PDA

View Full Version : GTA:Vice City Stories

Motion
08-23-2006, 10:14 AM
I've heard alot of rumors about this game and did some searching on it. Vice City is by far my favorite GTA so I'm really looking forward to this one as I've heard its alot bigger and better than the actual Vice City game.

The new issue of Australian Gamepro magazine includes an exclusive interview with Rockstar, which includes the first details about the next GTA game on PSP. From what the article displays, it seems like GTA fans are in for a great new experience!

• Victor Vance (Lance Vance's brother) is the main (and playable) character. Victor is 28 years old, a marine, and has said to be in 'peak physical condition'.
• Vice City Stories takes place in 1984, and the game is told to be two times as big as in GTA: Vice City.
• New and improved animations, characters will show more 'emotion'.
• A staple of the series, new vehicles, such as jet-skis.
• Unlike in LCS, you can now swim.
• VCS will feature a multiplayer mode very similar (if not identical) to the multiplayer shown in LCS.
• New weather effects (hurricanes!)
• More variation in missions.
• New water effects, including new effects for the new jetskis.
•The radio stations featured in Vice City will return, complete with new songs from the 80's.
• New loading system in VCS (for example, there are now only slight pauses before missions)
• Improved draw distances, said to be better than other titles.
• Increased density of pedestrians, cars, etc.
• Less "clumping" ('clumping" is where groups of pedestrians, using the same model, would appear together)
• A new theme park is introduced in Ocean Beach, complete with a rideable (and in first-person, too!) ferris wheel.
• Trip Skips (first introduced in GTA: Vice City) return in VCS.

However, there are some negatives...

• No character or vehicle customization.
• No climbing (such as in San Andreas).
• No integration between outdoor and indoor areas (a few seconds of load time seems probable).

mor911
08-23-2006, 10:30 AM
I hope it's better than Liberty City Stories... Let me clarify. GTA:LCS was a great PSP game. It's probably my favorite PSP game to date. It looks great, plays great, and sounds great.

GTA:LCS was a horrible PS2 game. That was one of the worst ports I've ever seen. Bad graphics (for PS2), choppy animations, very poor draw distance, (great sound track though... I love the opening score).... Infact, it looks like that didn't even change anything from the PSP.

NOTE TO DEVELOPERS -- The PSP is a weaker system than the PS2... Despite what Sony says, the PS2 is a much more powerful machine. That's not a bad thing. They should have took a little effort to PS2-ize the game a little more. It doesn't support any HD resolutions... I can go on and on.

I understand they only charged me $20 because it was a port... but jeez..

/rant

Ok so yeah. I can't wait for Vice City Stories. :D

/me is crazy

Motion
08-23-2006, 11:11 AM
I hope it's better than Liberty City Stories... Let me clarify. GTA:LCS was a great PSP game. It's probably my favorite PSP game to date. It looks great, plays great, and sounds great.

GTA:LCS was a horrible PS2 game. That was one of the worst ports I've ever seen. Bad graphics (for PS2), choppy animations, very poor draw distance, (great sound track though... I love the opening score).... Infact, it looks like that didn't even change anything from the PSP.

NOTE TO DEVELOPERS -- The PSP is a weaker system than the PS2... Despite what Sony says, the PS2 is a much more powerful machine. That's not a bad thing. They should have took a little effort to PS2-ize the game a little more. It doesn't support any HD resolutions... I can go on and on.

I understand they only charged me $20 because it was a port... but jeez..

/rant

Ok so yeah. I can't wait for Vice City Stories. :D

/me is crazy:crazy:
I'd LOVE to see them put Vice City Stories on PS3, although I know they won't because that would diminish the effect of GTA4 on Next Gen.

SKing29
08-23-2006, 12:02 PM
The game sounds great.....now only if I had a PSP :fire:

Motion
08-23-2006, 12:04 PM
The game sounds great.....now only if I had a PSP :fire:

:lol: Exactly, I'm looking forward to the port! I hope they don't water it down.

Daytona Fin
08-23-2006, 01:01 PM
http://www.gtavice.com/news/index.php

Motion
08-23-2006, 01:04 PM
http://www.gtavice.com/news/index.php

Looks like I'll be buying a PSP. :(

In other news, according to the folks over at 1Up (http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=255140), it seems that Vice City Stories will not go the way of it's Liberty City predecessor. Although it may seem a bit premature, keep in mind that the forthcoming release of the PS3 means that the PS2 will be nudged out of the spotlight, much in the same way that the XBox was nudged aside when the 360 was released. In a nutshell, this means that VCS will remain a PSP exclusive.

Motion
08-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Can't believe it took them so long to put jetski's in the game.

mor911
08-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Looks like I'll be buying a PSP. :(My PSP is collecting dust... It's the most over rated system I own... Pissed me off that the PS3 interface is EXACTLY the same as the PSP.

Motion
08-23-2006, 01:18 PM
My PSP is collecting dust... It's the most over rated system I own... Pissed me off that the PS3 interface is EXACTLY the same as the PSP.

I just don't think a game that deep works as well on a portable with such a small screen. When I play GTA I want a big screen so I can see everything well.

mor911
08-23-2006, 01:25 PM
Liberty City Stories is the sole reason I still have that thing. imo the DS > PSP

Motion
09-15-2006, 12:43 PM
IGN Preview (http://psp.ign.com/articles/732/732639p1.html)

Man, I wish this was coming out for PS2. :(

Motion
11-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Got this on the way from Gamefly, jacking my cousin's PSP for a few days. :D

mor911
11-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Will download it when I get home.... the trailers that is...

Motion
11-01-2006, 03:51 PM
I still don't think I'm gonna be able to handle GTA on a handheld though.

mor911
11-01-2006, 04:06 PM
I still don't think I'm gonna be able to handle GTA on a handheld though.
It deffinitely takes some getting used to.

Motion
11-01-2006, 04:19 PM
It deffinitely takes some getting used to.

I'm sure. Last game I played on a PSP was Socom and it damn near gave me motion sickness :lol:

Miami 13
11-01-2006, 08:17 PM
GTA: VCS is AWESOME. I am addicted to this game like crazy! If you own a PSP then this is a no brainer to get this obviously.

Caps
11-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Wow, VCS is amazing. In some ways, it could be the best of the series. Gameplay-wise, it is limited by the PSP and is not as good as SA was in that department, but it is fantastic in it's own right.

I think this is the best story that a GTA game has ever had. I don't want to spoil anything but it is the most involved, emotional and sad story that has been put to a videogame in a while, both with one scene in particular near the end(which I won't spoil, but if you've played it you know what I'm talking about) and our knowledge of Vic's ultimate fate.

If any of you have beaten the game, I'd love to discuss it. Also, if any of you are stuck on some tough missions, I'd be happy to answer questions or help you along.

Motion
11-13-2006, 10:32 AM
So I finally got a chance to play this over the weekend. Rented it from Gamefly and borrowed my cousin's PSP. I must say my previous concerns about the game being limited because of the handheld proved true. Both the controls and the screen size really take away from an otherwise great game. I would LOVE to play this on PS2 on my big screen. But I have a hard time getting into it on a PSP.