PDA

View Full Version : Jeffery Jagoff Loria

greatwade
08-27-2006, 12:54 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/baseball/marlins/sfl-marnot27aug27,0,5956080.story?coll=sfla-sports-marlins

Poll of this owner's ineptness:

Alex44
08-27-2006, 04:39 PM
If Girardi ever does get let go they better replace him with someone already on the staff that will continue to do things the exact same way as him because he is the manager of the year for what he has done

My vote isnt an option, I simply say he is egotistical

phinphan896
08-27-2006, 06:12 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/baseball/marlins/sfl-marnot27aug27,0,5956080.story?coll=sfla-sports-marlins

Poll of this owner's ineptness:
this guy needs to shut his mouth. he should be jumping on girardi

miamikid92
08-27-2006, 11:05 PM
hate that guy

MikeO
08-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Girardi=2007 manager of the Chicago Cubs

And good for him, he is too good for that disaster down there in S.Florida. Their owner is nuts and doesn't deserve a team.

Ray Finkle
08-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Hey if Loria doesn't want him in Florida I'll take him in Boston anyday of the week. I think he's got a good baseball mind and knows the game well (as most catchers turned managers do).

Boik14
08-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Loria isnt the worst, he shelled out enough to get 2 titles but he is an egotistical poop who has lost it.

As alex said he deserves to be considered for manager of the year...its either him, narron or willie.....not to be on the firing squad.

Ray Finkle
08-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Loria isnt the worst, he shelled out enough to get 2 titles but he is an egotistical poop who has lost it.

As alex said he deserves to be considered for manager of the year...its either him, narron or willie.....not to be on the firing squad.

Loria only won 1 title if I'm not mistaken. He used to be the owner for the Expos until Henry bought the Red Sox, leaving the Marlin ownership opened which he took.

Again I may be mistaken but I think that's what happened.

Alex44
08-28-2006, 12:00 AM
Loria only won 1 title if I'm not mistaken. He used to be the owner for the Expos until Henry bought the Red Sox, leaving the Marlin ownership opened which he took.

Again I may be mistaken but I think that's what happened.

Your right

As for Girardi being fired

Both sides have denied there is any out clause, Girardi said 'Why would you sign a guy that isnt commited? Why would you give him a way out because he didnt want to be here?' or something along those lines.

Girardi has talked a LOT about what he and the team hope to do next year, so I dont think he is going anywhere, or they are doing a hell of a job hiding it

Ray Finkle
08-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Your right

As for Girardi being fired

Both sides have denied there is any out clause, Girardi said 'Why would you sign a guy that isnt commited? Why would you give him a way out because he didnt want to be here?' or something along those lines.

Girardi has talked a LOT about what he and the team hope to do next year, so I dont think he is going anywhere, or they are doing a hell of a job hiding it

I don't think he has an out clause in his contract but that won't stop Loria if he wants to fire the guy.

I think Girardi is doing a hell of a job. Hopefully Loria will come to his senses.

RWhitney014
08-28-2006, 12:07 AM
Haha, conspiracy theory time. I'll throw it out there even though I don't believe it at all, but it's perfect for message boards.

What if Girardi and Loria and the FO dreamed this whole thing up as a way to take pressure and attention off the players? We've been on fire lately while all of this has been going on, and the general reaction among Marlins fans has been disappointment that the story was Loria-Girardi and not the team. But maybe they recognize the players don't need the attention, so they staged something. Are they that smart and that good of actors?

Remember, I'm just bringing this up, not endorsing it, but discuss anyway.

Ray Finkle
08-28-2006, 12:10 AM
Haha, conspiracy theory time. I'll throw it out there even though I don't believe it at all, but it's perfect for message boards.

What if Girardi and Loria and the FO dreamed this whole thing up as a way to take pressure and attention off the players? We've been on fire lately while all of this has been going on, and the general reaction among Marlins fans has been disappointment that the story was Loria-Girardi and not the team. But maybe they recognize the players don't need the attention, so they staged something. Are they that smart and that good of actors?

Remember, I'm just bringing this up, not endorsing it, but discuss anyway.

I'd say crazy things have happened before....

Interesting thought.

Alex44
08-28-2006, 12:15 AM
I don't think he has an out clause in his contract but that won't stop Loria if he wants to fire the guy.

I think Girardi is doing a hell of a job. Hopefully Loria will come to his senses.

Of course not, but reporters keep saying he does, which IMO he doesnt

I think as long as Girardi keeps winning there wont be a problem

Prime Time
08-28-2006, 12:17 AM
Girardi=2007 manager of the Chicago Cubs

And good for him, he is too good for that disaster down there in S.Florida. Their owner is nuts and doesn't deserve a team.

:rolleyes: This owner won us a Championship in 2003...Steinbrenner hasn't been able to do that in forever and he buys every hott FA.

Kdawg954
08-28-2006, 02:48 AM
:rolleyes: This owner won us a Championship in 2003...Steinbrenner hasn't been able to do that in forever and he buys every hott FA.

Nah don't give Loria so much credit. We were building a championship team from young players and farm system players before Loria even got here. We have one of the best GM's in baseball in Larry Beinfest, who brought a coach in Jack McKeon who the young players really listened to and played for. In 2003 he made some killer moves like bringing in Pudge, Urbina, Conine. Now this year is even more amazing . . . Loria gives this man no payroll, and he just keep finding ways to put the right players on the field, getting the right coach. Loria is a nutcase for not giving Girardi no props for the success of this team, but he is right in saying his team staff deserves a ton of credit. The organization has done a spectacular job . . from the players to the coaches to the GM and front office, I mean everybody.

dominizzo
08-28-2006, 03:55 AM
HEs a loser!1 Irememeber him when he bought the Expos with Stepson Dave Samson!! These guys are horrible!!

MikeO
08-28-2006, 07:20 AM

forever=6 years :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

forever is the Cubs. Giants. Cardinals. Forever was the Red Sox at 86 years. Not having won it all in a measly 6 years!!!!!!!! Dude get a clue!

dob72
08-28-2006, 09:40 AM
forever=6 years :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

forever is the Cubs. Giants. Cardinals. Forever was the Red Sox at 86 years. Not having won it all in a measly 6 years!!!!!!!! Dude get a clue!
when u have the highest payroll in SPORTS HISTORY 6 years is forever

MikeO
08-28-2006, 10:05 AM
when u have the highest payroll in SPORTS HISTORY 6 years is forever

man your obsessed about that payroll thing. every post is payroll this payroll that.

You might need to seek help or something. Get over this obsession.

tucker
08-28-2006, 11:13 AM
if he goes to the cubs, he still wont get them to the playoffs..the cubs have more problems than just baker at the moment

MikeO
08-28-2006, 11:24 AM
if he goes to the cubs, he still wont get them to the playoffs..the cubs have more problems than just baker at the moment

baker wasn't their problem at all. the have injured pitching and they went out and signed a bunch of old washed up bums like pierre.

but, its his dream job. he loves the city. he loves the franchise. that is where he wants to go and that job will be open.

Plus there he doesn't have to put up with a nut-job owner, a terrible fan base, and have to worry about his stars being traded or the team being moved

dob72
08-28-2006, 11:47 AM
baker wasn't their problem at all. the have injured pitching and they went out and signed a bunch of old washed up bums like pierre.

pierre is on pace for about 196 hits and 58 sb 35 2b's 15 3b's pretty good for a wash up bum lmfao

MikeO
08-28-2006, 12:01 PM
pierre is on pace for about 196 hits and 58 sb 35 2b's 15 3b's pretty good for a wash up bum lmfao

he has 28 RBI's and 65 runs. He's a leadoff hitter with a horrible OBP%

That's awful!

dob72
08-28-2006, 01:27 PM
he has 28 RBI's and 65 runs. He's a leadoff hitter with a horrible OBP%

That's awful! he's on an awful team that had one run producer most of the season he would score atleast a 100 runs on a decent team and his obp is not great but not that bad either way he's hardly a wash up bum and by no means is the reason there so bad

FinsNYanksFan13
08-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Juan Pierre has improved his game. In the beginning of the season he was HORRIBLE but the last 2 months or so he's beem exactly what the Cubs thought they were getting....just not as quick as they thought they were going to get it!

dob72
08-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Juan Pierre has improved his game. In the beginning of the season he was HORRIBLE but the last 2 months or so he's beem exactly what the Cubs thought they were getting....just not as quick as they thought they were going to get it!
there whole season fell apart once they lost dlee even if he had another monster year they might not of been abe to overcome the IR duo

tucker
08-28-2006, 02:23 PM
loria is a scumbag tho..how do you not show credit to the manager for the job he has done...this is the guy he wanted too and now he becomes a baby b/c the manager says stfu

RWhitney014
08-28-2006, 04:00 PM
loria is a scumbag tho..how do you not show credit to the manager for the job he has done...this is the guy he wanted too and now he becomes a baby b/c the manager says stfu

I'm not defending Loria's actions, and I'm not claiming to know exactly what happened and what was said, but there aren't many professions where you can say those things to your boss and get away with it.