PDA

View Full Version : dirty disk error-xbox(please read)

King Felix
08-23-2006, 02:19 AM
well i just dirty disked like 5 game in a row of madden 07.....its not the disk cuz its been happening to me on nba 2k6 also.....so my question is does any1 know how to fix this?!?!

Slappy8800
08-23-2006, 02:30 AM
buy a 360?

King Felix
08-23-2006, 02:44 AM
if i had the money

Slappy8800
08-23-2006, 02:52 AM
rob a liquor store

americanmoose84
08-23-2006, 03:13 AM
buy a 360?
Alas that wont help either because the 360 has the same problem. It has happened to me three times twice with NCAA 07 and Chromehounds. It is actually pretty common place with NCAA 07.

Predaphin
08-23-2006, 03:27 AM
well i just dirty disked like 5 game in a row of madden 07.....its not the disk cuz its been happening to me on nba 2k6 also.....so my question is does any1 know how to fix this?!?!

I dont know but my freind's xbox is doing the same thing. He doesn't think it's the game either, but he's hasn't been able to finish one madden game.

King Felix
08-23-2006, 03:39 AM
ive finished like 6 games....and dropped about 6 also

Stitches
08-23-2006, 07:17 AM
On 360, it's happened to me at least 10 times on NCAA.

Alkahall
08-23-2006, 07:41 AM
Open up the xbox and clean the laser. There are a bunch a tuts on the next for how to open in. And some to even adjust your laser power.

UltraDol-Fan
08-23-2006, 09:47 AM
my buddy had this happen to him awhile ago, usually it's a sign your xbox is about to crap out on you

Springveldt
08-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Open up the xbox and clean the laser. There are a bunch a tuts on the next for how to open in. And some to even adjust your laser power.
I would not go arsing around with the laser power in your XBox, sure wat to feck it up.
Sounds like your laser is on the way out though tbh.
The 360 runs into this problem due to the speed the discs are spun (the thing is like an aeroplane about to take off, it's louder than the wife's vacumm cleaner) at and the fact the disc quality is crap. I've had a couple of discs crack on me.

Amars
08-23-2006, 11:45 AM
look like you may be out of luck. Google it you may find a solution.

Timmy54
08-23-2006, 11:49 AM
i am glad i havent dipped into the savings to get an xbox or 360 yet. All i hear about are probelms like these. I will wait till the bugs are somewhat resolved

mor911
08-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Open up the xbox and clean the laser. There are a bunch a tuts on the next for how to open in. And some to even adjust your laser power.:yeahthat:

It's actually an easy fix. Open the Xbox and clean the lens. At worst, you can buy a new optical drive for about $20 on eBay (much cheaper than buying a new Xbox).

UltraDol-Fan
08-23-2006, 12:04 PM
i am glad i havent dipped into the savings to get an xbox or 360 yet. All i hear about are probelms like these. I will wait till the bugs are somewhat resolved

I believe he is talking about the regular XBox...

nevadadolfan
08-23-2006, 12:56 PM
I had that problem as well, and looked it all up on the internet, and I guess Microsoft contracted 3 diff. companys to supply drives for the xbox. Well the 1st run of boxes got some Thomson drives, which I guess have the most dirty disk errors. Thats what I had. I tried to buy a Samsung or Phillips but there way too much $$$ now, so I got a new Thomson on ebay thinking it would at least work for a few more years, not so much. I played it for a month before I started getting those damn errors again, So I dont know were Im going with this, other that I share your pain!!!! I got one of those lens cleaner disks, which seems to help a bit, but it still gets errors now and then. Maybe I should just open the box and clean the lens, like mentioned before.

Amars
08-23-2006, 01:16 PM
I had that problem as well, and looked it all up on the internet, and I guess Microsoft contracted 3 diff. companys to supply drives for the xbox. Well the 1st run of boxes got some Thomson drives, which I guess have the most dirty disk errors. Thats what I had. I tried to buy a Samsung or Phillips but there way too much $$$ now, so I got a new Thomson on ebay thinking it would at least work for a few more years, not so much. I played it for a month before I started getting those damn errors again, So I dont know were Im going with this, other that I share your pain!!!! I got one of those lens cleaner disks, which seems to help a bit, but it still gets errors now and then. Maybe I should just open the box and clean the lens, like mentioned before.

I guess im lucky so far. I got my xbox the first day it came out and have had no problem. But I play with ps2 more.

mor911
08-23-2006, 01:26 PM
All of the problems I'm ever had with my Xbox were caused by me.

americanmoose84
08-23-2006, 01:59 PM
I guess im lucky so far. I got my xbox the first day it came out and have had no problem. But I play with ps2 more.Nothing is safe I will never forget the first time I got the Disc Read Error on my PS2. Now I am getting dirty disc on ym X360.

nevadadolfan
08-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Thats the one nice thing about cartridges, I guess!!! I can still fire up the ol N64 and not worry about it crashing.

BlitPhinFan
08-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Nothing is safe I will never forget the first time I got the Disc Read Error on my PS2. Now I am getting dirty disc on ym X360.
I've got the dreaded 3 red flashing lights of death, on the Ring of Light, on my 360. The first time I got it, I just unplugged it for about a minute and plugged it back in and it worked great again for about a month. Now it's back and it won't go away. I followed the directions here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534
I also unplugged the wireless ethernet adapter when I unplugged the hard drive as well, and still the same result. The power light is still illuminated and is green, so following the two links further down doesn't pertain to my situation.

I just now put in a support ticket, but thought I would see what others have found, if they have experienced it. On a side note, my overly abused(by the kids) first run Xbox is still working flawlessly. heh

Anyone else have this one happen?

EDIT: I did some more digging and found this: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

My results from getting the error code: 0102 unknown error - literally means the console does not know what is wrong. possibly a short or cold solder joint somewhere. So far there is 1 major theory for what causes most of these errors is that the Ram, CPU, or GPU are not soldered properly to the mother board This can be solved by re-Heating the chips (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=484726&view=findpost&p=3550914) DO NOT attempt this if your console is still under warranty. If your console is still under warranty return it to the store where it was purchased or call MS to have it replaced. :boohoo:

Not good! :mad:

EDIT2: After going through that thread I posted about the error codes, it seems there is some good information that many could find usefull. I hope it helps someone on here.

King Felix
08-23-2006, 10:41 PM
i really dont want to open up my xbox........but if thats what fixes it i guess ill have to

King Felix
08-23-2006, 11:28 PM
..............man i really dont want to open it up when i open it can i just blow a fan on it or something?!?!

i need some help.......i really want to play madden

Amars
08-24-2006, 12:43 AM
..............man i really dont want to open it up when i open it can i just blow a fan on it or something?!?!

i need some help.......i really want to play madden

:lol: Its not like the old NES days. Blow in the NES and the cartridge, rubbing alcohal on the cartridge to clean it, 2 games ontop of each others. The good ole days.

ThePats
08-24-2006, 12:50 AM
Does it just happen with certain games?

I always had this problem with PS2, Xbox many times, 360 NO TIMES.

I always used to leave my disks in the console when I have them off but I have not done that with my 360 and never had a problem. There is definitley some problems you may encounter leaving disks in the system when its off.

JuanchoColombia
08-24-2006, 01:18 AM

yep, I have a modded xbox with a thompson drive and is a pain in the ***. I have this problem with some games no mather the dvd brand I use, while other games never freeze. This almost never happens with the samsung drives, I give away a lot of games that don't work on mine, but then work fine on a friend's samsung xbox.

to know which one is yours, here are the ones:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/08/drives20upnu6-1.jpg

King Felix
08-24-2006, 01:37 AM
i think ihave a thompson ill check when i get home