PDA

View Full Version : My 5 Keepers/FF Question

Slainte
08-17-2006, 03:55 PM
I am in a 12 team keepers league and we get to keep 5 players.

My keepers from the team I adopted were:
Carson Palmer
Matt Hasselbeck
Shaun Alexander
Rudi Johnson
Andre Johnson

After some trades.... I now have:
Peyton Manning
Matt Hasselback
LT
Willie Parker
Andre Johnson

Better or Worse? What WR would you choose if the top 12 will probably be kept as keepers?

I was thinking best player available then I can poss. trade for a top 10 WR which will probably all be keepers.

Need some Dolphins on this team also! :dolphins:

gBORI305
08-17-2006, 04:03 PM
I think you had already some GREAT KEEPERS...But Peyton Manning is an upgrade. But you lost a RB for him. Which are more valuable. But Carson wasn't a bad KEEPER, why get rid of him?...

tucker
08-17-2006, 04:35 PM
would have stayed with what you had before

VINsanity10
08-17-2006, 04:48 PM
yeah you shouldve kept Palmer

Palmer scored more than Manning last year and since hes your keeper look at age palmer is younger. And Rudi Johnson is going to get better and better and Wille Parker isnt that great. Rudi Johnson will be a great RB one day. Idk abt Parker hes kinda small odds are against him. LT and SA are a toss up on who to pick. It dont really matter there

Kev83
08-17-2006, 05:51 PM
I think you upgraded, good move.

VINsanity10
08-17-2006, 06:01 PM
I think you upgraded, good move.

nope

Kdawg954
08-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Iono man, I think u went down:

Peyton vs. Palmer - This is even for a keeper league, Peyton will get u more now but Palmer will be a monster in a year or 2, mark my words on that. Personally I would have stayed with Carson.

Shaun vs. LT - I think u lost out on this one my friend. Shaun is a TD machine, maybe not 28 this year, but he will get 20 or so, definetly. LT is always good, but I just feel Shaun is a better back for fantasy. Plus both are about the same age if I'm not mistaken.

Rudi vs. Willie Parker - I think u lost on this one also. Tho Rudi is getting pushed by Perry, IMO he is still gonna get great numbers . . I don't think Willie gonna be able to handle that load by himself, and he will always lose out at the GL IMO. I would have kept Rudi.

I just think its amazing that somebody traded Alexander and Palmer in a keeper league LOL, outside of Larry Johnson, those are probably 2 of the best 3 prospects in keeper leagues. Not tryin to be funny, but it wasn't a good trade for u at all IMO.

fins5423
08-17-2006, 10:14 PM
dude your original team was way better

DonShula84
08-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Your RBs were better on your original team, so I would have stayed pat. Manning isnt that big of an upgrade at qb either

Mile High Fin
08-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Your RBs were better on your original team, so I would have stayed pat. Manning isnt that big of an upgrade at qb either

LT vs. Shaun === about even (I'd lean slightly towards LT - long-term)

Manning vs. Palmer === about even (I'd lean slightly towards PM, since CP only has one great year so far, and Manning's more certain, and he's still got 5-6 strong years left)

Parker vs. Rudi === Rudi is better, for sure.

So I think you lost, on the whole...
You have maybe, MAYBE a slight edge with LT & Peyton, but lost with Parker. That alone outweighs the (arguable) slight edge of LT/Peyton.

But, hey, who knows for sure......

Slainte
08-18-2006, 11:57 AM
I little insight to why I did what I did......

Went with a straight up trade S. Alexander for Lt b/c receptions are counted in this league.
Also If a player is a keeper on your team for more then 2 years you lose draft picks......3 picks lower then where he was drafted to promote trading...

S. Alexander (Madden Curse) and R. Johnson would have cost me a 4th and 5th round picks

C. Palmer (Knee? never know) would have cost a 6th

Took the risk on Willie without Bettis.....read somewhere that he wanted more goaline carries and they were going to try it out....plus Staley is nicked up...

Well see though

I did get a little older at QB but I thinking of trying to get Leinart for the future....I think Arizona is def moving in the right direction

Slainte
08-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Also I hate having my QBs and RBs on the same team!
:D

Kev83
08-18-2006, 01:42 PM

Took the risk on Willie without Bettis.....read somewhere that he wanted more goaline carries and they were going to try it out....plus Staley is nicked up...

This is where I think you went well. You took a proven, uninjured Manning and the most versatile back in the league. You gave up a player with 1 proven season who is coming off of a major injury and a player who just lost a good OL and who's FB is great, but getting OLD.

Rudi is better than Parker, but I think Parker is good for this year for the exact reasons you listed above. For the record, I've got the same outlook on not wanting a QB/RB from the same team, if I can avoid it. I don't see Rudi becoming the dominant player that many people do, either.

It would take a LOT for me to trade my man, Shaun. In this case, I would've easily made the move.

Kdawg954
08-19-2006, 10:33 AM

Went with a straight up trade S. Alexander for Lt b/c receptions are counted in this league.
Also If a player is a keeper on your team for more then 2 years you lose draft picks......3 picks lower then where he was drafted to promote trading...

S. Alexander (Madden Curse) and R. Johnson would have cost me a 4th and 5th round picks

C. Palmer (Knee? never know) would have cost a 6th

Well see though

I did get a little older at QB but I thinking of trying to get Leinart for the future....I think Arizona is def moving in the right direction

How are we supposed to know those settings if u don't let us know that lol.
Everybody probably assumed it was a standard keeper league with standard settings. Just like u throw in a point for every reception, some leagues throw in .5 a rushing attempt . . . but if u don't disclose that info we gonna assume that is not the case.

Regarding the keeper situation, I understand why u did what u did. Receptions still wouldn't make me take LT over Shaun but that is IMO. Either way u have a solid roster, I still like the team u had before but in your case u had to do what u had to do. U still have a real solid core of players.