PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane

saynotocutler
08-27-2006, 01:17 PM
im not sure if anyone else has seen the new path for the hurricane but it keeps moving further and further east. in fact, it supposed to be hittin florida sometime thursday. so this is my question......if it does hit florida on thursday wat would happen wit the game thursday. would they move it to st. louis or just not play it or play it on wednesday?

Fresh
08-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Bring it on.......

I'd rather the hurricane hit us than New Orleans.

I'll take one for them, any day.

elandre
08-27-2006, 01:27 PM
They will probably move the game for Tuesday or Wednesday Night thats my guess and yea the last thing New Orleans needs is another hurricane plus i think Cuba is gonna weaken the storm so well see what happens lets just hope it moves out to sea and doesnt bother anyone :confused:

finfan297
08-27-2006, 01:27 PM
God help new orleans but I bet if another hurricane heads thier way Half of luisiana will be totaly vacant

DolphinDevil28
08-27-2006, 01:34 PM
I don't think this one is going to build up to the same power of Katrina. Not even close, actually. There are some factors here that weren't there for Katrina.

Also, I don't think it'll be a direct hit on Miami. It still may go to the panhandle.

jason8er
08-27-2006, 01:39 PM
They can play in the bubble. :lol:

DolphinDevil28
08-27-2006, 01:42 PM
im not sure if anyone else has seen the new path for the hurricane but it keeps moving further and further east. in fact, it supposed to be hittin florida sometime thursday. so this is my question......if it does hit florida on thursday wat would happen wit the game thursday. would they move it to st. louis or just not play it or play it on wednesday?

I know this is off topic, but your username looks a little ridiculous now, huh. :lol:

greatwade
08-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Tampa/St.Pete/Sarasota/Bradenton likely strike, IMHO.

Game on Thursday unaffected. They would NOT play in St. Louis. Resched, then cancel.

Roman529
08-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Looks like it is heading to D-Day's neck of the woods. :rolleyes2

Metal Panda
08-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Bring it on.......

I'd rather the hurricane hit us than New Orleans.

I'll take one for them, any day.

still not much of a tradeoff, as people will die.

Metal Panda
08-27-2006, 02:57 PM
There's no way to tell this far out where it will hit.

I remember when Ivan was coming, forecasts this far out actually had it directly impacting Central Florida, and it hit about 1% of Florida, in the panhandle.

On the flipside, people wrote Jeanne off, and it wheeled around and plowed through us.

I put much more faith in the forecasts when we get closer to 2-3 days. Just as I didn't put much faith in the fact that its early forecasts had it not hitting Florida, I also don't put much faith in it yet that it will.

One thing I do know for certain--it won't hit where they are saying it is going to now. Could still hit Florida, but a cone exists for a reason.

Fresh
08-27-2006, 03:19 PM
still not much of a tradeoff, as people will die.
Yeah, but I'd still rather take the hit. It'll probably be a category 1 or 2.

Regardless of how severe, I don't think the levee's can take another hit.

DeathStar
08-27-2006, 03:28 PM
**** it, i dont want the damn thing hitting here.

Metal Panda
08-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Yeah, but I'd still rather take the hit. It'll probably be a category 1 or 2.

Regardless of how severe, I don't think the levee's can take another hit.

I don't want it to go to Nawlins either, but I don't want it to come here either.

And 1 or 2 is nothing to shake a stick at, not to mention in recent years forecasters have underforecasted many storms. Charley wasn't supposed to hit Cat 4.

John Biello
08-27-2006, 05:18 PM
doesnt take long for people to start getting crazy around these parts huh. i thin im at least going to wait until we have a solid idea where its going before i **** my pants

lazareth
08-27-2006, 11:59 PM
doesnt take long for people to start getting crazy around these parts huh. i thin im at least going to wait until we have a solid idea where its going before i **** my pants
**** = lose :confused2

John Biello
08-28-2006, 12:34 AM
**** = Poop

RWhitney014
08-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Sorry, Blueprint, that's very noble of you, but this is one issue I'm selfish about, and I think a lot of people would agree. We've been affected by so many of these things the past few years, the wear and tear on homes and businesses and roads and everything else is starting to accumulate.

Life makes me laugh sometimes, though. The main reason I don't want to deal with this again (and I'm heading to Illinois for college in two weeks, so I'm just waiting till then as far as this is concerned) is that last year, about 3 hours before Wilma hit, my grandfather died. As you guys can imagine, it was devastatingly lonely. All that quiet and dark gives you a lot of time to think, especially when family and friends can't get to you, can't even talk to you. This storm's name? Ernesto. My grandfather's name? Ernest, Ernesto as a nickname.

Dolphin1184
08-28-2006, 12:53 AM
This thing may very well fall apart due to the mountains in cuba. It is definately one of the scenarios from NBC6. The intensity of a storm is VERY difficult to predict due to water vs land scenerios.

CharlestonPhan
08-28-2006, 01:26 AM
not so worried about the preseason game getting bumped so long as it doesnt affect my Gamecocks thursday night win over Miss State. :)

cnc66
08-28-2006, 05:49 AM
looks like Weds morning for me...maybe even a daybreak storm.... southern Florida will get it sooner

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

here are the spaghetti computer models..... damn..I was hoping none this year...

Miamian
08-28-2006, 09:33 AM
The storm will re-strengthen when it moves over the Straits of Florida. Just hope that it picks up travelling speed, so that it doesn't have time to strengthen too much before it hits Florida.

greatwade
08-28-2006, 09:56 AM
craptastic - I have less fortunate souls to help from southwest dade up to Jupiter. I have about 24 hours to do so, and fuel is already being bought up, I'm hearing. ah geez

mor911
08-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Here we go again... I'll be working the overnight this time... WooHoo!!!

A&O
08-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Hurricanes suck. I hope we do not get too many power outages this time. Cane Wilma was a drag so I hope this one is less of a monster. May god be with you and your families during the storm. Keep safe.

mor911
08-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Hurricanes suck. I hope we do not get too many power outages this time. Cane Wilma was a drag so I hope this one is less of a monster. May god be with you and your families during the storm. Keep safe.
Just to clarify, Hurricanes suck... meaning the tropically fueled bundles of fast moving humidity. THE Hurricanes are the best. :lol:

trate121hb
08-28-2006, 10:09 AM
theyll usually move it forward...we'll probably know by tomorrow

A&O
08-28-2006, 10:17 AM
UM is the best! Ernesto blows...wind.

Mike13
08-28-2006, 10:38 AM
According to NBC 6, its going to hit as a catgegory one.
11:00 Advisory:

Motion
08-28-2006, 11:33 AM
I know this is off topic, but your username looks a little ridiculous now, huh. :lol:

:yeahthat:

steeda
08-28-2006, 11:46 AM
I hate the anxiety of a hurricane heading in our direction. If this thing is going to hit South Fla, hurry up and do it.

Luckily for all of us down here, it won't be too bad.

Please stay safe fellow fin fans!!

Alex44
08-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Category 1 hurricanes are glorified thunderstorms basically

Unless you need specific medical attention, or go stand near a big pile of sharp wooden objects you will be fine

Anyway stay safe everyone

Mike13
08-28-2006, 12:16 PM
I hope this doesn't affect the game in any way.

greatwade
08-28-2006, 01:07 PM

Unless you need specific medical attention, or go stand near a big pile of sharp wooden objects you will be fine

should make for some fun Wednesday morning kite surfing

RWhitney014
08-28-2006, 01:37 PM

Glorified thunderstorms? Remember Katrina, the Florida version? That Cat 1 killed 7 people, if I remember. Especially after the damage structures took last year, a 1 could be the equivalent of a 3.

earl the pearl
08-28-2006, 05:49 PM
i'm currently putting my hurricane shutters up on my parents house down here....dang retirement house :fire: .

Wombat
08-28-2006, 06:32 PM
oh dear.

*puts up shudders*

cnc66
08-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Glorified thunderstorms? Remember Katrina, the Florida version? That Cat 1 killed 7 people, if I remember. Especially after the damage structures took last year, a 1 could be the equivalent of a 3.

he's a kid....

I watched and predicted that Katrina would defy the norm and intensify over Dade last year, Wilma being more than expected and Ivan spinning up just before landfall. There is a warm patch of water along the Florida southwest coast that feed all of them. The nightmare tomorrow is people like Alex sit around and do not prepare and the damned thing tightens up like Andrew or taps the warm water all around the peninsula and intensifies after it's too late. There is also Okeechobee lake...Wilma almost breached the dike and no-one is talking about it. This storm will certainly affect it..let us hope it doesn't let go.

Lappy
08-28-2006, 06:54 PM
he's a kid....

I watched and predicted that Katrina would defy the norm and intensify over Dade last year, Wilma being more than expected and Ivan spinning up just before landfall. There is a warm patch of water along the Florida southwest coast that feed all of them. The nightmare tomorrow is people like Alex sit around and do not prepare and the damned thing tightens up like Andrew or taps the warm water all around the peninsula and intensifies after it's too late. There is also Okeechobee lake...Wilma almost breached the dike and no-one is talking about it. This storm will certainly affect it..let us hope it doesn't let go.

WOW!

Good luck My Floridan Brotheren. I will say a Canadian prayer for you all.

d-day
08-28-2006, 07:00 PM
WOW!

Good luck My Floridan Brotheren. I will say a Canadian prayer for you all.

maple syrup is great, maple syrup is good
now i pour it on my food

305TillIDie
08-28-2006, 07:20 PM
hurricane?

:hide:

Mike13
08-28-2006, 10:57 PM
The gas lines here are insane!