View Full Version : What are some must play computer games

Timmy54
08-21-2006, 11:19 AM
Guys
What are your must have/must play games for PC

Mine would have to be Civ 3 and 4

Bruzer
08-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Half-Life and Half-Life 2 in my opinion.

Phin-o-rama
08-21-2006, 11:26 AM
world of warcraft

mor911
08-21-2006, 11:55 AM
I was gonna say Civilization 4... but you said that. Then I was gonna say World of Warcraft... and he said that.

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Mbs3009
08-21-2006, 12:02 PM
10 Yard Fight - NES ROM

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-21-2006, 12:44 PM
If you have a cheating program, Star Control II. By far one of the best stories and music I have ever seen on a computer game. That game is so freaking funny. The only game where I have ever befriended a race by giving them old Monty Python tapes, which they use the jokes as new funny ways to kill each other. Good times.

Motion
08-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Snood!

mor911
08-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Snood? What's that?

EDIT -- Looked it up, and Snood looks like Puzzle Bobble. I love Puzzle Bobble :yes:

http://www.womgames.com/index.php

Motion
08-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Snood? What's that?

EDIT -- Looked it up, and Snood looks like Puzzle Bobble. I love Puzzle Bobble :yes:

VERY addictive!

TheMageGandalf
08-21-2006, 05:25 PM
That depends on what exactly you want to play.

IMO:

FALLOUT/FALLOUT 2 (awesome to say the least)

The Baldur's Gate series

Battlefield 2

Diablo series

Warcraft series

mor911
08-21-2006, 05:26 PM
CRAP! How could I forget the Fallout series? Arguably the best PC RPGs of all time... :yes:

TheMageGandalf
08-21-2006, 05:31 PM
CRAP! How could I forget the Fallout series? Arguably the best PC RPGs of all time... :yes:

Yeah dude, I was surprised they hadn't been mentioned!

I would've mentioned Starcontrol 2 but I like to play that on a Panasonic 3DO.

Although you can get an updated computer version for FREE here:

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

I dont like the computer controls with the keyboard although you can use a joystick but mine sucks.

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-21-2006, 05:32 PM
I can't believe I forgot about Baulder's gate, how many games can keep you entertained for 150 hours on the same story, twice.

Thorne of Bhaal has to be the best add on I have ever played.

Phinz420
08-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Old School: Half-Life, Baldurs Gate 2(awsome top-down rpg)

New School: Half-Life 2, Command and Conquer Generals(much different than older C&C but it is alot of fun reguardless), Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, and I highly recommend playing Hitman :Blood Money!

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Yeah dude, I was surprised they hadn't been mentioned!

I would've mentioned Starcontrol 2 but I like to play that on a Panasonic 3DO.

Although you can get an updated computer version for FREE here:

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

I dont like the computer controls with the keyboard although you can use a joystick but mine sucks.

I really dislike the gameplay and the ship fighting controls. However the story line is one of the best I have EVER seen. It is not only really fun it is funny.

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-21-2006, 05:35 PM
if we go older school, Master of Magic is a real fun game. So is Master of Orion I/II.

A game I am surprised there weren't any sequals was Colonization.

TheMageGandalf
08-21-2006, 05:39 PM
I really dislike the gameplay and the ship fighting controls. However the story line is one of the best I have EVER seen. It is not only really fun it is funny.

Yeah I know, the controls for the ship are kind of wonky even on the 3DO machine but they dont make'em liek that anymore.

Seriously, I have been dying to get a game that lets you explore space (a freakin' HUGE space), planet fall and gather things down on the planet not just from your ship getting asteriods or whatever, and an awesome story with decent fighting.

All of thats in SC2 and its an OLD game. Is it that people dont like games like SC2 and STARFLIGHT anymore?

TheMageGandalf
08-21-2006, 05:41 PM
if we go older school, Master of Magic is a real fun game. So is Master of Orion I/II.

A game I am surprised there weren't any sequals was Colonization.

:lol: Master of Orion 2 boy that brings back frusterating memories.

The game was awesome no doubt, but I'd get my butt handed too me each and everytime.

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-21-2006, 05:55 PM
:lol: Master of Orion 2 boy that brings back frusterating memories.

The game was awesome no doubt, but I'd get my butt handed too me each and everytime.

i am good at that game as long as I am creative.

Dolfan984
08-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Fallout!!!! Fallout rocks, I even got Fallout Tactics, though it didn't hold a candle to the other two.

Anyone remember Bloody mess? :lol:

halflife 2 is really good, Jedi Knight Outcast is pretty fun too if you like FPS.

Now real old school? Starcraft. I played that game for years.

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Fallout!!!! Fallout rocks, I even got Fallout Tactics, though it didn't hold a candle to the other two.

Anyone remember Bloody mess? :lol:

halflife 2 is really good, Jedi Knight Outcast is pretty fun too if you like FPS.

Now real old school? Starcraft. I played that game for years.

Starcraft real old school? Didn't that game have more than 16 colors?

DonShula84
08-21-2006, 07:34 PM
I was gonna say Civilization 4... but you said that. Then I was gonna say World of Warcraft... and he said that.

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

What server do you play on Mor? I've seen a guy around w/ your name and was wondering if it was you lol

Nappy Roots
08-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Civilization 4...what is this? seems like ive heard that name alot

Dolfan984
08-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Starcraft real old school? Didn't that game have more than 16 colors?

:lol: good point but it's still 10 years old :)

lazareth
08-21-2006, 08:04 PM
i never played pc games much, always had a console of some kind or another...but currently i am addicted to elder scrolls: oblivion

bought it for my kid

he doesnt get to play it much :chuckle:

THECOMMISH
08-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Rome Total War! Arggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SirDrums
08-21-2006, 09:41 PM
cant believe people consider SC old school.. old school to me is games like Joust.

Must play PC games?

All the halflife games are a must.

The total war series kicks butt. They are doming out with another one in the fall i think.

Warcraft III

Oblivion

Counter strike

Day of Defeat.

Battlefield 2 is still real good.

TheMageGandalf
08-21-2006, 10:35 PM
The Halflife series is awesome but I havn't seen anyone mention...

QUAKE 2

I got Quake 4 for the 360 just because it came with Quake 2 and I wanted to replay that oldie on my big screen.

Phinz420
08-21-2006, 11:03 PM
The Halflife series is awesome but I havn't seen anyone mention...

QUAKE 2

I got Quake 4 for the 360 just because it came with Quake 2 and I wanted to replay that oldie on my big screen.

Thats because Quake 2 was a breakthrough in terms of viable multiplayer game engines. Half-Life perfected the engine shortly after and it brought fourth the FPS revolution to where we are today :D

Your right though, give Quake 2 its props because if not for it, then Valve would have never brought us HL.

Phinz420
08-21-2006, 11:09 PM
cant believe people consider SC old school.. old school to me is games like Joust.

Must play PC games?

All the halflife games are a must.

The total war series kicks butt. They are doming out with another one in the fall i think.

Warcraft III

Oblivion

Counter strike

Day of Defeat.

Battlefield 2 is still real good.

Well everyone will have their own opinions but honestly it doesnt have to be from the begining of the video game era to be "old school". With where we are today in terms of video games, I would definatly consider Starcraft and Warcraft 1 to be old school. It doesnt date back to pong and paperboy but here wasnt much around in terms of in depth strategy games before those 2 hit the mass markets.

Maybe a better wording would be "Classic PC Games". Because some of you are just going to be anal about your own opinion on somthing being old(probably because it defines how old you are also!)

dominizzo
08-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Madden 07

Phinz420
08-22-2006, 12:50 AM
Madden 07

:yes:

illscriptures
08-22-2006, 04:17 AM
One of my favorites is Black and White...

minus
08-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Starcraft