PDA

View Full Version : bash my opinions here!

Slappy8800
08-24-2006, 02:58 AM
ok since im not allowed to have my own opinions heres is a thread where u can bash them....where shall i start?

Wes Welker is highly overrated. You people have blinders on when it comes to him.

Our six game winning streak at the end of last year wasnt that impressive. Who did we beat? Not to mention we got crushed by the BROWNS.

I dont like culpepper. I think hes highly inconsistent and fumbles way too often foor us to be successful.

Im not ready to declare us a playoff team this year. There are way too many questions on both sides of the ball.

so there ya go....bash away

GoBills24
08-24-2006, 03:13 AM
ok since im not allowed to have my own opinions heres is a thread where u can bash them....where shall i start?

Wes Welker is highly overrated. You people have blinders on when it comes to him.

Our six game winning streak at the end of last year wasnt that impressive. Who did we beat? Not to mention we got crushed by the BROWNS.

I dont like culpepper. I think hes highly inconsistent and fumbles way too often foor us to be successful.

Im not ready to declare us a playoff team this year. There are way too many questions on both sides of the ball.

Bravo!

Encore, Encore!!

:D

ThePats
08-24-2006, 03:16 AM

I could not agree more. :)

d-day
08-24-2006, 03:19 AM
:lol: - 2 posts, 2 thumbs up - you should prolly just stick to posting here slappy

Slappy8800
08-24-2006, 03:20 AM
lol nah i like when they get all uppity at me...when i posted i never thought of the opposite reaction id get from Jills and Patsies fans

ThePats
08-24-2006, 03:22 AM
lol nah i like when they get all uppity at me...when i posted i never thought of the opposite reaction id get from Jills and Patsies fans
:tongue:

like2god
08-24-2006, 03:23 AM

Slappy's been drinking. :lol:

j/k bro. I agree with some of the things you said.

Slappy8800
08-24-2006, 03:53 AM
this thread has gone the total opposite direction than i thought!

BradyGodofFish
08-24-2006, 08:51 AM
this thread has gone the total opposite direction than i thought!

when you're right it's hard to argue :)

retired opfinistic
08-24-2006, 08:52 AM

Agreed, he did well enough last year, but he is overrated.

Disagree, the Browns game was the catalyst that got the team in gear and a six game winning streak is impressive, even if five of those games are against the Bills.

Look for coaching to make a difference here, Pepper has got the raw talent to win games, and with our receiving corps and running game he is set up for success.

Im not ready to declare us a playoff team this year. There are way too many questions on both sides of the ball.Every team has questions. Hopefully we've got the answers as well.

o there ya go....bash awayokay, you suck!:wink:

Majpain
08-24-2006, 10:06 AM

We beat the chargers... It doesnt matter who the team is, we went 4-12 before that I think just going on such a streak to end the season was huge.

Thats not dauntes fault its the O-line. You dont give him enough time or protection he willbe inconsistant. You forgot Daunte had a mvp year 2-3 years ago.

What do you mean after 2 preseason games your making your judgements...

Slappy im dissapointed in you.:shakeno:

B-lo
08-24-2006, 10:09 AM
WOW!!!! A dolphag w/ BRAINS??:D Honesty is great, the rest of these HOMER'S around here should try it. You have Potential to be very good this year, but there are questions just like on every team. But you listen to some of these Lombardi's around here and you guys are already playing at home in Feb.?????? Since were on the truth at this post, the Bills will finish 3rd in the division this year just in front of the jets, but far behind the phags and Patsy's!IMO

retired opfinistic
08-24-2006, 10:33 AM
WOW!!!! A dolphag w/ BRAINS??:D Honesty is great, the rest of these HOMER'S around here should try it. You have Potential to be very good this year, but there are questions just like on every team. But you listen to some of these Lombardi's around here and you guys are already playing at home in Feb.?????? Since were on the truth at this post, the Bills will finish 3rd in the division this year just in front of the jets, but far behind the phags and Patsy's!IMOThe first intelligent remark you every made!!!

Have a cookie!

B-lo
08-24-2006, 11:00 AM
The first intelligent remark you every made!!!

Have a cookie! Yea , best grammatically written sentence you ever wrote!:rolleyes: You can't tell me I've been a homer, I'm a realistic fan, UNLIKE all you superbowl contenders around here!:sidelol:

retired opfinistic
08-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Yea , best grammatically written sentence you ever wrote!:rolleyes: You can't tell me I've been a homer, I'm a realistic fan, UNLIKE all you superbowl contenders around here!:sidelol:stop being a wheasle! I never said super bowl, but playoffs and division....we are set to make that move.

Mike13
08-24-2006, 11:45 AM
UNLIKE all you superbowl contenders around here!:sidelol:

The only thing I have predicted is that we will get to the playoffs, and we could maybe win the divison.

1) You are right, people here do overrate him, he's an above average WR but he is by no means a great WR as some would think. I think people here really love him because of his heart and versitility(sp?)

2) Some of those teams at that point in the year were actually decent, in reterospect they blew, but there is another point to this, they came together as a team, and they won.

3) Better coaching could fix some of his flaws, they call Tice Meathead for a reason you know, and he hasnt lost alot of those fumbles.

4) Alot of teams have questions, we'll just have to see how this team develops.

On a side note, I had no idea that people were bashing you.

EBMisfit
08-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Wes Welker is highly overrated. You people have blinders on when it comes to him.I think he's overacchieved about as much as one can so far, although I wouldn't mind him proving me wrong.

Our six game winning streak at the end of last year wasnt that impressive. Who did we beat?First, the Chargers (who ended NE's 21 game home win streak and the first team to beat the Colts last year). Second, only Pittsburgh I think ended the year with a longer winning streak. Third, the 'Phins didn't choose their opponents, the schedule makers did. They could only beat who they played.

Not to mention we got crushed by the BROWNS.But the 'Phins also beat Denver and Carolina, which more than makes up for it.

I dont like culpepper. I think hes highly inconsistent and fumbles way too often foor us to be successful.That may be something that's correctable, it may not. It's possible that he simply was trying to do too much on his own with very little support in terms of talent outside of Moss.

Im not ready to declare us a playoff team this year. There are way too many questions on both sides of the ball.It's not something I would bet my life savings on, since there's too many factors involved, but I don't see why they couldn't if they stay healthy.

so there ya go....bash awayI hope I've avoided that as much as possible.

like2god
08-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Since were on the truth at this post, the Bills will finish 3rd in the division this year just in front of the jets,
Wrong.

The Jets are going to surprise people and win 6 - 8 games.

but far behind the phags and Patsy's!IMO

Why did you name the Patriots twice?

Motion
08-24-2006, 01:00 PM

I agree, He's the underdog. People like to root for the underdog.

San Diego was a very good win, the comeback agianst the Bills showed alot of heart, the other games we should have won anyway, and the Patsies game shouldn't have been so close with Cassell in there.

Culpepper has the highest completion % in NFL history, if given the time he can do the job. Yes, he needs to take better care of the ball. I do think he can lead us to a SB though.

Secondary is the only major question I see, maybe OLB. If Saban can work some magic with the secondary I definitely see us as a playoff team and a division winner. Our passrush should be even better than the franchise record tying group from last year.

B-lo
08-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Wrong.

The Jets are going to surprise people and win 6 - 8 games.

Why did you name the Patriots twice?Hey fuk face got the winning lottery #"S, since you KNOW i'm wrong? If you could read I wrote IMO, but you might be a little behind that?

like2god
08-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Hey fuk face got the winning lottery #"S, since you KNOW i'm wrong? If you could read I wrote IMO, but you might be a little behind that?

Wow, a few months in jail sure made you b1tchy. :lol:

B-lo
08-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Wow, a few months in jail sure made you b1tchy. :lol: NO! Ignorance irritates me!:refuse:

like2god
08-24-2006, 01:27 PM
NO! Ignorance irritates me!:refuse:

You really should see somebody about that, self-loathing is not something you want to fool around with. :wink:

SpurzN703
08-24-2006, 01:31 PM
when you're right it's hard to argue :)

If we went 15-1 last year and won the Super Bowl, Pats fans would still come in here and bash us.

But hey as long as you like to be yourself, why not have a good time? Sucks to be you, but more power to ya brother

ThePats
08-24-2006, 01:48 PM
I think he's overacchieved about as much as one can so far, although I wouldn't mind him proving me wrong.

First, the Chargers (who ended NE's 21 game home win streak and the first team to beat the Colts last year). Second, only Pittsburgh I think ended the year with a longer winning streak. Third, the 'Phins didn't choose their opponents, the schedule makers did. They could only beat who they played.

The Chargers are also a highly inconsistent team regardless of who they beat the next game they could lose to a way lesser opponent.

But the 'Phins also beat Denver and Carolina, which more than makes up for it.

But the Dolphins 6 game winning streak came against teams with a combined record of 36-51. They beat 2 winning teams and 4 losing teams in that streak.They beat 4 winning teams total during the season.

That may be something that's correctable, it may not. It's possible that he simply was trying to do too much on his own with very little support in terms of talent outside of Moss.

Daunte has great talent. With Chambers it will be a good help for him. He still can be a bad decision maker a lot of the times but I wont doubt his talent. I expect him to have a good season not an all-pro caliber 2004 season like he had. But he'll be good.
I put in some responses there.

retired opfinistic
08-24-2006, 01:56 PM
NO! Ignorance irritates me!:refuse:Must suck to be you. self-loathing is very damaging.

retired opfinistic
08-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Must suck to be you. self-loathing is very damaging.:lol: just read your post L2G :lol:

like2god
08-24-2006, 02:39 PM
:lol: just read your post L2G :lol:

:lol:

Great minds think like me. :wink:

B-lo
08-24-2006, 03:04 PM
:lol:

Great minds think like me. :wink: You to are just 2 peas in a pot! How "cute" for you 2 phaggats!:sidelol:

EBMisfit
08-24-2006, 03:09 PM
You to are just 2 peas in a pot! How "cute" for you 2 phaggats!:sidelol:If anyone's a "phaggat", I would think the one calling two guys "cute" would be a more likely suspect.

BwanaZulia
08-24-2006, 03:13 PM

You have valid points.

- Wes Walker I am not sure on. Haven't seen enough of him.

- The 6 game winning streak was against the worst teams that year and most of them were only by a few points. A win is a win, but that is nothing to crow about.

- Culpepper can be very good, but he is older, coming back from injury and if he doesn't get protection you will be staring at Joey for the rest of the year which is not good.

- Playoffs could be made if Culpepper returns to his form from two years ago, Ronnie Brown can take all of the snaps and if the secondary shores up. You also have to hope for the Pats to take a dive this year.

BZ

retired opfinistic
08-24-2006, 03:24 PM
If anyone's a "phaggat", I would think the one calling two guys "cute" would be a more likely suspect.:lol: also named blow!:rolleyes:

like2god
08-24-2006, 03:28 PM
You to are just 2 peas in a pot! How "cute" for you 2 phaggats!:sidelol:

Really? I thought the saying was "two peas in a pod", but what do I know? :shakeno:

And I noticed that you sure like that :sidelol: alot. Must bring back fond memories for you, you know.....of rolling around on the floor in jail while opening your mouth really wide.

EBMisfit
08-24-2006, 03:28 PM
The Chargers are also a highly inconsistent team regardless of who they beat the next game they could lose to a way lesser opponent.Either they're a good team or the same about being inconsistent and losing to a way lesser opponent is also true about New England and Indianapolis.

But the Dolphins 6 game winning streak came against teams with a combined record of 36-51. They beat 2 winning teams and 4 losing teams in that streak.Ahem...

Third, the 'Phins didn't choose their opponents, the schedule makers did. They could only beat who they played.I'm not trying to portray the win streak as the greatest thing since sliced bread (that would be the 'Phins' perfect season, btw:D), just that it's somewhere between the two extremes.

Daunte has great talent. With Chambers it will be a good help for him. He still can be a bad decision maker a lot of the times but I wont doubt his talent. I expect him to have a good season not an all-pro caliber 2004 season like he had. But he'll be good.
I won't disagree with you there, as I think he'll need a year to get back fully into the swing of the game and the OL is still a work in progress. But who knows about next year?

Link
08-24-2006, 07:32 PM

I agree here, he has heart and plays the role of the underdog. People always root for these kinds of players. I mean look at the way backup QBs are treated. However, I do not think he should be looked at as our long-term option at third or forth receiver. He is a great guy to have on special teams, but not much more. Hagan will likely prove this by taking the third receiving slot.

It is hard to deny the Brown's lost or the fact that we only beat two teams with chances at the playoffs, the Paphetics making them. That should not take away from the streak. That streak marked the team becoming a team and playing like one. Good teams are suppose to beat bad ones.

He will be fine. Yes, he will make mistakes, but you have to realize he is now surrounded by much more talent then any year with the Vikings. That does not mean mistakes will not happen especially while the offense grows together and Daunte gets use to all of his new teammates.

Me neither, but I am hoping. There is just way too much that can happen between now and week 17 to automatically say we are a destined playoff team. The probability is good that we make the playoffs though.

There is no need.

Swantoon
08-24-2006, 07:47 PM
You to are just 2 peas in a pot!

It's 2 peas in a pod

ThePats
08-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Either they're a good team or the same about being inconsistent and losing to a way lesser opponent is also true about New England and Indianapolis.

The Chargers are constantly praised as the best team not to make the playoffs. We'll then why the heck dont they make the playoffs? Because they are a very inconsistent team. I can admit early on last season the Patriots were inconsistent.

Ahem...
I'm not trying to portray the win streak as the greatest thing since sliced bread (that would be the 'Phins' perfect season, btw:D), just that it's somewhere between the two extremes.

Yeah the Fins did not choose their schedule, and since they faced 4 losing teams in their last six I dont see the big impressiveness or best coaching job of the year all because of it. They beat two good teams, I'll give them credit but they beat 4 bad teams which isnt necesarily hard since the Fins were decent last year.

I won't disagree with you there, as I think he'll need a year to get back fully into the swing of the game and the OL is still a work in progress. But who knows about next year?

I dont know at all. If he has a season like last year then he is clearly BAD, but it wont happen so there is nothing to worry about. He will finally have a good running game so his game will be a lot better than last years.