08-16-2006, 10:01 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2551018
:shakeno:

Motion
08-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Oops

finfansince72
08-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Nice way to pay back the faith the Vikes showed by giving you guaranteed money. Career is pretty much over.

3rd and long
08-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Nice way to pay back the faith the Vikes showed by giving you guaranteed money. Career is pretty much over.

I don't know if his career is over, but hasn't he been suspended 4 games for substance abuse in the past. If he's charged with DUI the league will up the punishment. Is the next step a year? I hate to see it personally.

Mike13
08-16-2006, 12:25 PM
That sucks.

Timmy54
08-16-2006, 12:31 PM
how does he do this, isnt training camp locked down everything on a schedule??

Majpain
08-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Its sad first Tank Williams then Greenway now Koren...

djfresh47
08-16-2006, 02:47 PM
Wasn't Theisman commending him for going back to AA meetings before the season?

3rd and long
08-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Wasn't Theisman commending him for going back to AA meetings before the season?

Yeah, they talked about it on MNF for some time. He was the feel good story of the year last year.

Prophet
08-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Now he is nothing more than another Whizzinator story.

greatwade
08-16-2006, 02:57 PM
It feels good alright.

Nice org there, Vikes. Don't sweat it though. For a few first rounders Ricky S. we'll send you Orande Gadsen's rights, Yatil Green & a couple kicking tees.

greatwade
08-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Now he is nothing more than another Whizzinator story.

wrong tool for the situation. But highlarious! Can you imagine getting pulled over. An officer demands you step away from the vehicle for a sobriety test, and whammo, he whips out the whizzinator. Burp, alrighty copper, I'm ready!

DolfanDaveInATX
08-16-2006, 05:03 PM
One-year suspension coming down in three...two...one...

Minnesota's passing game is now wholly dependent on Troy Williamson. Yeah, the Vikings are going to light up the scoreboard in 2006.

Majpain
08-16-2006, 08:31 PM

Minnesota's passing game is now wholly dependent on Troy Williamson. Yeah, the Vikings are going to light up the scoreboard in 2006.

Marcus Robinson and Travis Taylor.

tucker
08-16-2006, 10:28 PM
thats really a shame..

djfresh47
08-16-2006, 10:47 PM

I think it's going to be a long season in Minnesota. They play in what I believe is the weakest division in the league. I guess one team out of GB/Det/Minnesota will have about an 8-8 record on accident. I wanna say it's a shame and I do hope he gets things in order but he's gotta take responsibility for his actions.

Draft Pick
08-16-2006, 10:50 PM
hes done. what a waste of talent

Majpain
08-16-2006, 11:01 PM
I still think Minny can take the division. They have the best offense and the best Dline. I think they will be fine, Koren was just a average WR at best anyways.

finfansince72
08-16-2006, 11:23 PM
I still think Minny can take the division. They have the best offense and the best Dline. I think they will be fine, Koren was just a average WR at best anyways.

wasnt he an allpro last year?

Majpain
08-16-2006, 11:24 PM
wasnt he an allpro last year?

Yes on special teams.

djfresh47
08-17-2006, 12:14 AM

Chicago has to be the favorite. I think Minnesota/Detroit/GB are awful teams and Chicago while one dimensional on offense and neglected the offense in the draft still have to be the favorite. If they can get anything out of their passing game they'll breeze by the other three teams.

PressCoverage
08-17-2006, 02:19 AM
division is totally up for grabs, if you ask me... i could easily see even Detroit winning that division, if all things fall together and they stay healthy...

Aqua4Ever04
08-17-2006, 02:22 AM

Hey at least they chose the right guy to lead them at QB! Taking Brad Johnson over Daunte Culpepper is always a brilliant move! :lol:

Majpain
08-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Chicago has to be the favorite. I think Minnesota/Detroit/GB are awful teams and Chicago while one dimensional on offense and neglected the offense in the draft still have to be the favorite. If they can get anything out of their passing game they'll breeze by the other three teams.

How is Minnesota awful?They have one of the best D-lines in the game.They would have the best secondary but Tank got hurt.They use the west coast offense which fits Brad Johnson perfectly.

@@@
08-17-2006, 07:55 AM
That'll be a year long suspension then

Springveldt
08-17-2006, 09:11 AM
How is Minnesota awful?They have one of the best D-lines in the game.They would have the best secondary but Tank got hurt.They use the west coast offense which fits Brad Johnson perfectly.
Maybe the west coast offense fits Bard Johnson but you still need talent to run the offense, their WR aren't very good. Their best bet is to run the ball with that huge OL they have but it's not a given that Chester Taylor is up to the job just because he looked good as a backup.
Their DL is not one of the best imho, their DE's haven't proved much and Kevin Williams wasn't as good last season as he had been in his first 2 years (he's still a very, very good DT though).
Their secondary is good but even with Tank in there (over rated imho) I'd still take a few other teams secondaries over theirs like the Ravens, Eagles and Bears.

Majpain
08-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Maybe the west coast offense fits Bard Johnson but you still need talent to run the offense, their WR aren't very good. Their best bet is to run the ball with that huge OL they have but it's not a given that Chester Taylor is up to the job just because he looked good as a backup.
Their DL is not one of the best imho, their DE's haven't proved much and Kevin Williams wasn't as good last season as he had been in his first 2 years (he's still a very, very good DT though).
Their secondary is good but even with Tank in there (over rated imho) I'd still take a few other teams secondaries over theirs like the Ravens, Eagles and Bears.

The passing game will be fine.You dont need talented WR's to run the west Coast offense.Chester Taylor is a proven back.When Jamal was out for the year Taylor did a great job.Injuries have plauged the D-line but if their all there they have one of the best Dlines.Top 5 isnt bad either.

burger13
08-17-2006, 10:03 AM
They don't even have the best D-Line in their own division. Bears D-Line is better by far. Their DE's haven't done anything, and Kevin Williams regressed last year. Pat Williams is solid, but another year older. No way you take them over O-Gun, Alex Brown, T.Johnson and T.Harris.

I realize that their linebacking corp is weak....but if you have one of the league's top D-Lines you don't finish in the bottom half of the league in every Defensive rushing statistic AND finish 22nd in the league in sacks with just over 2 per game.

Minnesota is heading downward IMO....they just don't seem to know what they are doing. They had Tice, so it looked like they could go no where but up in the coaching department, until they hired Childress and let him speak. If I were a Viking fan, I would be wishing for Tice back already. They make a huge splash by getting Hutchinson, the best run blocking guard in football....but their coach doesn't like to run.....and the RB they went out and got is best known for being a good receiver out of the backfield. And the defense which they worked on so much last year still was among the worst in football........they were 31st in the league in 3rd down conversions against (although I'm sure that many will find a way to blame that stat on Culpepper).

Although I think the Bears are overrated a little, I still feel like it's their division to lose.

Majpain
08-17-2006, 10:08 AM
I realize that their linebacking corp is weak....but if you have one of the league's top D-Lines you don't finish in the bottom half of the league in every Defensive rushing statistic AND finish 22nd in the league in sacks with just over 2 per game.

Like I said they were plauged with injury's last year...Maybe thats why?Did you think of that?

Prophet
08-17-2006, 10:13 AM
They don't even have the best D-Line in their own division. Bears D-Line is better by far. Their DE's haven't done anything, and Kevin Williams regressed last year. Pat Williams is solid, but another year older. No way you take them over O-Gun, Alex Brown, T.Johnson and T.Harris.

Minnesota is heading downward IMO....they just don't seem to know what they are doing. They had Tice, so it looked like they could go no where but up in the coaching department, until they hired Childress and let him speak. If I were a Viking fan, I would be wishing for Tice back already. They make a huge splash by getting Hutchinson, the best run blocking guard in football....but their coach doesn't like to run.....and the RB they went out and got is best known for being a good receiver out of the backfield. And the defense which they worked on so much last year still was among the worst in football........they were 31st in the league in 3rd down conversions against (although I'm sure that many will find a way to blame that stat on Culpepper).

Although I think the Bears are overrated a little, I still feel like it's their division to lose.

The two most mentally challenged coaches in the league led the Vikings last year: Tice and Cottrell. If they had the best player at every position they would still have sucked.

Their O and D-lines are top shelf. Tomlin is heading the D. The O-line is top shelf, they just need to function as a unit, first time they have played together. The Vikings will surprise a lot of naysayers. They are only a year or two away from being contenders and are a 9-7 team this year with a completely new coaching staff and a new offensive and defensive scheme being implemented. Sure, the injuries will compound the implementation of the new schemes and the only incident that affected something other than depth was the Robinson bone-headed move. Greenway being out will hurt his development and hinder the special teams. They will be fine. The Vikings are on the right track for the first time in decades.

Majpain
08-17-2006, 02:44 PM
The two most mentally challenged coaches in the league led the Vikings last year: Tice and Cottrell. If they had the best player at every position they would still have sucked.

Their O and D-lines are top shelf. Tomlin is heading the D. The O-line is top shelf, they just need to function as a unit, first time they have played together. The Vikings will surprise a lot of naysayers. They are only a year or two away from being contenders and are a 9-7 team this year with a completely new coaching staff and a new offensive and defensive scheme being implemented. Sure, the injuries will compound the implementation of the new schemes and the only incident that affected something other than depth was the Robinson bone-headed move. Greenway being out will hurt his development and hinder the special teams. They will be fine. The Vikings are on the right track for the first time in decades.

Thank god I was waiting for a viking fan to help me out. :wink:

Atila
08-19-2006, 06:24 AM
i was just pissed cuz i got K. Robinson like in the 9th round of my fantasy league i had him slotted for big numbers as my #3/#4 that ****er

Majpain
08-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Omg that reminds me, I wonder if I have him on one of mine : /