PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check

Mexican Buc
08-20-2006, 07:35 AM
Wow. That was a great game. Watched it twice on Tivo already and am waiting for them to show it on HD with Tampa reporters.

I won't bore you with all the things that impressed me about the Bucs and all that. So let us look at the Fins.

Offense: 1st string vs 1st string. First Quarter: the Fin offense gained -2 yards. Negative two! That's not bad, that's horrible. And that was with out defensive starters Shelton Quarles, Derrick Brooks, and Simeon Rice. Luckily the 2nd string Buc defense came in at the start of the 2nd and let Culpepper and the rest of the offense breath- and get a TD.

Living here in Miami, I'm surrounded by fin fans. And I like the fins and wish them well. But if they are really going to play like they did in that 1st quarter they have a LOT of work to do before they can even think about sniffing the division.

Defense: Actually did pretty well. However J. Allen did look like many predicted him to look- not fit for the NFL. Trucked by 4th String RB Davis. Burned by 5th string WR Edell Shepherd. This is the time for rookies to shine and he isn't doing that at all. Some people calling for him to be the starter? I think not...

SuperMarksBros.
08-20-2006, 07:37 AM
thanks

Reminisce32
08-20-2006, 07:38 AM
your 3rd string qb is better then all of ur qb's

cnc66
08-20-2006, 07:40 AM
pffft we figured you out and then whipped you.. go away troll

SuperMarksBros.
08-20-2006, 07:47 AM
pffft we figured you out and then whipped you.. go away troll
LMAO. how about that insurmountable 3-0 lead they built while their starters played so magnificently?

the reality check is Mexican, your team did next to squat out vs our 1st teamers and you're bragging about :sidelol: sorry about the L. go away.

dolfn66
08-20-2006, 07:51 AM

What kinda Phin's fan are you? :tsk:
Never say that to an opposing teams fan, we keep comments like that in house buddy.

taldolfin
08-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Was he impressed with BIG DADDY....in camp 3 days beating up his OFF LINE

Hardox
08-20-2006, 07:52 AM
You nailed it! There is alot of work to be done and with only a few weeks until the regular season starts, I'm slightly less confident than I was prior to training camp. However, I have seen a team which looked horrendous in preseason come out hot and vice versa. I know Saban will correct the problems.

As a fellow Buc fan I am happy about their defense. I am also thinking that this Gradkowski kid will be their number two. He has poise and a nice arm. Good scouting on the Bucs part.

dolfn66
08-20-2006, 07:53 AM
For the record I completely disagree with Reminisce32.

Mexican Buc
08-20-2006, 08:02 AM
LMAO. how about that insurmountable 3-0 lead they built while their starters played so magnificently?

the reality check is Mexican, your team did next to squat out vs our 1st teamers and you're bragging about :sidelol: sorry about the L. go away.
Bruce looks like a stud. A real shame we have Simms though. He will sit and end up going somewhere else to have an amazing career. Can't believe he fell to the 6th. Brady anyone?

Why the hate on our 1st stringer players?
We gained 52 yards in the 1st quarter. With a most impressive display by A-Train in the opening drive. This without our #1 WR or #1 RB. I'm happy with that. However with Pep, Chambers, and Brown on the field you guys got what? -2? Right...

The only good thing about the Fin starters was Big Daddy. Most impressive. Did like how rookie Davin Joseph pancaked him, too. However he did look great for most of the time. Great hits on Simms. Got 1.5 sacks.

finsRback
08-20-2006, 08:02 AM
Maybe you bucs can get a giant spatula to remove your big daddy smeared Qb from the ground. Between that sack and Barnes blowing up your defender it's a close call for most entertaining play last night.

Desides
08-20-2006, 08:09 AM
Offense: 1st string vs 1st string. First Quarter: the Fin offense gained -2 yards. Negative two! That's not bad, that's horrible. And that was with out defensive starters Shelton Quarles, Derrick Brooks, and Simeon Rice. Luckily the 2nd string Buc defense came in at the start of the 2nd and let Culpepper and the rest of the offense breath- and get a TD.

What? The arguably #1 defense in the NFL held back a revised and still-gelling offensive line, and this is both surprising and praiseworthy? Come on. You can celebrate after preventing Kansas City from scoring for an entire game.

Defense: Actually did pretty well. However J. Allen did look like many predicted him to look- not fit for the NFL. Trucked by 4th String RB Davis. Burned by 5th string WR Edell Shepherd. This is the time for rookies to shine and he isn't doing that at all. Some people calling for him to be the starter? I think not...

Amazing. A rookie with two weeks' worth of training camp didn't perform flawlessly, and people act like this is somehow indicative of an absence of skill. It's an absence of training, play time, and chemistry with the rest of the secondary.

I understand you're just here to promote your team over our team, but you could at least use reasoning that doesn't sound like some of the kneejerkers here.

MustangFinFan
08-20-2006, 08:17 AM
dudes, Mexican Buc is just telling us what happened. Look i am not impressed at all with how Miami is playing, Miami is so over-rated. we sign so many names, and look as tho we are gonna be THE TEAM in the NFL, and we do poorly the first 2 games.

He's right, Jason Allen hasnt done anything so far.

He's right, we gained -2 yards in the 1st quarter, even without using some of their best players on defense.

DOnt hate on the guy because hes right, i know its hard to handle the truth for some people, but i totally agree with what the guy is saying...Miami NEEDS to pickup the pace and start playing better .

finnyfan4life
08-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Wow!!! The bucs 1st stringers scored 3 points againts a defense without their top de and cb!!! :sidelol:

shadpop
08-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Mexican Buc-first off i was at the game. pimple in the crowd you might say. sat next to some wonderful bucs fans-intelligent and friendly. Just want to remind you that it is pre-season. I also would like to express my concern that somebody would watch a pre-season game twice and be waiting for the HD replay. It's Sunday morning-If you would like at the next meeting of these two teams please wear a sign introducing yourself. I would like to give you A dollar so you can go BUY A LIFE. You want to pick apart a pre-season game that you've watched twice? I will tell you the coolest part of the night--walking out of "YOUR HOUSE" and not one bucs fan could open there mouth. BY THE WAY--GREAT LAST PASS. MIAMI WEARS TEAL--WHAT YOUR COACH CHUCKIE DECIDES TO DO WITH HIS SQUAD IS HIS BUSINESS--TAKE THE LOSS LIKE A MAN....thanks for stopping by

DolphanD
08-20-2006, 09:10 AM
We are getting sick. I think it's because your salsa is expired...

Al13
08-20-2006, 09:15 AM
well thats why we have preseason to get into it slowly brown was running ok on tampas first D

MDFINFAN
08-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Wow!!! The bucs 1st stringers scored 3 points againts a defense without their top de and cb!!! :sidelol:

Point being they scored..:rolleyes:
2nd point, we didn't.

Now, the buc's D is one of the top D's and it was a good test for our rebuilt OL, right now I think the buc's D showed that our OL still needs some work..I like it, because it let our OL know that it's not where it needs to to..they will work harder now. If we went against teams that we dominate all preseason then we come into the regular season with a false sense of readiness, now our OL knows it needs more work.

This Thursday will be another good test with the Panther's D..another good D to let the OL see if they made some progress between this game and the next..and that's what we need to see from our OL, progress..

Allen needs to show #1 potential by that point also, it would have been 3 games and 3 weeks worth of TC for him...I know he's playing 2 position...

kbeath
08-20-2006, 09:40 AM
This is crazy we played poorly as far as penalties go but we didnt play poorly, we have some work to do but this thursday we will find out what is up in carolina. This is the pre season that is most like the reg. season. We can make some real judgements then.

jnobes7
08-20-2006, 09:47 AM
because preseason matters?

Aussiefinfan54
08-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Bruce looks like a stud. A real shame we have Simms though. He will sit and end up going somewhere else to have an amazing career. Can't believe he fell to the 6th. Brady anyone?

We gained 52 yards in the 1st quarter. With a most impressive display by A-Train in the opening drive. This without our #1 WR or #1 RB. I'm happy with that. However with Pep, Chambers, and Brown on the field you guys got what? -2? Right...

The only good thing about the Fin starters was Big Daddy. Most impressive. Did like how rookie Davin Joseph pancaked him, too. However he did look great for most of the time. Great hits on Simms. Got 1.5 sacks.

i will give u that the A-train is an awesome player

Disnardo
08-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Mexico has his motives... he was right in the 1st quarter...

but as a Bucs fan he failed to mention that our team adjusted to the bucs very well, and the Bucs for the most part did not...

Lazy1
08-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Point being they scored..:rolleyes:
2nd point, we didn't.

Now, the buc's D is one of the top D's and it was a good test for our rebuilt OL, right now I think the buc's D showed that our OL still needs some work..I like it, because it let our OL know that it's not where it needs to to..they will work harder now. If we went against teams that we dominate all preseason then we come into the regular season with a false sense of readiness, now our OL knows it needs more work.

This Thursday will be another good test with the Panther's D..another good D to let the OL see if they made some progress between this game and the next..and that's what we need to see from our OL, progress..

Allen needs to show #1 potential by that point also, it would have been 3 games and 3 weeks worth of TC for him...I know he's playing 2 position...

Totally agree here, our o-line really killed us last night not only by not blocking anybody but also for the false starts that killed our drives at lease twice(they turned a 3rd and 3 to a 3rd and 13) Bottom line is they need to gel and aren't game ready right now. We hired one of the best o-line coaches in the game, now lets see him go to work.

Brown didn't have good stats, but this guy is ready to play and looks super fast and super strong. Daunte needs to settle down still although alot of his falters where due to the o-line.

In a preseason game im not really worried about the stats or the win, I want to see progress and shore up some of the question marks we have. I think dauntes last drive was huge regardless of who he was playing because it was the first time since the injury he was able to get into a rhythm and really play. Should be a real nice confidence booster.

I don't really care that we won the game to be honest... I didnt like how we played but some good things can be taken from the game and built on while we now know the areas that need the most work and we will adress that. If the bucs fan's are happy with there performance and believe they are ready to play in the regular season that is good for them, I personally don't care about there team so I have no bone to pick with them.

Bandit
08-20-2006, 10:41 AM
dudes, Mexican Buc is just telling us what happened. Look i am not impressed at all with how Miami is playing, Miami is so over-rated. we sign so many names, and look as tho we are gonna be THE TEAM in the NFL, and we do poorly the first 2 games.

He's right, we gained -2 yards in the 1st quarter, even without using some of their best players on defense.

DOnt hate on the guy because hes right, i know its hard to handle the truth for some people, but i totally agree with what the guy is saying...Miami NEEDS to pickup the pace and start playing better .

Everyone is expecting Miami to have a high-powered offense this year with Culpepper at the QB, but they have a good ways to go, especially the oline, which was not good. Moreover, the lack of offense is worrisome because the secondary remains a real problem. The Fins gave up 321 yards to the Jags and another 246 to the Bucs. That's 567 yards in 2 games. Chunks of that came against the 2nd and 3rd stringers, but it still isn't good, especially when the offense looks predictable and anemic.

PhinzN703
08-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Wow. That was a great game. Watched it twice on Tivo already and am waiting for them to show it on HD with Tampa reporters.

I won't bore you with all the things that impressed me about the Bucs and all that. So let us look at the Fins.

Living here in Miami, I'm surrounded by fin fans. And I like the fins and wish them well. But if they are really going to play like they did in that 1st quarter they have a LOT of work to do before they can even think about sniffing the division.

What the hell is 5th string? I doubt they have 5 different strings on a football team. I mean at least I've heard of Edell Shepherd.

Oh the 2nd string let us have a TD? Wow arent they sweet

Beat it

PhinzN703
08-20-2006, 10:48 AM

How are we overrated? People say we'll go 9-7 again. Put down the kool-aid brother

footballphin
08-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Everyone is expecting Miami to have a high-powered offense this year with Culpepper at the QB, but they have a good ways to go, especially the oline, which was not good. Moreover, the lack of offense is worrisome because the secondary remains a real problem. The Fins gave up 321 yards to the Jags and another 246 to the Bucs. That's 567 yards in 2 games. Chunks of that came against the 2nd and 3rd stringers, but it still isn't good, especially when the offense looks predictable and anemic.

Since when is 52 yards in the 1st or 246 yards for the game a great showing? The issues with our team are there, for sure, especially the concerns about the OL and the defensive backfield but if I were a Bucs fan I wouldn't be talking trash at this point. That whopping three points by their starters isn't going to win them a lot of games either.

I'm really glad we play so many good defensive teams in the preseason this year. I hope that will keep the OL honest about where they are and working hard to improve.

carnage476
08-20-2006, 10:56 AM

Is this your first season watching football? You do know its preseason, right? You do know we won ONE preseason game last year, right? Lay off the paranoia dude, its PRESEASON, SUPERBOWLS AREN'T WON AND LOST IN THE PRESEASON, SHEESH!!!!!:cooldude: I can't stand "fans" that are so freaking negative about the preseason, but don't worry stang, when things go well, I'll remind you about how hormonal you were during the preseason :) I wish they didn't even mention preseason games, so people who can't handle preseason losses and think their respective teams are going to suck, will have to wait till the season to say their team is over rated and sucks.

Troysif
08-20-2006, 10:57 AM

there 3rd string QB played against our 3rd and 4th string defense

AXAFinFan
08-20-2006, 11:08 AM

Two words: PRE-SEASON! You're talking like this is the regular season. That is what the pre-season is for - to get ready for the regular season, when the games actually mean something. :shakeno:

I'm confident the starters will gel and become the high powered offense we anticipate! :dolphins:

carnage476
08-20-2006, 11:10 AM

Hey Mexi-Mix, what you failed to mention about that negative two yards were the 10 yards in penalties, don't act like your defense did it.:fire:

BennyVW
08-20-2006, 11:17 AM

1. You are a TROLL!

2. Our first stringers scored a TD on a NINE MINUTE DRIVE. Sounds like we figured you out esily.

3. The first quarter was due to 2 things. Stupid penalties because it was the first time we used a silent snap count, and because this is the first Cover 2 team we have played against this year. Our guys are big and strong not fast and small so it took some time to adjust. After we adjusted however it was not a problem.

BennyVW
08-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Hey Mexi-Mix, what you failed to mention about that negative two yards were the 10 yards in penalties, don't act like your defense did it.:fire:

actually it was 20 yards in penalties....

carnage476
08-20-2006, 11:21 AM
actually it was 20 yards in penalties....

Talking the first drive

Majpain
08-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Why isnt this in the depths?

carnage476
08-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Why isnt this in the depths?

Sorry I get annoyed with misleading information, and over-reactions of fellow "fans" sorry boys but if you're already pressing the panic button now, not sure I can call you a fan without the quotes.:dolphins:

SKing29
08-20-2006, 11:32 AM
I don't get why so many are so worried about the Fins performance, because truth be known preseason games are nothing but glorified practices. It's widely known that in the first two preseason games there are no game plans, and who ever wins is just the luckiest. Also in preseason games players are rotating so much (so that the coaches can get a look at them) that the teams can get no real chemistry. Right now the Fins are preparing for the regular season, not playing as they would in the regular season (such as with a real gameplan and constant starters with second teamers mixed in). Just think if in the preseason, teams used their real gameplans and used their first stringers like in the regular season, they would probably go 4-0 in the preseason but when the regular season started they would be tired and other teams would have them figured out. We may see some game planning in the 3rd game and a little more the 4th but still it will be scratching the surface of the regular season playbook. You also in preseason games take into consideration that a some players (especially older vets) are probably not giving their hardest trying to save themselves for the "real" regular season. I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't get upset and start saying the Fins are in a lot of trouble when its the preseason. Like I've seen other posters on here say the Colts went 0-4 last preseason and how did their first 13 games go, and right now the Super Bowl Champs the Pittsburgh Steelers are 0-2, so I guess they are in a lot of trouble too right.

*Also as a note I do accept that the Fins do have problems in the secondary and the on the O-Line but it's no where near as bad as some on here are believing.

Tony Montana
08-20-2006, 11:38 AM
We WON the game ........ why is everyone getting in a fit! First off its preseason... we aren't showing our best plays and formations on Defense or Offense, that would be stupid. Second, our defense was stellar once again.. but nobody seems to want to mention that. Culpepper started rocky .. but hey that was good, he needed that with the few hits he took.. made me feel better. And then what, he rebounded and ended up going like 7-9 and 80 some yards? ...led a real nice scoring drive and Sammy capped it off with a TD! I'm getting the feeling our Defense is going to be a top 5 unit this year and we may win a bunch of games like this .... we can't expect the offense to go out and score 30+ points every game, especially early in the season. So what I'm saying is take a DEEP BREATH fellow fin fans and calm down... i'm liking what i see out of our Dolphins so far.... it's a long season and we will continue to improve.
:dolphins:

fish fan 4 life
08-20-2006, 11:41 AM
your 3rd string qb is better then all of ur qb's:sidelol:

Disnardo
08-20-2006, 11:50 AM
TB 1st Drive 45 yds = 3 Points...

TB 2nd Drive 3 yds = 0 Points...what happened? No adjustment?

TB 3rd Drive - 10 yards (minus) = Seemed to be going backwards :confused: ... definitely no adjustment what so ever...

Simms stats = 2 comp, 7 att (29% comp), 27 yds (3.85 YPA), 43.15 QBR...
Rattay stats = 4 comp, 5 att (80% comp), 26 yds (5.20 YPA), 48.75 QBR...

So your 1st string O stats (in the 1st quarter) went something like this:

3 Drives (17 plays), 38 Net yards, 7 rushing att for 37 (1 = 18 yds), 27 yds passing (less than 30% completion), 3 penalties, 2 sacks allowed = 3 points =1 point per drive :tantrum:

First String talent and you may say they are doing great :confused:... against a Fins D that was ranked # 18 in yds and #15 in points allowed last year, but it is really Pre Season right...:wink:

Granted Miami's O did play awfull the first 3 drives, you just failed to give credit to the # 1 ranked D in yards, and # 8 in points, last year (pisst it Tampa) :wink: ... but whether they had their full starting squad or not, the Dolphins adjusted and consistantly progressed in their 4th drive.

Simms and the starting O, on the other end, consistantly regressed in production after their first initial drive. Coaching would have to be a catalyst for this re-gression...

Thanks, for letting us know how bad we are :tantrum: ... just that its Pe Season, in my opinion...:wink:

cnc66
08-20-2006, 11:54 AM

TB 3rd Drive - 10 yards (minus) = Seemed to be going backwards :confused: ... definitely no adjustment what so ever...

3 Drives (17 plays), 38 Net yards, 7 rushing att for 37 (1 = 18 yds), 27 yds passing (less than 30% completion), 3 penalties, 2 sacks allowed = 3 points =1 point per drive :tantrum:

First String talent and you may say they are doing great :confused:... against a Fins D that was ranked # 18 in yds and #15 in points allowed last year, but it is really Pre Season right...:wink:

Granted Miami's O did play awfull the first 3 drives, you just failed to give credit to the # 1 ranked D in yards, and # 8 in points, last year (pisst it Tampa) :wink: ... but whether they had their full starting squad or not, the Dolphins adjusted and consistantly progressed in their 4th drive.

Simms and the starting O, on the other end, consistantly regressed in production after their first initial drive. Coaching would have to be a catalyst for this re-gression...

Thanks, for letting us know how bad we are :tantrum: ... just that its Pe Season, in my opinion...:wink:

serious ownage here... nice job Disnardo. Coach said it great...we played THROUGH the problems.

themole
08-20-2006, 01:10 PM
serious ownage here... nice job Disnardo. Coach said it great...we played THROUGH the problems.

It's "Robber Baronish"! :sidelol:

TotoreMexico
08-20-2006, 01:16 PM

Here's a reality check for ya...

YOU LOST!!!

njphinatic1
08-20-2006, 01:18 PM
:shakeno: YOU WATCH IT TWICE 4 WHAT? N L IS N L. THE BETTER TEAM WON. :dolphins:

Mexican Buc
08-20-2006, 03:09 PM
What the hell is 5th string? I doubt they have 5 different strings on a football team. I mean at least I've heard of Edell Shepherd.

Oh the 2nd string let us have a TD? Wow arent they sweet

Beat it

1. Galloway (who didn't play)
2. Clayton
3. Hilliard
4. Boston
5. Edell
6. Stoval

And the Let wasn't ment like that either. No smack intended, though you guys do seem to be very defensive.

Mexican Buc
08-20-2006, 03:13 PM
I watched it twice becuase I was too tired to finish the 2nd half last night, and woke up today and wanted to know how it finished. Simple really.

Funny thing here is the opposing responses being given by some of the members. Some say:
"WE WON! WE'RE BETTER!"

while others say:
"IT'S ONLY A PRESEASON GAME!"

So let me open up with a few pointers for you that are new to football (which is many of you):
- Preseason game wins/losses don't mean smack. Atleast some of you got this point right. Those of you are smart.
- Only point of a preseason game or "glorified practice" is to test and evaluate performances.
- The way to correctly evaluate that is to see how some one (or a group) did, and WHO they did it against.

Now I hope that clears up things for the fans that didn't understand that the first time around. For those that did, it wasn't for you.

Next, I LIKE THE FINS! I live in MIAMI! They are my hometown team. I wish them the best in their division. I came here to comment on the game. So what? Fin fans can criticize their own team, but when another fan does it it's smack and trolling? That's why I put this in Fin discussion not Depths of the Sea. It wasn't to be smack at all.

I would very well comment on what the Bucs did good AND bad, but that I have reserved for the Buc Boards.

And to wrap this up, to those saying "We started bad but came back, adjusted, and did things right later on in the 4th drive." Could it be not so much your great "adjustments" that gave the team a total 180, but rather that it was the 2nd quarter and the 2nd stringers took the field (atleast for the Bucs). Just a thought- it so happens they make their adjustments and get into groove vs the back ups, right?

PhinzN703
08-22-2006, 04:04 PM
1. Galloway (who didn't play)
2. Clayton
3. Hilliard
4. Boston
5. Edell
6. Stoval

And the Let wasn't ment like that either. No smack intended, though you guys do seem to be very defensive.

Being the 5th WR isnt 5th string. Say they run a 5 WR set, you're still saying the 5th WR is part of the '5th string' unit?

2nd string is a set of guys backing up the 1st unit.
3rd backs up the 2nd.

There is no 5th string

retired opfinistic
08-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Being the 5th WR isnt 5th string. Say they run a 5 WR set, you're still saying the 5th WR is part of the '5th string' unit?

2nd string is a set of guys backing up the 1st unit.
3rd backs up the 2nd.

There is no 5th stringThere is in BeanerBuc's tampon box.

PhinzN703
08-23-2006, 09:59 AM
There is in BeanerBuc's tampon box.

:sidelol:

Oh the funny thing is MexicanBuc thought he'd be well received here at Finheaven. What a shame that we all hate him :lol:

retired opfinistic
08-23-2006, 11:02 AM
:sidelol:

Oh the funny thing is MexicanBuc thought he'd be well received here at Finheaven. What a shame that we all hate him :lol::wink:

Mike13
08-23-2006, 01:00 PM

:0wned: