PDA

View Full Version : boo EA!

Slappy8800
08-22-2006, 03:54 AM
from ign.com

Another problem is the fact that, although I love franchise mode, after my Redskins won the Super Bowl there was no post-game celebration. No fireworks, no trophy presentation to B-Lloyd…nothing. How could there be a pregame but not a postgame? At least give me some Gatorade showers or something.

:fire:

Link
08-22-2006, 07:25 AM
It is EA.... What did you expect? Sadly I doubt this will be corrected in time for the Wii version.

arsenal
08-22-2006, 07:31 AM
ehhh no biggie to me...

Link
08-22-2006, 07:39 AM
ehhh no biggie to me...

Yeah, it isn't a huge deal. You are right about that, but what is a big deal is that EA could have done that easily, but like they usually do they took the easy way out. They will likely add it in 08 and make a huge deal about it. I love Madden games, but it just annoys me when they don't try to make the game as good as they could. I could be wrong but Madden 06 for the Cube had the celebration appearently now absent.

arsenal
08-22-2006, 08:46 AM
yeah, i think i would have liked something... not fireworks, but like the trophy presentation and the superbowl MVP thing would ahve been dope... but really i dont consider that a big deal...

Pagan
08-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Hmmmm....shall we use the available space to make the gameplay and graphics the best it can be, or should we waste space to put in a meaningless championship celebration?

I'll take the gameplay. :wink:

Link
08-22-2006, 09:16 AM
Hmmmm....shall we use the available space to make the gameplay and graphics the best it can be, or should we waste space to put in a meaningless championship celebration?

Yeah, but the problem is they have the space more then likely. I am not sure, but its just my guess.

UltraDol-Fan
08-22-2006, 09:48 AM
I would also bet they had the room and not the desire to put it in

Majpain
08-22-2006, 09:53 AM
No shock here. Madden is always hyped up then its up being the same game with 10 new animations with new cosmetitc*sp changes. They never fully fix the problems at hand, what they do is make a minor upgrade to the game. EA= Game Nazis, always half-assing their games. It also seems that Madden only looks good on the 360.

Majpain
08-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Only the 360 gets the mini camp feature.....I ******* hate EA.

SKing29
08-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Only the 360 gets the mini camp feature.....I ******* hate EA.

Seriously:confused: , I would think they would want to put the mini-camp feature on the current generation consoles because it would be a wider fan base, the move to make it a 360 exclusive makes no sense.

Pagan
08-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Seriously:confused: , I would think they would want to put the mini-camp feature on the current generation consoles because it would be a wider fan base, the move to make it a 360 exclusive makes no sense.
It doesn't?

Ever stop to think that slowly, and I mean slowly, XBox and PS2 are being phased out?

Once the WII and PS3 are in full force with 360, you can bet that soon you won't even have games for the older platforms any more.

You don't see EA making games for the original Playstation, do ya?

EA makes some aspects of the game exclusive to the higher platforms in order to make the games more attractive and entice people to make the move up the ladder.

It's the nature of the beast guys.

Stevendinho
08-22-2006, 04:01 PM
No shock here. Madden is always hyped up then its up being the same game with 10 new animations with new cosmetitc*sp changes. They never fully fix the problems at hand, what they do is make a minor upgrade to the game. EA= Game Nazis, always half-assing their games. It also seems that Madden only looks good on the 360.

While I agree EA are a bunch of game nazis, anyone who played MLB 2k6 or whatever this year knows how little effort was put into the game. So if between the 2k devil and the Evil Aliance, I pick EA.

SKing29
08-22-2006, 06:43 PM
It doesn't?

Ever stop to think that slowly, and I mean slowly, XBox and PS2 are being phased out?

Once the WII and PS3 are in full force with 360, you can bet that soon you won't even have games for the older platforms any more.

You don't see EA making games for the original Playstation, do ya?

EA makes some aspects of the game exclusive to the higher platforms in order to make the games more attractive and entice people to make the move up the ladder.

It's the nature of the beast guys.

You're misunderstanding me here, Madden 07 is going to be more popular on the current generation systems because people own more of them than the 360, and the PS3 and Wii aren't even out yet. By the time Madden 08 rolls around yes I get giving the new generation the better features over the current generation that we are in now because the 360, PS3, and Wii will be the main systems by then and be in full swing and all development of new games will go to them (well mostly). As of right now I don't think the 360 would have more pull than the current generation and although I get adding features to the new generation console's games would entice people, I don't see how the mini-camp in just Madden 07 would sway many people. I guess in summary what I am saying is that as of this years Madden EA should have catered to all systems and next year they will make more sense if they leave features out of current generation of today.

Breed
08-22-2006, 07:12 PM
While I agree EA are a bunch of game nazis, anyone who played MLB 2k6 or whatever this year knows how little effort was put into the game. So if between the 2k devil and the Evil Aliance, I pick EA.

The MLB 2K games have never been that good; the NFL 2K games were always top notch.

Pagan
08-22-2006, 09:02 PM
You're misunderstanding me here, Madden 07 is going to be more popular on the current generation systems because people own more of them than the 360, and the PS3 and Wii aren't even out yet. By the time Madden 08 rolls around yes I get giving the new generation the better features over the current generation that we are in now because the 360, PS3, and Wii will be the main systems by then and be in full swing and all development of new games will go to them (well mostly). As of right now I don't think the 360 would have more pull than the current generation and although I get adding features to the new generation console's games would entice people, I don't see how the mini-camp in just Madden 07 would sway many people. I guess in summary what I am saying is that as of this years Madden EA should have catered to all systems and next year they will make more sense if they leave features out of current generation of today.
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you.

Unfortunately those running the business don't. They're starting the phasing out early. All they care about is what's coming next, not what was or what is right now.

Dors156
08-22-2006, 09:28 PM
:nono: same thing in ncaa it made me so mad when i found that out

Slappy8800
08-22-2006, 09:45 PM

let me know when they use that space for gameplay cause like the last i dont know how many years....it sucks

zackattack54
08-22-2006, 11:13 PM
I still like my NFL 2k5

UltraDol-Fan
08-23-2006, 09:44 AM
I have bought 2k5 twice and both times my xbox scratched the disk and made it unplayable

Pagan
08-23-2006, 10:51 AM
let me know when they use that space for gameplay cause like the last i dont know how many years....it sucks
But you keep buying it. What does that say? :wink:

SKing29
08-23-2006, 11:56 AM
I still like my NFL 2k5

Yeah, I got Madden 2005 at a flea market for $12 used and then found ESPN NFL 2K5 at KMart for $10 brand new. I had bought the Madden a few months before 2K5 and still 2K5 blew Madden out of the water for me. I still wish EA had of not bought the NFL license, but I seen posts on here saying that the 2K series may be coming back in some form and I really hope it does because I miss innovative football games.

Slappy8800
08-23-2006, 08:55 PM
But you keep buying it. What does that say? :wink:

give me an alternate football game choice

BlitPhinFan
08-23-2006, 09:32 PM
give me an alternate football game choice

Here you go: http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Coleco/H2HFootball.htm

Look it even supports 2 players. :evil:

Slappy8800
08-23-2006, 09:42 PM
better graphics than madden!

BlitPhinFan
08-23-2006, 09:58 PM
better graphics than madden!

:lol:

JPhinfan86
08-26-2006, 03:37 AM
Hmmmm....shall we use the available space to make the gameplay and graphics the best it can be,
Well, if in fact they had done just that....you'd be right. However, they lack gameplay, graphics and authentic presentation. The truth is, celebration sequences such as those do not require much. They are CG videos in essence. It just takes a little more commitment to detail. More than none. :dunno: :up:

JPhinfan86
08-26-2006, 04:03 AM
Yeah, I got Madden 2005 at a flea market for $12 used and then found ESPN NFL 2K5 at KMart for $10 brand new. I had bought the Madden a few months before 2K5 and still 2K5 blew Madden out of the water for me. I still wish EA had of not bought the NFL license, but I seen posts on here saying that the 2K series may be coming back in some form and I really hope it does because I miss innovative football games.
Without a doubt. Madden is the same 'football' game rehashed year after year after year. They tweek one small, insignificant thing and call it '06, '07 etc. They only started putting authentic face mapping in the game YEARS after 2K had started. 2K began back in 2002. Up until the face mapping, EA couldn't even give Ricky his dreads (he did in fact have them at the time). I had held out hope that they would make Madden a better game being that it's now the only option but it never happened. EA in general does the same thing with all of its games. The take one concept and use it for all of their titles.

RACING:

The Burnout series and the Need For Speed series. Each have remained d@mn near identical throughout their histories...not only that but the series' as a whole are extremely similar. The racing in Burnout may as well be Need for Speed in look and design. Need for Speed - Lets run from the cops in circles, for laps and laps. :hmmm:

NASCAR - Total Team Control ('06) is lame in graphics. EA needs to get off their a$$es and look at what even the PS2 can do....they need to take example from TOCA 3 by Codemasters. Run a lap in the Stockcar series and you'll see a fully functional racer w/ fantastic graphics and out of this world damage physics.

SHOOTERS:

Battlefield Series and Black. I was expecting Black to sport fully interactive environments. They adverstised the ability to blow up balconys to drop foes and it's only mildly effective. Play Black and Battlefield and you'll feel games so similar its crazy.

FOOTBALL:

Madden - Only vaguely different in it's current gen history starting back in 2001.

NCAA Football - Born out of Madden's, well everything. There are very few differences. As far as graphics and gameplay go, the same game with a different coat of paint.

AFL - Madden with less players and indoors, no diffs.

SOCCER:

I've played Winning Eleven 9 and I've played EA's version. The overall agreement seems to be that FIFA by EA doesn't hold a candle to W.E. I've played various years and it's seems unchanged.

WWII:

The Medal of Honor series has become so mangled and twisted it's unbelievable. Their attempts to make this a realistic war game seem to have halted altogether. European assault was embarassing. EA seems to think that WWII was fought mostly by one man taking down entire Axis forces. Brothers In Arms kicked EA in the teeth it's first year out and made them choke on them the second go. BIA has squad command aspects very similar to those in Full Spectrum Warrior and the system works extremely well. It tells an actual story from the war and Ubisoft stays true to the nature of combat. While it doesn't make a game, gore and language do, in some capacity, tell the story. I'm thinking EA kept MoH "T" to appeal to a younger audience and the parents that buy their games.

Some of EA's franchises were fun in the first few years, dating back to the days of PS one, but their apparent inability to move the franchises forward is frustrating. Even Madden on XBOX 360 is identical...the graphics shown on the back of the box of Hines Ward are over hyped and not typical.