PDA

View Full Version : Team needs for the 07 draft.

Mike13
08-22-2006, 10:35 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/aeneeds.html

It sounds about right, although I would include DT as a need. I would like us to get a young guy.

Skeet84
08-23-2006, 02:40 AM

It sounds about right, although I would include DT as a need. I would like us to get a young guy.

I don't think we need a DT I mean we have three guys we need have learn and improve on our system now (Manny is kinda up in the air tho). I don't think we have a real need at OT next year. I was think more CB, OG, LB, and Best Player available. Lets also not forget Joey Harrington will not be around forever so a QB to learn a system would not be too bad either.

Straztheman
08-23-2006, 09:39 AM
i think its still too early too tell because you dont know who we'll get in FA or who will retire or be released

Mike13
08-23-2006, 11:47 AM
i think its still too early too tell because you dont know who we'll get in FA or who will retire or be released

tru dat.

FINFAN_4_EVER
08-23-2006, 10:44 PM
i cant beleive they wouldnt put a corner or saftey as one of our neeeds...:tantrum:

Nappy Roots
08-23-2006, 11:23 PM
RB? unless Sammy Morris isnt around next year, we wont need a RB. he will open everyones eyes this year, hes a good RB period.

and i agree, CB should be on that list without a doubt.

Mike13
08-24-2006, 10:58 AM
RB? unless Sammy Morris isnt around next year, we wont need a RB. he will open everyones eyes this year, hes a good RB period.

and i agree, CB should be on that list without a doubt.

That depends on how the secondary peforms this year IMO.

finfansince72
08-26-2006, 04:56 AM
Oline has to be at the top.

Mike13
08-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Yeah at the very least we could always use more depth in the OL.

MelbournePhin
08-27-2006, 02:45 PM
LB, DE, and CB with our first 3 picks

Tigers2003
08-28-2006, 01:07 AM
Yeah at the very least we could always use more depth in the OL.

True. You can never have enough. Of course it comes down to how they peform the rest of the way. But, if Anderson continues to disappoint, Seth is slow to come back, and if the balance is not good as in pass protection far better than run blocking than going after someone who is projected at RG could be need. That is taking an OL no later than third round.

On other needs regardless of any improvement in the secondary another CB needs to be taken. DT is not as much as a concern except for depth. I think young talent being groomed is what Fred Evans was all about in this year's draft.

LB is not a top need. But, I can see it in mid rounds if there is a gem out there to good to pass up. It happens all the time that due to injury history or poor combine stats, or the fact a prospect comes from a small program top talent drops beyond 3rd round into the 4th and beyond. Because of our LB situation we can take a chance on trying to get a talent that slips through the cracks.

Mike13
08-28-2006, 10:04 AM
The thing is that ZT isnt getting any younger and we could use another young LB.

randy9
08-28-2006, 07:34 PM
The thing is that ZT isnt getting any younger and we could use another young LB.
If he were available when we pick, I'd love to see the Fins get Pozlusky the middle linebacker from Penn State.
Smart, athletic kid with a great motor.

Mike13
08-29-2006, 12:14 AM
Blades wouldn't be a bad oick up either IMO.

weisdolphins
08-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Their mock draft has us selecting at number 23 and getting Levi Brown, OT Penn St.

Mike13
08-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Their mock draft has us selecting at number 23 and getting Levi Brown, OT Penn St.

Is he good?

primetime23
09-03-2006, 05:16 AM
we need a db or ol in the draft of 07, that so long ahead.

LostInPatsLand
09-03-2006, 02:17 PM
LT,LT, LT. Did I say LT?

Mike13
09-05-2006, 12:26 PM
LT,LT, LT. Did I say LT?

We'll have to see how LJ pans out.

unifiedtheory
09-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Saban will do the usual....best player available.

We don't know how Shelton will pan out or if Toldeo will end up a good starter.

I THINK we're in good shape at right tackle, left guard and center.

We do need another front seven player though, especially a linebacker. A pass rushing outside linebacker would be a big boost in my opinion.

Kdawg954
09-06-2006, 07:58 AM
They are pretty on point with needs except they should definetly have CB in there. Personally I think thats the most pressing need. Not that Will Allen and company can't be successful (I think they will do very good), but just a guy who can come in and learn the system and help the team produce. The first pick is usally best available . . . I could see Nick go LB with the first pick next year, either LB or Offensive Line . . . unless there is s stud in the secondary still there for us. I think we are fine at DLine right now, we will bring in somebody else again, but Nick seems to have a knack for getting good Lineman on D later in the draft.

Pocoloco
09-12-2006, 02:38 PM
If he's there, I could definately see Saban looking at Laron Landry, S, LSU. But he should be a top 15 pick

LouPhinFan
09-13-2006, 01:03 AM
I think a LB (MLB or OLB) should be a top priority. Saban usually goes for players that he knows or has played against from his days at LSU, so I bet he drafts that safety from LSU.

Coral Reefer
09-13-2006, 01:29 AM

You're right but I would also add CB to that list as well.

This is where we really are going to feel the major effects of the WannSpeil era. We have a lack of young talent that should just be coming into their own at certain positions.

People are going to have to realize that Saban and Mueller are having to fill more holes than they have draft picks for the first couple of years.

That lack of any young talent coming over from the Wanny years may keep us from really contending for a championship anytime soon. All our draft picks are going to have to pan out to catch up.

WPBtoRNOFinFan
09-20-2006, 11:08 PM
We have four major needs this year:

-Pass rushing/playmaking OLB
-OL
-DB
-Young DL

I assume that we will take one of these in the first and the others in the later rounds

23Dolphins34
09-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Judging from watching the 1st 3 games, a LT is mandatory. It will probably have to come from the draft. Unless your wanting to overspend in FA on a LT, the draft is the way to go. Staying on the O-Line, a RG is needed as well. Don't know about Joe Toledo if he can handle it or not, but as a suggestion I'd draft a C, like the dude from Fresno St (whose name escapes me) and move Hadnot to RG. I'm unsure of Jeno James as well.

An ILB is needed, a replacement for Zach, Buster Davis comes to mind. Same frame as ZT (5' 11" 240) and from the few games of FSU I've seen, fairly quick.

A SS, someone please get Tillman out of here. He is causing me to loose my voice from the yelling.

Miamifin23
09-25-2006, 09:37 PM
I really think we need to get faster on defense and add some youth. We went with Allen in the 1st round last year, (give him time, he'll be fine) who had a lot of speed at the S position. I think we need to go with LB. Either LB spots would be smart to upgrade. I love Thomas and he'll be good for us for at least another 2 years, but we need to get a kid in here that can step in at OLB until Zach is done, then step in as MLB.

jdcane98
09-28-2006, 11:16 AM
I think we need a blanket cover corner, The kid from Utah is an option, Weddle I think his name is. I'd also love to see us go OT in the 2nd round, Levi Brown will hopefully slip to early/mid 2nd and we can pick him up there. Dan Mozes (center) from West Va is another option, maybe even could slip down because of size. HB Blades from Pitt, Vince Hall from VT, and Woodley from Mich are all LB prospects we can look at, with Woodley being the true 3-4 DE/OLB we need. Tom Zib from ND is a safety we can look at that should slip to the 4th round or so. Tyrone Moss could be a TB we look at in the late rounds, he is a good short yardage back that will give us a goalline pounder. There's also an OG that i like from So Miss Travis Cooley. He's only about 280lbs but is a hard nose player with a lot of starts under his belt.

We obviously have a lot of needs, and to me, mostly on OL. I'd love to see us draft 3 OL in this draft, and 2 early. We need a shut down corner, as well as a safety we could groom with some time.

Witness
09-28-2006, 12:07 PM
LB, DE, and CB with our first 3 picks

yep

Stitches
09-28-2006, 01:01 PM
I think we need a blanket cover corner, The kid from Utah is an option, Weddle I think his name is. I'd also love to see us go OT in the 2nd round, Levi Brown will hopefully slip to early/mid 2nd and we can pick him up there. Dan Mozes (center) from West Va is another option, maybe even could slip down because of size. HB Blades from Pitt, Vince Hall from VT, and Woodley from Mich are all LB prospects we can look at, with Woodley being the true 3-4 DE/OLB we need. Tom Zib from ND is a safety we can look at that should slip to the 4th round or so. Tyrone Moss could be a TB we look at in the late rounds, he is a good short yardage back that will give us a goalline pounder. There's also an OG that i like from So Miss Travis Cooley. He's only about 280lbs but is a hard nose player with a lot of starts under his belt.

We obviously have a lot of needs, and to me, mostly on OL. I'd love to see us draft 3 OL in this draft, and 2 early. We need a shut down corner, as well as a safety we could groom with some time.

Unless Tom Zibikowski gets hurt, he will go way earlier than the 4th. He's one of the top 25 prospects in collee football right now.