PDA

View Full Version : Need Draft Advice At RB......

BLITZKRIEG
08-21-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm picking at #7 overall, and I need some opinions at RB....

I'm eyeing RB's R. Johnson / E. James / or possibly S. Jackson....

Who is likely to have the best FF season, and who would you suggest I select???

R. Johnson is a proven runner, who averages 11-12 TD's a season, and adds 1300 yards to boot. His only downside is that he doesn't catch passes out of the backfield, and he also started the 2005 season slow...

I think he's a nice selection because of the offense he plays in. The OL is among the NFL's elite, and when they have a nice lead, they'll pound the clock out. Johnson is also all the Bengals really have when it comes to goal-line carries. He'll be tough to pass on that's for sure. He's one of the most consistant FF RB's within the top 10 in my opinion....

----------------------------------

RB E. James is also a very interesting option. He's a proven runner / reciever, and combined numbers are big when it comes to FF. Many questions surround the Cards OL, but it's the dangerous passing attack that will allow the Cards running game to open up. James should have a huge impact within the Cards offense, and defenses wont be able to stack the box with Boldin / Fitzgerald keeping them honest deep. There will be holes, but not like in Indy....

More to James' move that makes him such a nice option, is that he's the only thing in town at RB. He'll get all of the goal-line work, I just hope if I do decided to take him, the Cards offense has more success inside the redzone when it comes to running the football....

All in all, I've always loved the thought of drafting Edge, if he falls to me, and this move feels like a good fit {Edge to Arizona}, I may just pull the trigger on him. Still undecided....

-----------------------------

Last, but certainly not least, we have RB S. Jackson....

I really like what I've seen this off-season from the Rams offense. In terms of a FF standpoint, Linehan is going to make RB S. Jackson the RB M. Martz was never capable of accomplishing in his style of offense. I have a good feeling this will be RB S. Jackson's best season in the NFL to date, and with nobody really behind him to steal carries, he should easily be worth a long hard look at the #7 overall pick in my opinion. He's alittle up and down, but in that previous offense, everything was up and down. Linehan will balance it all out to an even keel, and that could mean big things for Jackson....

What do you guys think???....Who would you select at #7???.....

Thanks...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Mile High Fin
08-21-2006, 05:56 PM
I like Rudi Johnson, I guess.

But it's a close call...

Edge & S.Jackson both have more questions (new team and/or new system). Will they produce as well (Edge) or better (Jackson) than they've done in the past....
Rudi Johnson's more of the sure-fire bet...
And you need to be sure your 1st Round pick is a "hit".
That's why I'd lean towards Rudi, plus with Carson's injury, maybe they rely on Rudi moreso this year....

VINsanity10
08-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Rudi mos def

phinphan896
08-21-2006, 07:10 PM
id go with edge. he has so much upside. i believe he can do what he did in indy because no team can stack the box against him and the only good defensive team in his division is seattle its not the afc south anymore

TokyoFishFan
08-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Rudi. Proven productivity and in the same offense.

While James has been a great back, until Arizona proves it can block, James becomes a risk. I expect his production to fall dramatically this year because of Arizona's OL.

Jackson is and will be good, but I give rudi the edge.

trate121hb
08-22-2006, 11:32 AM
rudi is thr safest pick and jackson is the sexy pick imo....depends on how risky u are.....

BrazForPhins
08-22-2006, 11:50 AM
I like Steven Jackson for a breakout year, I`d go for him

DolfanGermany
08-22-2006, 02:39 PM
RUDI!

II play in a one year league and in a keeper-league this year, had the 12th and the 4th pick. In both leagues I used my first round pick on Johnson. In my oppinion, he's the safest one after the top three (now that Portis is injured). Was surprised Rudi was still there as 12th overall...

SwampDawg
08-22-2006, 04:08 PM
I would go SJax, Rudi, Edge in that order. SJax had a decent year last year and showed signs of breaking out with Martz the knuckle head throwing 70% of the time. With a more balanced attack this year I see at least 1300 yards and 10 TD's from him but with an upside of 1500 and 14 or 15 TDs. Rudi is the steady guy, he'll get his 1300 and 10 but not much more and might suffer a little if Carson is out the first few weeks. Edge to me seems like the biggest risk, the Cardinals line is a question mark, he is in a new system with great WR's who are big goal line targets.

PressCoverage
08-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Stephen Jackson...

Chris Perry is too good to keep off the field in Cincy and will get increased playing time all year... Also, consider the defenses the Bengals will have to face, and then consider those that the Rams will face out west... Many teams stumble for a year before they continue their ascension, and I see that happening this year for Cincinnati... If Palmer misses ANY time to start, or can't move around, I see them stumbling out of the gate ... While they have a fine offensive line, I see Rudi Johnson as a between the tackles masher only... If their offense isn't in sync from the get-go, they're going to struggle..

Jackson is going to be a workhorse... He has two excellent tackles in Pace and Barron... Their interior has two proven (albeit aging) veterans in McCollum and Timmerman, and a promising young guard in Incognito ... Jackson runs like Ricky in a lot of ways, and has decent hands out of the backfield... i see him going for 1,400 and 12 TDs this season, easily...

The Cardinals just don't run block well enough to believe Edge is in that mid-first round class.... Sorry, just my opinion...

BLITZKRIEG
08-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the input.....

I like Johnson or Jackson the most, but Jackson's stock is certainly rising....

PHINZ RULE!!!!