

zachequalsgod
08-29-2006, 04:53 AM
I completely agree on WV but I also have to add Louisville to that list. No way either of these teams belong in the top 10. They'll both win a lot of games but it'll be because of playing in a weak conference with a very weak schedule.

This is why I think there should be a playoff system. As a Louisville fan, I would love to argue that Louisville deserves to be in the top 10. Problem with that is that since there is no playoff system, Louisville doesn't get to play a lot of tough competition (the teams of USC, Texas, Dame, Flordia, etc...). Two games will make or break Louisville, those being Miami and West Virgina. IMO Louisville is a well enough all rounded team to compete with the top teams in the nation, but... thanks BCS.

Ronnieisabeast
08-29-2006, 11:19 AM
OSU is very overated. How can you put a team that lost 9 starters on defense and its 1# Wr in the 1# AP slot?Ginn is not a 1# WR. He is a very medicore wideout. Wells is good,but c'mon he is a freshman. He will make freshman mistakes.

Motion
08-29-2006, 12:06 PM
OSU is very overated. How can you put a team that lost 9 starters on defense and its 1# Wr in the 1# AP slot?Ginn is not a 1# WR. He is a very medicore wideout. Wells is good,but c'mon he is a freshman. He will make freshman mistakes.

You make some very good points.

Alex44
08-29-2006, 12:15 PM
OSU wont finish top 7 IMO

You dont lose 9 defensive starters, have a mediocre/maybe slightly above average offense and win the national title, it just doesnt work that way

Skeet84
08-29-2006, 02:51 PM

I really think there Defense will be ok. They have got some great recruits on defense and now its just time to plug them in the system. There offense is never great, But Troy Smith has alot of tools to cause other teams problems. People will step up. I am not saying they are the best team in the country, But I do think they have a good season

Mike13
08-29-2006, 07:36 PM
USC is overrrated.

Ronnieisabeast
08-30-2006, 12:09 PM
I really think there Defense will be ok. They have got some great recruits on defense and now its just time to plug them in the system. There offense is never great, But Troy Smith has alot of tools to cause other teams problems. People will step up. I am not saying they are the best team in the country, But I do think they have a good seasonIf you mean a good season like 8-4 or 9-3 then yeah they will have a good season. But if you mean a good season like 10-2 or 11-1 then no they won't have a good season. I remember the 2004 OSU team was supposed to be great and I think they ended up like 9-3.

Skeet84
08-30-2006, 07:29 PM
If you mean a good season like 8-4 or 9-3 then yeah they will have a good season. But if you mean a good season like 10-2 or 11-1 then no they won't have a good season. I remember the 2004 OSU team was supposed to be great and I think they ended up like 9-3.

I doubt this team loses three games, But they do play in a tought conference and if they don't have alittle luck they could lose four games, But I just don't see it happening. You just really hate Ohio State and I think you only want the worst to happen

DonShula84
08-30-2006, 07:44 PM
If you mean a good season like 8-4 or 9-3 then yeah they will have a good season. But if you mean a good season like 10-2 or 11-1 then no they won't have a good season. I remember the 2004 OSU team was supposed to be great and I think they ended up like 9-3.

No way does OSU lose 4 games. They could lose to Texas no doubt, but you have them losing to Penn St, Iowa and Michigan also? If they get past UT them running the tables isnt far fetched. I could see 1 or maybe 2 losses, but 4?

Ronnieisabeast
08-30-2006, 09:39 PM
No way does OSU lose 4 games. They could lose to Texas no doubt, but you have them losing to Penn St, Iowa and Michigan also? If they get past UT them running the tables isnt far fetched. I could see 1 or maybe 2 losses, but 4?If you don't think OSU can lose to Texas, Michigan, Iowa/Penn State, and a bowl game your kidding yourselve. Remember last year when 3# Michigan was suppose to be so good last year. Preseason rankings mean nothing. The same thing could happen to your "haven't won in bowl game in forever" Norte Dame.

Skeet84
08-30-2006, 09:49 PM
If you don't think OSU can lose to Texas, Michigan, Iowa/Penn State, and a bowl game your kidding yourselve. Remember last year when 3# Michigan was suppose to be so good last year. Preseason rankings mean nothing. The same thing could happen to your "haven't won in bowl game in forever" Norte Dame.

Well I would have made my point with the Vols being ranked 2nd in the country and not even making a bowl, But Ohio State won't lose all those games. I can see them losing to the Wolverines, but that about it. Penn State will not be anywhere close to the team they were last year IMO. Who is you fav team ? Iowa?

DonShula84
08-30-2006, 09:58 PM
If you don't think OSU can lose to Texas, Michigan, Iowa/Penn State, and a bowl game your kidding yourselve. Remember last year when 3# Michigan was suppose to be so good last year. Preseason rankings mean nothing. The same thing could happen to your "haven't won in bowl game in forever" Norte Dame.

It's Notre Dame. And they have nothing to do with this, but I'm glad you're thinking about them. OSU could lose to those teams, but they wont lose to all of them. If you think they lose to every good/decent team on their schedule I'm not the one kidding myself

John Biello
08-31-2006, 01:24 AM
louisville, they play nobodys, watch miami and west virginia stomp em this year. anbody remember their last good win?

Alex44
08-31-2006, 01:29 AM
It's Notre Dame. And they have nothing to do with this, but I'm glad you're thinking about them. OSU could lose to those teams, but they wont lose to all of them. If you think they lose to every good/decent team on their schedule I'm not the one kidding myself

I think ND loses vs GTech, then goes most of the rest of the season undefeated before slipping to an underdog team and losing again

DonShula84
08-31-2006, 01:43 AM
I think ND loses vs GTech, then goes most of the rest of the season undefeated before slipping to an underdog team and losing again

I could see ND losing 2 games. I'd be lying if I said I wasnt a little concerned about GT. If ND gets past the first month undefeated (GT, PSU, Mich, MSU) they should have no trouble running the table up to USC.

zachequalsgod
08-31-2006, 05:44 AM
louisville, they play nobodys, watch miami and west virginia stomp em this year. anbody remember their last good win?

I see on your sig that you are a UK fan........ :sidelol:

Ronnieisabeast
08-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Well I would have made my point with the Vols being ranked 2nd in the country and not even making a bowl, But Ohio State won't lose all those games. I can see them losing to the Wolverines, but that about it. Penn State will not be anywhere close to the team they were last year IMO. Who is you fav team ? Iowa?Michigan. Why do think I hate OSU so much?

Marino2Clayton
08-31-2006, 01:21 PM

Louisville will beat both Miami and west Virginia (two great Thursday night games).

John Biello
08-31-2006, 07:20 PM
if they do that will shut up my end of the argument. but until they do...

Skeet84
09-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Michigan. Why do think I hate OSU so much?

I think your hate is getting in the way of some of your judgement. However I think as fans we all have been guilty at least one time or another