PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it will happen again?

Adam First
08-26-2006, 03:39 PM
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at5+shtml/175237.shtml?5day?large

I wouldn't be too comfy if I were a resident of New Orleans right now.

greatwade
08-26-2006, 03:42 PM
I think the left coast, Tampa/Sarasota/Brandenton may be in trouble too. It's very tough to tell. We'll know more in just 2 days.

Roman529
08-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Of course New Orleans will be hit again...maybe not this year, but it will likely get hit again soon. Might be time to realize you don't build or rebuild places 8 feet below sea level. :rolleyes:

Amars
08-26-2006, 04:33 PM
:eek: It may but I dont think it will be as strong as Katrina. I hope.

Wombat
08-26-2006, 04:57 PM
May god help us :boohoo:

King Felix
08-26-2006, 09:07 PM
hope every1 gets through ok :wink:

Mike13
08-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Lets hope its not a strong storm.

dolfan72734me
08-27-2006, 07:24 AM

Pffft...New Orleans?
The center of that projected path takes it right to the MS/AL coast....where I live. And in case people forget, like the media tends to do, the Mississippi coast was obliterated. Not just flooded, but obliterated.
Bucaneer state park in Waveland is still full of tents that people are living in.
Sorry, but I am sick of hearing about New Orleans.

cnc66
08-27-2006, 07:54 AM
I care very little about NO..they chose to re-elect Nagin...no sympathy from me any more. I think the Florida panhandle has more to worry about along with lower Alabama and the Mississippi coast. As 72734me said, there is a lot of problems that we know nothing about because NO took the spotlight. Here is the forecast map;
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

here is the computer "spaghetti" models;

I would be VERY concerned if I lived on the left coast of Florida, anywhere from Tampa north. This storm is forecast to make a right turn and SOMEONE is going to get a hurricane...maybe as strong as a Cat. 3. Along that stretch of coast, storm surge will be a killer again. Having a Cat 3 hurricane forecast to turn right offshore would have me on my toes. Hell, I hope it doesn't make the turn early and come up the center of the state....it wouldn't be Cat 3 but it would NOT be fun....I was SO hoping not to get one in the mouth this year.... D-Day could be getting it bad by Weds sunup.

DolphinDevil28
08-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Pffft...New Orleans?
The center of that projected path takes it right to the MS/AL coast....where I live. And in case people forget, like the media tends to do, the Mississippi coast was obliterated. Not just flooded, but obliterated.
Bucaneer state park in Waveland is still full of tents that people are living in.
Sorry, but I am sick of hearing about New Orleans.

I live in New Orleans, and I DEFINITELY agree with this.

You hit the nail right on the head. Both cities suffered horrible devistation. New Orleans with flooding, and Mississippi/Alabama with structural damage. There are homes in waveland, Diamondhead, Pascagoula and around Mobile that are still just flat slabs. Not even a remnant of a home left.

And besides, people in those areas didn't friggin shoot at the helicopters that came to give them food and water.

Ronnie 23
08-27-2006, 01:56 PM
i don't know maybe

byroan
08-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Yesterday it was headed straight through New Orleans. It's changed a lot.

greatwade
08-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Yesterday it was headed straight through New Orleans. It's changed a lot.

and notice my 8/26 post.

With Mayfield reportedly leaving, I'm fielding all sorts of calls begging ME to replace him :cooldude:

Nappy Roots
08-27-2006, 02:11 PM
now it looks like we are ****ed as of now...

Roman529
08-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Y'all need to move here to Colorado where we don't get hurricanes, earthquakes, rarely get floods or tornados, just an occasional blizzard every now and then but nothing to kill you. :tongue:

cnc66
08-27-2006, 02:52 PM
up

Metal Panda
08-27-2006, 03:00 PM

Way too be early to be speculating like that. We can barely tell at this stage if it will hit Florida or not, and to speculate on Nawlins is really difficult right now.

Metal Panda
08-27-2006, 03:03 PM
I care very little about NO..they chose to re-elect Nagin...no sympathy from me any more. .

You keep saying this, and it keeps sounding more childish and inane each time.

dolfan72734me
08-27-2006, 09:21 PM
You keep saying this, and it keeps sounding more childish and inane each time.
Why, because he speaks the truth?
Ray Nagin is a freaking moron. There is nothing childish or inane about that. Just pure fact.

Dors156
08-27-2006, 09:22 PM
:nono:

Nappy Roots
08-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Ray Nagin is a freaking moron. There is nothing childish or inane about that. Just pure fact.

people dying, and its not childish to say, its their fault cause of who they voted for?

dolfan72734me
08-27-2006, 09:27 PM
people dying, and its not childish to say, its their fault cause of who they voted for?
What does that have to do with him being an idiot?

Metal Panda
08-27-2006, 10:24 PM

The man doesn't speak the truth, because he also indicts those whom didn't vote for Nagin at all. It is absolutely childish to withhold sympathy because of political disagreement, besides.

Or is that too hard to comprehend for you?

Metal Panda
08-27-2006, 10:25 PM

Ok, it's definitely clear you aren't paying attention at all.

cnc withdrew his sympathy/support for the people of New Orleans since Nagin was re-elected. Nappy is completely on topic.

Of course, now cnc's post is edited to just say "up"......

Mike13
08-27-2006, 10:57 PM

This was on Miami.com

Perfect23
08-27-2006, 11:04 PM
if it happens it happens u cant stop nature dosent matter people will just get new houses down there again even if they didnt have one before Katrina

dolfan72734me
08-27-2006, 11:12 PM
The man doesn't speak the truth, because he also indicts those whom didn't vote for Nagin at all. It is absolutely childish to withhold sympathy because of political disagreement, besides.

Or is that too hard to comprehend for you?
Too hard for me to comprehend? Bro, you know what you can do with that.
Do you have any first hand experience with what has gone on around here? Or do you just follow what tv leads you to?
I meant that he speaks the truth about Nagin. My comments have nothing to do with who did or did not vote for him.
I can see the point about those who didn't vote for him. But that stupid, smart *** remark about can I comprehend it? And right after you say something else is absolutely childish? Does it make you feel better with a comment like that.
I have NO respect for you now. I sincerely wish you were right down here in the middle of the crap, instead of just being on the outside looking in.

Majpain
08-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Does this mean their going to cancel the last Dolphin preseason game?

Nappy Roots
08-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Does this mean their going to cancel the last Dolphin preseason game?

no it will be gone by then.

Nappy Roots
08-27-2006, 11:36 PM

were obviously speaking on different stuff.

dolfan72734me
08-28-2006, 12:09 AM
were obviously speaking on different stuff.
Yeah, we are. I will sympathize with the people, especially the ones who didn't vote fot Nagin. That isn't what I was agreeing with him on. It was the fact that Nagin is not cut out to be the mayor of N.O.
My bad.

DolphinDevil28
08-28-2006, 02:00 AM
It cracks me up that some of you are beating each other up about what happened in New Orleans one year ago and politics and such.

Most of you, sans dolfan7273, have no idea what it was like to live through the ****ing crap.

Just pray for nothing more serious than a tropical storm to happen, because if any of you live through what me and my friends lived through, you won't be happy.

Good day.

dolfan72734me
08-28-2006, 02:20 AM
It cracks me up that some of you are beating each other up about what happened in New Orleans one year ago and politics and such.

Most of you, sans dolfan7273, have no idea what it was like to live through the ****ing crap.

Just pray for nothing more serious than a tropical storm to happen, because if any of you live through what me and my friends lived through, you won't be happy.

Good day.
Bro, I tell ya, since seeing that original projected track, I have been massively stressed. I am dealing with more PTSD now than when it hit last year, even though I am in Mobile now.
I am just praying with everything I have that NONE of us have to experience it again.

Motion
08-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Good Luck to all you guys down there.

greatwade
08-28-2006, 09:41 AM
cone of uncertainty! time to crank up the Eddie. Mayor Nagin is my chocolate hero.

Spray Mucus
08-28-2006, 10:44 AM
:eek: It may but I dont think it will be as strong as Katrina. I hope.

Jason Taylor is a witness to that.

Perfect23
08-28-2006, 10:54 AM

Good day.

spoken like a pro

Metal Panda
08-29-2006, 09:21 PM
I meant that he speaks the truth about Nagin. My comments have nothing to do with who did or did not vote for him.
I can see the point about those who didn't vote for him. .

My point was that you responded as if Nappy was off topic in regards to his critique of CNC's point when he wasn't. I have no issues with people criticizing Nagin, but it's a bit childish to basically imply "to hell with everyone who lived there since they voted for a guy I don't support". Obviously you agree, based on your post on the last page of the thread, despite the fact you dislike Nagin as well. So no point in arguing that further.

I sympathize with all who suffered last year, even you..i'll chalk up your last sentence to frustration. My last sentence, albeit a little cranky, was just pointing out that you were missing the points Nappy and I were making about CNC's statement withdrawing his support for Nawlins because of whom was elected. I wouldn't remotely insinuate I'd know what you all went through, because I don't. Doesn't mean I don't care, though.

dolfan72734me
08-30-2006, 01:59 AM
My point was that you responded as if Nappy was off topic in regards to his critique of CNC's point when he wasn't. I have no issues with people criticizing Nagin, but it's a bit childish to basically imply "to hell with everyone who lived there since they voted for a guy I don't support". Obviously you agree, based on your post on the last page of the thread, despite the fact you dislike Nagin as well. So no point in arguing that further.

I sympathize with all who suffered last year, even you..i'll chalk up your last sentence to frustration. My last sentence, albeit a little cranky, was just pointing out that you were missing the points Nappy and I were making about CNC's statement withdrawing his support for Nawlins because of whom was elected. I wouldn't remotely insinuate I'd know what you all went through, because I don't. Doesn't mean I don't care, though.
I got ya. I am just overly sensitive about the subject, though. I am especially tired of hearing about N.O.