PDA

View Full Version : Bills Defense = Contradiction

The Confessor
08-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Nice Jills fans. I was thinking that if we had problems with your pathetic franchise this year, it would be because of your defense...

HAHAHA:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: HAHAHA

44 points to the Bengals? Without Carson Palmer and Jon Kitna-which means that a combination of Doug Johnson and Anthony Wright threw for over 200 yards 2 td's and no INT.....

That is about as pathetic as it could have gotten. Hope you enjoy your move to LA in the offseason....

FinFrenzy
08-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Don't forget Losman had 2 fumbles lost. :shakeno:

BuffaloSoldier2
08-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Nice Jills fans. I was thinking that if we had problems with your pathetic franchise this year, it would be because of your defense...

HAHAHA:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: HAHAHA

44 points to the Bengals? Without Carson Palmer and Jon Kitna-which means that a combination of Doug Johnson and Anthony Wright threw for over 200 yards 2 td's and no INT.....

That is about as pathetic as it could have gotten. Hope you enjoy your move to LA in the offseason....

Um, the offense gave up 2 tds and fumbled inside the 10. So essentially, our offense gave them 13 points. We outgained the Bengals by 100 yards in the 1st half, held Rudi Johnson to 3 yards, Wright to 9 of 19 passing for less than 100 yards, and forced 5 three and outs. The Bills also was playing without Spikes, Fletcher, and Vincent. I'm very happy about our defense. If we clean up the sloppiness, we'll be a good team this year. In fact, I'll throw some $ to the fact the Bills win at least one against the Fins. Let me know.

Crisis
08-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Gotta love preseason smack.

retired opfinistic
08-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Gotta love preseason smack.I'd say there's a Crisis in Buffalo.

GoBills24
08-19-2006, 04:28 PM
I'd say there's a Crisis in Buffalo.

On their first 5 drives, we gave them 3 - 3 and outs.

The other scores were set up by a short field.

Then the starting defense was out.

I could be mistaken, but didn't the Phins get burned for 4-50+ pass plays vs. the Jags??

FinFrenzy
08-19-2006, 04:31 PM

Honestly, I thought the Bills did decent, however the Bengals offense is their QB and he didn't play.

I could be mistaken, but didn't the Phins get burned for 4-50+ pass plays vs. the Jags??

Sure with our 3rd string DB's......do you know the difference between apples and oranges???

retired opfinistic
08-19-2006, 04:32 PM

I could be mistaken, but didn't the Phins get burned for 4-50+ pass plays vs. the Jags??You're right our backups did get burned...:fire: ...hoping tonight will show a lot of improvement.

GoBills24
08-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Honestly, I thought the Bills did decent, however the Bengals offense is their QB and he didn't play.

Sure with our 3rd string DB's......do you know the difference between apples and oranges???

I was very satisfied with our defensive play.

We gave them a LOAD to handle, and they showed up to the task.

You gotta remember, 7 of those points came off that pick.

Arguing over pre-season stats is difficult

GoBills24
08-19-2006, 04:35 PM
You're right our backups did get burned...:fire: ...hoping tonight will show a lot of improvement.

You should.

The Bucs offense isn't a WHOLE lot to write home about.

You should be fine today.

FinFrenzy
08-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Arguing over pre-season stats is difficult

Now that's the truth, everything and anything we watch now will be completly different in 3 weeks. :cooldude:

retired opfinistic
08-19-2006, 04:39 PM
You should.

You should be fine today.What about .....

Chris Sims.....

LOL

FinFrenzy
08-19-2006, 04:39 PM
You should.

You should be fine today.

The Bucs are a decent team, IMO Chris Simms will be a good QB right now he's decent with a good spark every so often, cadilac, joey galloway, they have offensive weapons.

GoBills24
08-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Now that's the truth, everything and anything we watch now will be completly different in 3 weeks. :cooldude:

Yep, but I guess we need something to get us through these weeks.

:lol:

GoBills24
08-19-2006, 04:42 PM
The Bucs are a decent team, IMO Chris Simms will be a good QB right now he's decent with a good spark every so often, cadilac, joey galloway, they have offensive weapons.

Plus they have a former Golden Domer in Stovall. :cooldude:

I hope they're smart, and utilize his size (6'5") in the redzone, and all over the field.

A good test for your offense as well, their defense is always up there.

FinFrenzy
08-19-2006, 04:45 PM
A good test for your offense as well, their defense is always up there.

That's how they got their Lombardi............defense.

GoBills24
08-19-2006, 04:47 PM
That's how they got their Lombardi............defense.

Yep, exactly, and pounding the ball with Pittman / Alstott.

And Brad Johnson throwing low-risk passes.

FinFrenzy
08-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Yep, exactly, and pounding the ball with Pittman / Alstott.

And Brad Johnson throwing low-risk passes.

Kind of ironic how they got upset with Dilfer and his low risk passes so he goes to Baltimore to win one. Then they bring in Johnson. :lol:

GoBills24
08-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Kind of ironic how they got upset with Dilfer and his low risk passes so he goes to Baltimore to win one. Then they bring in Johnson. :lol:

LOL, yep.

Those 2 are essentially the same QB.

The "caretaker" of the offense.

But teams like that don't come along very often, with such a dominating defense to take the game.

FinFrenzy
08-19-2006, 04:55 PM
LOL, yep.

Those 2 are essentially the same QB.

The "caretaker" of the offense.

But teams like that don't come along very often, with such a dominating defense to take the game.

You know what.....I can't think of team with a killer defense right now. When you talk about high scoring offenses the first team is the Colts. But I can't think of a great defensive team.

GoBills24
08-19-2006, 04:59 PM
You know what.....I can't think of team with a killer defense right now. When you talk about high scoring offenses the first team is the Colts. But I can't think of a great defensive team.

I think Carolina and Chicago are pretty dominating.

That's probably why Carolina is a favorite for Super Sunday.

Great D + all those weapons on offense (Delhomme, D. Williams, Foster, Smith, Keyshawn, etc.)

AFC, I can't really think of any "great" D.

FinFrenzy
08-19-2006, 05:04 PM
I think Carolina and Chicago are pretty dominating.

That's probably why Carolina is a favorite for Super Sunday.

Great D + all those weapons on offense (Delhomme, D. Williams, Foster, Smith, Keyshawn, etc.)

AFC, I can't really think of any "great" D.

Wow I forgot about Chicago...they might be the best defensive unit this year.

GoBills24
08-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Wow I forgot about Chicago...they might be the best defensive unit this year.

I know they were one of the top D's last year.

They're especially good at home, though.

They should have a near-perfect home record.

FinFrenzy
08-19-2006, 05:08 PM
I know they were one of the top D's last year.

They're especially good at home, though.

They should have a near-perfect home record.

I didn't think much of Carolina's D last year, they seem more balanced then just a potend D or Offense.

GoBills24
08-19-2006, 05:10 PM
I didn't think much of Carolina's D last year, they seem more balanced then just a potend D or Offense.

They can return to that level of a few years ago if Kris Jenkins can get healthy.

Hasn't he had injuries in consecutive years?

You're right, I think they'll be just "good" this year, not really dominate.

I guess Chicago is the clear cut #1.

FinFrenzy
08-19-2006, 05:19 PM
They can return to that level of a few years ago if Kris Jenkins can get healthy.

Hasn't he had injuries in consecutive years?

You're right, I think they'll be just "good" this year, not really dominate.

I guess Chicago is the clear cut #1.

Yup right now......all votes are in (You and I) and the winner is Chicago for right now...:lol:

GoBills24
08-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Yup right now......all votes are in (You and I) and the winner is Chicago for right now...:lol:

For the AFC, the top 3, in no specific order:

Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, and Baltimore.

That's the class of our conference, for now, anyway.

FinFrenzy
08-19-2006, 05:32 PM
For the AFC, the top 3, in no specific order:

Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, and Baltimore.

That's the class of our conference, for now, anyway.

Blitzburgh is the best out of all three, then Baltimore....Jax seems to meltdown when there really needed.

FinFrenzy
08-19-2006, 05:33 PM
I forgot to add the Broncos might stir up the afc this year with the departure of San Diego.

GoBills24
08-19-2006, 05:36 PM
I forgot to add the Broncos might stir up the afc this year with the departure of San Diego.

Philip Rivers hasn't looked half bad.

I still think they might contend with the AFC West, but Denver will, as always, pull away in the latter quarter of the season.

Raiders will still suck, IMO, and no one knows what KC is going to do.

FinFrenzy
08-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Philip Rivers hasn't looked half bad.

I still think they might contend with the AFC West, but Denver will, as always, pull away in the latter quarter of the season.

Raiders will still suck, IMO, and no one knows what KC is going to do.

KC is definately the unknown there, IMO Edwards was a good coach with the Jets, just too many injuries that were out of his control. KC's old Coach Vermeil was just getting too emotional always crying on TV..:lol:

Vermeil started to remind me of Indy's old coach before dungy, the coach that was crying during his press conference after losing.

GoBills24
08-19-2006, 05:42 PM
KC is definately the unknown there, IMO Edwards was a good coach with the Jets, just too many injuries that were out of his control. KC's old Coach Vermeil was just getting too emotional always crying on TV..:lol:

Vermeil started to remind me of Indy's old coach before dungy, the coach that was crying during his press conference after losing.

Mora.

"I deserve to coach this damn team"

*turns around and punch team's banner* :lol:

Or the famous, "Playoffs? You kiddin' me? Playoffs? We can't even win a game."

:D

FinFrenzy
08-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Mora.

"I deserve to coach this damn team"

*turns around and punch team's banner* :lol:

Or the famous, "Playoffs? You kiddin' me? Playoffs? We can't even win a game."

:D

Yea that was great I purposely wanted to watch his PC's, you knew he was completly burnt out.....:sidelol: :sidelol:

GoBills24
08-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Yea that was great I purposely wanted to watch his PC's, you knew he was completly burnt out.....:sidelol: :sidelol:

LOL, yep.

His son is much more collected after a loss, and doesn't seem to take them as hard.

This is why he'll most likely out-tenure his father, in terms of coaching years.

Mora seemed more calm on NFL Total Access, where in other years, he would be aggressive with his opinions.

He's finally cooled down. :lol: