PDA

View Full Version : help me with some xbox 360 info...

arsenal
08-15-2006, 09:05 PM
ok, me and the roomies decided, ima get an xbox 360 (the other two splitting the big screen tv before football season)... im actually thinking of picking one up tomorrow, anyway heres a few questions... does the core package come with no hard drive at all? i know the premium package has the 20 gigs but the core said nothing about a HD when iwas looking around...

also whats the difference with the xbox live and xbox live silver package, or whtaever its called... is it worth it to get the silver for the extra money?

and what game is an absolute must get when i buy it, we mostly sports game players, but im into anythings thats dope... any suggestions...

thanks people...

Slappy8800
08-15-2006, 09:35 PM
no harddrive with the core package.

BDC87
08-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Core comes with no HD and a Wired Controller. Xbox Live Silver is Free, Gold is $50, Need Gold to play peeps online, with Silver you can still download new game content, pics, and themes. Must get sports game is going to be Madden '07 when it comes out on the 22nd. I also recommend Nba 2K6 if your into B-Ball. I'm currently playing Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis.

americanmoose84
08-15-2006, 11:21 PM
If you like playing people online it is worth the extra money. Right now I am really into Chromehounds.

arsenal
08-16-2006, 07:23 AM
damn xbox charging to play people online... aight thanks guys... i definately want some kinda hard drive so i guess i gotta go with the premium...

of course im gonna be getting madden, thats why im making this purchase now to be ready... but still trying to see what i should get today when i buy it...

TheAnswer385
08-16-2006, 07:59 AM
damn xbox charging to play people online... aight thanks guys... i definately want some kinda hard drive so i guess i gotta go with the premium...

of course im gonna be getting madden, thats why im making this purchase now to be ready... but still trying to see what i should get today when i buy it...college football is fun as hell to play against people

COD2 is also a fun game to play multiplayer if that what you will be doing.

UltraDol-Fan
08-16-2006, 09:16 AM
paying 50 bucks a year for XBox live is a good deal IMO. I think Call of Duty 3 is coming out soon so you may want to wait for that, Ghost Recon is good but short, Need for Speed is good but gets freakin hard towards the end, Burnout is a lot of fun, I liked Perfect Dark Zero, more because it reminded me of Golden Eye than anything else.

arsenal
08-16-2006, 09:57 PM
i got project gotham racing 3 which came in my bundle, and fight night 3... i haven't played PGR yet but fight night is sick... at first i hated the controls with the punching, but once you get used ot it it works, i dominated my roomates already, haha... cant wait for madden

BDC87
08-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Need for Speed is good but gets freakin hard towards the end. That was the best part and took me about an hour. NFS MS was also the 1st game I played on 360. I can't wait for carbon to come out and I hope they do a DUB addition aswell those cars would be sick on the 360. PGR3 is also a great game they have some addition vehicles for download on live using the MS points.

N-A
08-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Dead Rising is awesome. Few things can top jamming a shower head into a zombie's head and watching the blood spray out of it. Or stabbing a zombie with an excavator and knocking a crowd of zombies aside with his twirling body.

King Felix
08-16-2006, 11:15 PM
i wanna go and buy a 360....someone send me money on paypal :yes:

djfresh47
08-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Fight Night is pretty sick but COD 2 was incredible.

sm0kinfins
08-17-2006, 02:33 AM
All these 360 players/Fin Fans on here and none of ya's on my friends list... Let's remedy that. My gamertag is sm0kinbUdz... send me a friend request with a breif message saying you're from these boards and maybe we can kill a few Nazis together or something. :cooldude:

ibemacin
08-18-2006, 02:28 AM
I liked Fight Night Round 3 and NCAA football. Thats all I play but if you like racing games PGR3 is good too!

arsenal
08-18-2006, 12:24 PM
one more xbox 360 question if anyone knows this...

can i just get a regular USB wireless modem for the xbox, instead of the official 100 buck xbox one? or does microsoft **** us over there by making that the only compatible USB wireless modem?

mor911
08-18-2006, 01:55 PM
one more xbox 360 question if anyone knows this...

can i just get a regular USB wireless modem for the xbox, instead of the official 100 buck xbox one? or does microsoft **** us over there by making that the only compatible USB wireless modem?
it's not a modem that connects to the 360. I don't think you can even put any modem to the 360. It's actually a wireless adapter. It's only if you're connecting your 360 online via a wireless connection. If you can run ethernet to the back of your machine, you won't even need that.

UltraDol-Fan
08-18-2006, 02:05 PM
I believe if you want to do it wirelessly you have to use the XBox wireless adapter though.

arsenal
08-18-2006, 02:07 PM
whyd i say modem, haha i meant a wireless usb adapter... i looked aruond though and found i dont need to use just the xbox 360, so i got a generic USB wireless adapter that'll work fine with my wireless network in my apartment...

arsenal
08-18-2006, 02:08 PM
I believe if you want to do it wirelessly you have to use the XBox wireless adapter though.

i had heard differently... so i got a cheaper one now, and i'll see if it works, i'll let it be known here if it will or not, cause that xbox $100 price is ridiculous...

mor911
08-18-2006, 02:29 PM
There's products out there that will wirelessly recieve a signal and IP address from your router and distibute it to any console via an ethernet cable. So the answer is no. You don't HAVE to get the Microsoft $100 adapter. But you'll see after shopping around, they're all pretty expensive.

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/wireless/ss/wirelessgear_5.htm

http://www.netgear.com/Products/Adapters/GWirelessAdapters/WGE111.aspx

http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=1&pid=333

arsenal
08-18-2006, 02:33 PM
yeah i got one for 39.99... it should work fine...

UltraDol-Fan
08-18-2006, 03:06 PM
when my buddy bought his 360 he wanted to get the 360 adapter, so I bought his Xbox one off him for 50, and it works fine on the 360. $40 is a great deal, and your sticking it to M$, good job! :up:

arsenal
08-18-2006, 03:54 PM
when my buddy bought his 360 he wanted to get the 360 adapter, so I bought his Xbox one off him for 50, and it works fine on the 360. $40 is a great deal, and your sticking it to M$, good job! :up:

:D
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Belkin-Wireless-G-USB-Network-Adapter-F5D7050-/sem/rpsm/oid/118278/catOid/-12980/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

NewEra8
08-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Sports games right now... You have to own Fight Night Round 3 and NCAA Football 07... there's no other sports games out there that really blew me away. As for other games, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfare is an awesome multi-player. Also, Oblivion will take up a lot of your time. Call of Duty is a lot of fun at first and it's easier for the beginner. It kind of wears out as it get's a little repetitive.

But as of now, if your a sports lover... Gotta own Fight Night Round 3 and NCAA Football 07...

arsenal
08-18-2006, 05:41 PM
:D
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Belkin-Wireless-G-USB-Network-Adapter-F5D7050-/sem/rpsm/oid/118278/catOid/-12980/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

:cry:

actually no dice, i guess its a driver issue, so either A i get a network bridge or B get the xbox wireless adapter... or C the one i got was a cheap piece of crap and maybe something else could work better...

arsenal
08-20-2006, 11:54 PM
one more question for you high def xbox 360ers... i just got my high def big screen and when using the xbox i get a static sound at certain screens... like it seems when the shot is real bright it brings some static with it... anyone have a similar problem or know what im talking aobut?

i also couldn't plug in my L and R speaker wire cause it started messing with the picture... anyone experience this?

mor911
08-21-2006, 01:38 AM
Never happened to me. I use an HDTV (Sony Wega 51") and used to use the TV speakers before moving on to a Philips 5.1 surround system.

Never heard the sound though. Is only the 360?

arsenal
08-21-2006, 07:03 AM
yeah cable works fine, this is a sony wega also so i dont know, maybe my cables are screwy, ima play around with it more tonight to see...

Springveldt
08-21-2006, 08:27 AM
I believe MS have crippled the USB to only work with the official XBox360 adaptor (or MS adaptor).
They can't mess with the Ethernet protocol though so any ethernet wireless gaming bridge should work. I use a Belkin Wireless Ethernet Gaming Adaptor and it works fine. Was a lot cheaper than the MS USB one.

footballer
08-21-2006, 11:48 AM
yo bro watch otu.. the 360 version sucked last year..also, online play for ncaa sux...like last years madden...expecting it to be the same this year...problem is, u cant scout your opp. to see tendencies and such..so if you get suck playing a cheeser, then youre just stuck...otherwise, graphics should be killer on 360...but also, if you dont have a hi-def tv (which i dont) , players may look abit funny, and squat....also, last years ran slow, compared to ps2 version..

mor911
08-21-2006, 11:56 AM
yo bro watch otu.. the 360 version sucked last year..also, online play for ncaa sux...like last years madden...expecting it to be the same this year...problem is, u cant scout your opp. to see tendencies and such..so if you get suck playing a cheeser, then youre just stuck...otherwise, graphics should be killer on 360...but also, if you dont have a hi-def tv (which i dont) , players may look abit funny, and squat....also, last years ran slow, compared to ps2 version..uuhhhh... yeah. Nobody mentioned Madden man. :lol:

TheMageGandalf
08-22-2006, 12:28 AM
yeah cable works fine, this is a sony wega also so i dont know, maybe my cables are screwy, ima play around with it more tonight to see...

Yeah bro check your cables, make sure they are plugged in the right inputs and whatnot because I've never experienced this.

My HDTV is a Sony WEGA SXRD model: KDS-R60XBR1

I have it plugged in the component and the audio through the component cable (Monster brand) and I also have the cable hooked up to a receiver through an optical cable.

So, I can hear the game with or without a surround sound and I have never had those problems through any sound output.

The weird thing is you said it distorts the picture??? Like I said, make sure you plugged in the component cable into the right inputs (blue with blue/red to red/green to green etc. etc.)

arsenal
08-22-2006, 07:30 AM
yeah you know what i did, haha... there are 2 red wires, one for the audio, and the other part of the HD connection... and i had em mixed up at first... dumb mistake on my part, but wooo it looks so much better than it did before, fight night is amazing in the HD...

cant wait for madden today after work

TheMageGandalf
08-22-2006, 02:22 PM
yeah you know what i did, haha... there are 2 red wires, one for the audio, and the other part of the HD connection... and i had em mixed up at first... dumb mistake on my part, but wooo it looks so much better than it did before, fight night is amazing in the HD...

cant wait for madden today after work

SWEEETTT....glad you got your setup up and running bro.

I know how frusterating it can be to have your stuff good to go but for some reason its not working right.

arsenal
08-22-2006, 04:05 PM
yeah thanks man, i mean we had just gotten the high def screen and when i hooked up the 360 i was getting worried something would have to be returned.. but its all good, 1 hour till im home to see how maddens looking...

Phin-o-rama
08-22-2006, 04:24 PM
yeah thanks man, i mean we had just gotten the high def screen and when i hooked up the 360 i was getting worried something would have to be returned.. but its all good, 1 hour till im home to see how maddens looking...

35 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!! :dolphins: :dolphins:

arsenal
08-22-2006, 04:31 PM
^^!!!!

**** it though, im leaving early, im heading home now i cant wait anymore, i went and bought it at lunch break and im ready to roll... woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo