PDA

View Full Version : Madden 07 Finheaven info

TheMageGandalf
08-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Ok, guys I was hopeing a few of my Finheaven brothers can help me out (if you can tear yourself away from the game long enough that is :wink: )

I want to know a few things about Madden 07 for the 360 since even the IGN review didnt realy specify anything. Sure they talked alot about Superstar mode and no owner mode but in all honesty I just want these questions answered if possible.

1. I know theres no 'owner' mode. BUT, whats that mean exactly. I bought Madden every other year or sometimes longer so I am not entirely sure what owner mode was comprised of. It means no...?

2. Franchise mode. Does it have this: a Draft AFTER the season ends, trading draft picks, scouting for draft picks, salary cap, free agency period, trading period, training camp before the season begins (like in Madden 2005), adjustable depth charts, pre-season games, retiring players?

Any info would be appreaciated. :D

EDIT: ALSO can you edit a player...say Sammy Morris edit him from being a FB to a RB or changing jersey numbers, attributes things like that?

mor911
08-22-2006, 03:17 PM
1. No owner mode... Meaning you can't modify the coaches salaries and adjust how much we charge for stadium tickets and parking. You know, owner stuff :lol:

2. I don't know, haven't finished my 1st season.

3. No, they took out the ability to modify player's attributes. Trying to keep 3rd party rosters off the market I guess.

Nappy Roots
08-22-2006, 03:34 PM
1. No owner mode... Meaning you can't modify the coaches salaries and adjust how much we charge for stadium tickets and parking. You know, owner stuff :lol:

3. No, they took out the ability to modify player's attributes. Trying to keep 3rd party rosters off the market I guess.

you cant edit players attributes at all? like say i wanna bump Welker up to 75 then save the rosters...you cant do that?

mor911
08-22-2006, 03:39 PM
you cant edit players attributes at all? like say i wanna bump Welker up to 75 then save the rosters...you cant do that?:shakeno: nope. EA took it out.

Nappy Roots
08-22-2006, 03:44 PM
:shakeno: nope. EA took it out.

wtf?

man thats dumb as ****....that pisses me off :fire:

Stitches
08-22-2006, 04:02 PM
wtf?

man thats dumb as ****....that pisses me off :fire:

Why's that piss you off so much?

'Man, I can't make Eddie Moore into a 99?!?! WTF!!?!? I mean he should be at this point in his career, considering he was a 2nd round pick from a top University. EA is just a bunch of bias *******s.'

Nappy Roots
08-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Why's that piss you off so much?

'Man, I can't make Eddie Moore into a 99?!?! WTF!!?!? I mean he should be at this point in his career, considering he was a 2nd round pick from a top University. EA is just a bunch of bias *******s.'

nah, how about "man, Maddens ratings are horrible, WTF? i cant make it real life"

nice try though :rolleyes2

TheMageGandalf
08-22-2006, 04:11 PM

cool, thanks for the update bro.

I figured owner mode was just the little aspects of stadium stuff or moving a team which i thought was neat in Madden 2005 but it wasn't like I couldnt live with out pricing my hamburgers and stuff like that. I maybe looked at that stuff two times during a whole season, if that.

The player edit feature was nice to have and it kind of pisses me off too though not because I cant edit the attributes, more so depth chart wise which raises my next question.

ALTHOUGH, even if you cant edit someone from fullback to runningback can you at least play them at runningback if they are a fullback through the depth chart?

Or say a listed LT play him at guard or center?

or are you stuck having to play them at their respective position?

What about create-a-player like say I wanted to create Fred Evans or Marcus Vick, can I do that in franchise or is that out just like edit player?

TheMageGandalf
08-22-2006, 04:15 PM

Actually you know what, I liked hiring and firing coaches.

First thing I did was simulate the season and get rid of Wannstedt when I first got Madden 2005. :D

mor911
08-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Actually you know what, I liked hiring and firing coaches.

First thing I did was simulate the season and get rid of Wannstedt when I first got Madden 2005. :D
I never said I didn't like it :evil:

What about create-a-player like say I wanted to create Fred Evans or Marcus Vick, can I do that in franchise or is that out just like edit player?

Yes, you can create a player... HOWEVER, you don't get to fully pick where his attributes go... It least I haven't figured it out.

Stitches
08-22-2006, 04:19 PM
nah, how about "man, Maddens ratings are horrible, WTF? i cant make it real life"

They aren't horrible. Every team has a few misgivings. I think Wes Welker gets a solid rating with 66. If he had a 75, then I would think he could sufficiently perform as a number 2 reciever in most offenses. However, he is at best a 3rd reciever(who in the game is supplanted by a rookie, making him the 4th WR). There is a reason why his spot on the team was in question when Kelly Campbell was healthy. If he was in real life 75 on a scale of 100, he would be in no danger of not making it as at least the 5th wide out. 66 is fair.

mor911
08-22-2006, 04:21 PM
I think Wes should have been in the 70s. Even if it was 70 or 71. It's Wes Welker, the little receiver that could.

Stitches
08-22-2006, 04:22 PM
I think Wes should have been in the 70s. Even if it was 70 or 71. It's Wes Welker, the little receiver that could.

Chugga chugga chugga chugga, Toot TOOT!!!

Nappy Roots
08-22-2006, 04:22 PM
They aren't horrible. Every team has a few misgivings. I think Wes Welker gets a solid rating with 66. If he had a 75, then I would think he could sufficiently perform as a number 2 reciever in most offenses. However, he is at best a 3rd reciever(who in the game is supplanted by a rookie, making him the 4th WR). There is a reason why his spot on the team was in question when Kelly Campbell was healthy. If he was in real life 75 on a scale of 100, he would be in no danger of not making it as at least the 5th wide out. 66 is fair.

and daunte culpepper having 85 accuracy? :roflmao:

Stitches
08-22-2006, 04:23 PM
I think the most glaring misgiving to the dolphins ratings, are Culpepper's accuracy, J. Allen's speed and accelleration, and D. Pope's overall rating. Sure Welker could have been like a 69, but 66 isn't that bad(one mini-camp and he's over 70).

TheMageGandalf
08-22-2006, 04:24 PM

Im not that concerned with attributes if the game lets you take part in Training camp before the season starts since you gain points that way.

Also, if the game advances your stats depending on how good your player is performing throughout the season.

I think in 2005 your guy would advance (if he was worthy) like every 4 weeks somethign like that.

If this game has that then I dont mind not being able to mess with the stats.

Stitches
08-22-2006, 04:24 PM

Like I said, every team has the same thing happen to them with players.

Motion
08-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Yeah thats a joke.

Especially since.....
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

TheMageGandalf
08-22-2006, 04:28 PM
I never said I didn't like it :evil:

Yes, you can create a player... HOWEVER, you don't get to fully pick where his attributes go... It least I haven't figured it out.

Hmm..ok...well my next question might take awhile to answer then depending on how fast you complete the season.

One thing I'd do would be to draft a rookie RB whose name was like John Davis and switch his name to Ronnie Brown or a linebacker to Channing Crowder.

Although if you can't edit a player I doubt you can edit rookies, so I am not keeping my hopes up.

Nappy Roots
08-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Like I said, every team has the same thing happen to them with players.

and teyo johnson rated a 75? and mike pearson rated like an 80 something? those guys are getting cut from our team, their 60s...if their 70 and 80, welker, pope, wright, bell, tillman, and lemon should MUCH higher. did you see the free agents in 2005? the ones that couldnt get a job? there must of been 20 in the 80s..pathetic.

face it, the attributes are bad. i dont take advantage of the attributes because i like real life better then fantasy, and the madden ratings arent real life....but, if someone wants to pump eddie moore up to a 90, why not let them? are they hurting anyone? did they not play 60 dollars for the game?

thats why it pisses me off :shakeno:

mor911
08-22-2006, 04:37 PM
did they not play 60 dollars for the game?

that's what it is right there.... We payed OUR MONEY... We should be able to do wtf we want... Who cares if they don't like our attributes.

I'm with you 110% bro

Stitches
08-22-2006, 04:41 PM
and teyo johnson rated a 75? and mike pearson rated like an 80 something? those guys are getting cut from our team, their 60s...if their 70 and 80, welker, pope, wright, bell, tillman, and lemon should MUCH higher. did you see the free agents in 2005? the ones that couldnt get a job? there must of been 20 in the 80s..pathetic.

face it, the attributes are bad. i dont take advantage of the attributes because i like real life better then fantasy, and the madden ratings arent real life....but, if someone wants to pump eddie moore up to a 90, why not let them? are they hurting anyone? did they not play 60 dollars for the game?

thats why it pisses me off :shakeno:

All I know, is if it bothers you that much, don't get it. Or wait, so you don't pay $60 for it. An update will come, and that will correct some of the problems. And I'm not facing anything, because I don't think the attributes are bad. Could they be better? Yes. Could they be worse? Of course. They will never be perfect. Never. And if someone thinks they can go change every player so each and every attribute is represented correctly, then they are fooling themselves.

Stitches
08-22-2006, 04:50 PM
And I think the Madden ratings are pretty close to real life. On paper so many players should be performing considerably better than what they show on the field. It is those players(like Pearson, Teyo Johnson, and Eddie Moore) who get what appears to be a high rating. Players like Welker, Bell, and Pope for example, have certain immeasurables that translate onto the field, but not into a videogame. It's just not a big deal to me I guess. Now, I see your point, in that you paid for it, and want to change it. That's understandable that you feel you should have the right to change it if you want(since that option had been there in the past). I'm just saying I don't think the ratings are as bad as you are trying to make them out to be.

Nappy Roots
08-22-2006, 05:02 PM
And I think the Madden ratings are pretty close to real life. On paper so many players should be performing considerably better than what they show on the field. It is those players(like Pearson, Teyo Johnson, and Eddie Moore) who get what appears to be a high rating. Players like Welker, Bell, and Pope for example, have certain immeasurables that translate onto the field, but not into a videogame. It's just not a big deal to me I guess. Now, I see your point, in that you paid for it, and want to change it. That's understandable that you feel you should have the right to change it if you want(since that option had been there in the past). I'm just saying I don't think the ratings are as bad as you are trying to make them out to be.

that makes no sense....the players have attributes that dont translate on the field, so its OK that their on field attributes are better then those who play head and shoulders above the others?

OK....if Eddie Moore runs a 4.5 and Pope a 5.0 ...put Moore faster. but put his awarness and tackling, and strength and acceleration down so his rating isnt higher..

also, to your previous point, I dont have online, nor can i get it right now as it seems, so therefor i cant wait till the rosters get updated. im stuck with the wrong rosters forever...

PressCoverage
08-22-2006, 05:04 PM

here's what's a nice try.... you proclaiming you have a better grasp of a game's player ratings than the makers themselves .. a game that you still agree to pay $60 for every summer...

your opinion of where players fall doesn't hold any more weight than Mel Kiper's ...

nothing irks me more than going to a "Friend's" house to play him in madden, only to find out he tweaked his "Jon Vilma" to 99s because it's "clear as day he's the best"... whatever... :rolleyes2

Nappy Roots
08-22-2006, 05:16 PM
here's what's a nice try.... you proclaiming you have a better grasp of a game's player ratings than the makers themselves .. a game that you still agree to pay $60 for every summer...

your opinion of where players fall doesn't hold any more weight than Mel Kiper's ...

nothing irks me more than going to a "Friend's" house to play him in madden, only to find out he tweaked his "Jon Vilma" to 99s because it's "clear as day he's the best"... whatever... :rolleyes2

alright your right. Eddie Moore is better than Derrick Pope. Mike Pearson is clearly better then Joe Berger, Anthony Alabi, Seth McKinney, and Damion McIntosh..what was i thinking? please.

im not saying that i know everyones perfect attributes, but its clear i know who should be rated higher then the next guy.

like i said, i like real life, i dont pump the guys up to 99. i would however pump Dauntes accuracy up..but clearly i dont know more then them... i mean, one of the most accurate passers in NFL history definitly is only about 85 accuracy.

UltraDol-Fan
08-22-2006, 05:37 PM

the point is, though, that in the past Madden games would let you change the ratings, which would make his opinion the only one that matters, especially since it's his game

Stitches
08-22-2006, 06:11 PM
that makes no sense....the players have attributes that dont translate on the field, so its OK that their on field attributes are better then those who play head and shoulders above the others?

OK....if Eddie Moore runs a 4.5 and Pope a 5.0 ...put Moore faster. but put his awarness and tackling, and strength and acceleration down so his rating isnt higher..

also, to your previous point, I dont have online, nor can i get it right now as it seems, so therefor i cant wait till the rosters get updated. im stuck with the wrong rosters forever...

It does make sense though(at least to me), with certain players and teams being 'paper champions,' and therefore rated higher. For so long the Bucs had all those stellar players, and the Colts have been like that recently, but they can't win it all as a team. I mean, just because you are rated so high, it doesn't automatically make you a better player or a better team. Percieved rating isn't everything.

UltraDol-Fan
08-22-2006, 07:56 PM
In a game though the rating is all that matters...the game can't tell if you're an 85 on paper or an 85 in game play.

TheMageGandalf
08-22-2006, 08:32 PM
that's what it is right there.... We payed OUR MONEY... We should be able to do wtf we want... Who cares if they don't like our attributes.

I'm with you 110% bro

Hell yeah.

You know what pisses me off.

These guys are at E3 and hear basically everyone groan and be like "WTF??" when they said the 360 version wont have the Superstar mode.

So what do they do? They immediately work on it and GET IT DONE in a matter of a few months.

If they could do that then they should've gotten off their butts and made every single feature in the old one available in the new one but they didn't.

If it wasn't because Circuit City has it on sale and I have over $80 worth of Best Buy reward zone money, I'd wait for the game to be like $30.

However I do have reward zone money and its on sale so I'll go ahead and get it :goof:

Silverphin
08-22-2006, 08:50 PM

But come on. I'm not going to speak for other teams, but ****. We know for a fact Derrick Pope is a lot better than Eddie Moore. We know for a fact, Wes Welker should be in the low-to-mid seventies, etc, etc. Know what I mean?

Dors156
08-22-2006, 09:37 PM
for some reason madden for the 360 is awsome but has dissapointments to it.they better fix all that next year.i love the game but they limit you more than the ps2 and reg xbox version

HVACservice
08-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Its not even about who has the most accurate ratings, Developer vs Purchaser.

Its the simple fact that if I want to give C-Pep a 90 in accuracy instead of the 85 given by the developer.....I should be a able to. Its my F-ing money. Its my Game. If I want to create an unrealistic roster....who give a *^%$?

Dumping the ability to "edit roster" is ******ed.

Im still getting it tomorrow though :tongue:

Barry20
08-22-2006, 10:21 PM
things i have noticed missing since playing madden 07

No changing a players ratings
No training camp before preseason in franchise mode
You can't even change a players position. for instance hadnot is listed as a guard and i want to change him to center. i cant do that
cant change jersey numbers

its these little things that bother me

JL25
08-22-2006, 10:40 PM
does the 360 have team specific defensive playbooks?

Tetragrammaton
08-22-2006, 11:02 PM
things i have noticed missing since playing madden 07

No changing a players ratings
No training camp before preseason in franchise mode
You can't even change a players position. for instance hadnot is listed as a guard and i want to change him to center. i cant do that
cant change jersey numbers

its these little things that bother me

I dont know about changing ratings, but I switched Hadnot, Hill, and the others, and I did training camp before preseason.

Breed
08-22-2006, 11:17 PM
I dont know about changing ratings, but I switched Hadnot, Hill, and the others, and I did training camp before preseason.

Was this on the PS2/XBox version or the 360 version?

HysterikiLL
08-23-2006, 02:51 AM
Gotta give Tiburon and EA some sympathy for the ****-ups. They can't help Sony have been lazy with the PS3. They're stuck in a hard place where the next-gen development is really being hindered. Once the PS3 comes out, they can finally move foward again and get the current gen creative team into next gen to fix everything up. Madden 06 and 07 are really transition games into the next gen.

Motion
08-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Gotta give Tiburon and EA some sympathy for the ****-ups. They can't help Sony have been lazy with the PS3. They're stuck in a hard place where the next-gen development is really being hindered. Once the PS3 comes out, they can finally move foward again and get the current gen creative team into next gen to fix everything up. Madden 06 and 07 are really transition games into the next gen.

So its Sony's fault that Madden has bugs??? :confused: Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The PS3 will be able to handle anything the 360 can run, so all they had to do is set it up on 360 as best they could, and they didn't.

SR 7
08-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Yea but what I don't like is how there are no teams in the 70s or lower in overall. Ur tellin me arizona is only 2 overall ratings away from pitts? Plzzzzzz. I do love miamis 88 tho even tho the secondary is horrible! W. Allen gets burned play after play. His coverage sucks n daniels is ok. Only guy 2 inpress n actually commit a TO is j allen which made my day. The lb core is horribke as well. We have no talent aside from cc n zt. We need speed in the lb core n some good db's. rb is a greattt back but our line isn't too good at opening holes.
And cooper at S is blahhhhh but havin cooper as our S in rush attack is horrrrrrrrrrible and having s. Morris being the fb in it. 2 key disapointments.

mor911
08-23-2006, 04:37 PM
When you play online, you have to do a roster update. Miami is a 90 online :D

TheMageGandalf
08-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Was this on the PS2/XBox version or the 360 version?

yeah, i'd like to know too because i simulated a season and when i got to the next season i didnt have a training camp session.

not to mention i couldn't change player positions and/or jersey numbers etc. etc.

although for me the no training camp was the biggest disappointment.

EDIT: Sure there's mini camp games, but i didnt see any way to do them before the season started or during the season, at least i haven't figured out how yet. just when you create a player, which BTW if you suck at the mini games the player you create will have crap stats. i tried to create Fred Evans and my final stats gave me a 12. if anyone knows how to use the mini camp games before, during, or after the season on the 360, let me know please.

TheMageGandalf
08-23-2006, 06:20 PM
When you play online, you have to do a roster update. Miami is a 90 online :D

really? i tried going online and i didnt get any roster updates.

is there somewhere in the menu you need to go to to get it or did it come out today?

FiN FaN KeViN
08-25-2006, 02:14 PM
really? i tried going online and i didnt get any roster updates.

is there somewhere in the menu you need to go to to get it or did it come out today? roster update dont come out till the sep 5th i think but madden 07 on ps2 i can mess with the attrubites and have training camp before preseason

mor911
08-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Evertime I played online (I have it on 360, and I only played twice) it's made me do some roster doohickie.

FiN FaN KeViN
08-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Evertime I played online (I have it on 360, and I only played twice) it's made me do some roster doohickie. o i know i havent got any yet went to news on it and said 1st roster update comes out i think the sep 5th before are game aginst pit

mor911
08-25-2006, 02:42 PM
On PS2 or 360?

FiN FaN KeViN
08-25-2006, 02:49 PM
ps2