PDA

View Full Version : No 3rd Party Wii Titles Online Capable Till 2007... WTF?

mor911
08-25-2006, 01:52 PM
IGN just did an article on Tony Hawk for the Wii... Forget Tony Hawk, the last paragraph in the article explains that Nintendo isn't allowing 3rd party developers access to the Wifi connection until 2007. So the Wii Madden will only be multyplayer on the same TV? WTF is up with that?

The game will feature a four-player mode and Activision is attempting to "make everything that's available in the single-player mode available in the multiplayer one, too." We don't have details about the mode, but it will be four-player split-screen in nature. Gamers hoping for an online component, however, are in for bad news, because one isn't planned. Activision would not say why, but IGN has separately learned from multiple development sources that Nintendo will not release Wii Wi-Fi Connection libraries to third parties until early 2007, which means that no third party launch title will have an online mode.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/728/728041p1.html

Get Up And Go
08-25-2006, 02:56 PM
All well, I can wait.

UltraDol-Fan
08-25-2006, 03:02 PM
that blows

TrueDolFan
08-25-2006, 04:14 PM
There goes IGN spreading rumors again...
Why would Nintendo do that? I wouldn't trust that article until Activision themselves, or somebody ACTUALLY INVOLVED in anything to do with the Wii confirms it.

mor911
08-25-2006, 04:16 PM
My question is... Why would abruptly just make something like that up? They're reviews are iffy imo, and they're coverage is overated... But I've never known them as liars.

All we need is a 3rd party Wii game that confirms online play, and the rumor is dismissed. Even if so, why would activision make the 360 and PS3 Tony Hawk online multiplayer and the Wii 4 player split screen. It makes no sense.

Mike13
08-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Thats strange.

Why would abruptly just make something like that up?

PFT has no problem doing that.

Link
08-26-2006, 01:18 AM
My question is... Why would abruptly just make something like that up? They're reviews are iffy imo, and they're coverage is overated... But I've never known them as liars.

All we need is a 3rd party Wii game that confirms online play, and the rumor is dismissed. Even if so, why would activision make the 360 and PS3 Tony Hawk online multiplayer and the Wii 4 player split screen. It makes no sense.

You can't spell IGNorant without IGN! :goof: