PDA

View Full Version : Thank you baby Jesus-We didn't get T.O.

Gardenhead
08-27-2006, 04:38 PM
I wanted T.O. to sign with the Fins. A lot.

But man, I'm soooooo glad we did not!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2562846

If T.O. had signed with the Fins, we'd be engaged in a T.O. vs Saban debate, and I for one thank the baby Jesus that we didn't sign him.

Alex44
08-27-2006, 04:40 PM
IMO this one isnt his fault (even though I hate the guy)

If your hurt you cant play, and TO has shown he will play hurt, Parcells is just a jerk

MelbournePhin
08-27-2006, 04:41 PM
i hope his distractions kill the cowpatties

Gardenhead
08-27-2006, 04:44 PM

If your hurt you cant play, and TO has shown he will play hurt, Parcells is just a jerk

Exactly!!!

You are taking T.O.'s side in this one. You think Parcells is a jerk.
Others think T.O.'s the jerk.

It doesn't matter who's right or who's wrong. The point is that there is a debate. And that sucks for the Cowboys.

And that is why I'm glad he's not a Dolphin!

Alex44
08-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Exactly!!!

You are taking T.O.'s side in this one. You think Parcells is a jerk.
Others think T.O.'s the jerk.

It doesn't matter who's right or who's wrong. The point is that there is a debate. And that sucks for the Cowboys.

And that is why I'm glad he's not a Dolphin!

I dont think Saban would be trying to rush him and make him get on the field though is my point

I hate TO, I think he is pretty over rated, annoying, and a jerk to, but I dont think he is wrong on this

Still I am glad its not our team, but if it were our team I dont think it would be the same

Gardenhead
08-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Who knows how Saban would react to T.O. I'm glad we never will.

daniel3
08-27-2006, 04:50 PM
They're both jerks, but I really think Parcells is the biggest sob in that organization. He'd rather t.o. run around on a sprained ankle to satisfy his need to have total control than even cut the guy some slack due to it. Then he runs around acting like he wont play t.o. until he can completely evaluate his skills.

theFreak41
08-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Why's it always got to be BABY Jesus? Why not grown up Jesus?

Anyways, as to the issue of T.O. vs. Bill Parcells, I take Parcells side on this one everytime, simply because T.O. was dumb enough to say that he'd be there "when the team needs him". That tells me, and everyone else who's listening, that he could at least be practicing lightly. He's on a new team and, rather than being willing to show the right attitude, he has to start dictating terms.

Anyone remember when Bill Parcells called Terry Glenn 'she' back in Glenn's rookie year? I'm really shocked he hasn't started that with T.O., because he really deserves it, IMO...

undefeated72
08-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Is TO really to hurt to play (and who decided?) or does he just not want to practice?

I'm asking in earnest - not taking a side. What makes me wonder is a comment I heard from TO (Sports Center clip) where referring to last year he stated he didn't need to practice to play on Sunday.

RenoFinFan
08-27-2006, 05:08 PM

Exactly how is missing a team meeting and rehabilitation session and being late for an offensive meeting not his fault? That is what the $9,500 fine is for. Considering his history, the fact that he is not on the practice field much and that he is going to make $10 million dollars this year (including signing bonus) I think it is his responsibility to do those things.

PSUFinFan
08-27-2006, 05:09 PM
I think the media is blowing this one a little out of proportion. I mean so what, TO and Parcells can't agree on whether he is healthy enough to practice/play, there is a very similar situation in Cincinnati and no one seems to care. Carson Palmer has been refusing to play up until now eventhough the doctors cleared him and the coach wanted him in the game last week. But due to TO's history every questionable decision he makes for the rest of his career will be under a microscope. All that being said, its another added distraction that this team doesn't need and I am glad we didn't pick him up. But at the end of the season when he has racked up 1200 yards and 15 TD's I might be singing a different tune.

Roman529
08-27-2006, 05:11 PM
TO is "all about ME." This will never change no matter where he is at. I also am glad we passed on him. He is the Cowturds problem now.

:lol:

fin13
08-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Where there is smoke there is fire, after last year and what he did inPhilly he should try to be a better citizen, hell even Marcus Vick has changed his image in a few weeks, TO is a cancer and he will hurt the team, I know he's good but he should pay for his destructive behaviour.
I know he'll continue to do whatever he wants and some other team will pick him up.

FinsAreLife
08-27-2006, 05:25 PM
i hope his distractions kill the cowpatties

:chuckle: :yeahthat:

realist
08-27-2006, 05:30 PM
I think the media is blowing this one a little out of proportion. I mean so what, TO and Parcells can't agree on whether he is healthy enough to practice/play, there is a very similar situation in Cincinnati and no one seems to care. Carson Palmer has been refusing to play up until now eventhough the doctors cleared him and the coach wanted him in the game last week. But due to TO's history every questionable decision he makes for the rest of his career will be under a microscope. All that being said, its another added distraction that this team doesn't need and I am glad we didn't pick him up. But at the end of the season when he has racked up 1200 yards and 15 TD's I might be singing a different tune.

The problem is that TO's MRI should NO DAMAGE; whereas, Carson Palmer is returning form injury that one doctor described as shredded ligaments.

T.O. reffered to Parcells as "Bill" which is undermining Coach Parcell's authority. T.O missed meetings and REHAB treatments. T.O. can come to practice and wear a red shirt and do 'work within his comfort zone'; instead he stays out of practice because he knows the team invested MUCH in him and that if they cut him while 'injured' he can file a grievance.

Given his track record IF he truly is NOt a pain in the A__, then he should be doing his best to show the true side of him. Instead he is reinforcing the REALITY that he is a selfish locker-room cancer who happens to be talented.

IMO, Jones is the bigger problem. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 'Boys force a 2nd MRI just in case they want to cut him.

Never wanted him, glad we didn't sign him!

HybridPHIN 23
08-27-2006, 05:32 PM
The press created the T.O. monster that it is.

And it's nobody's fault but his own for missing / being late to sessions.
Thats why he was fined.

miaD5499
08-27-2006, 05:38 PM
the TO issue now in dallas is really blown up by the media, like parcells said the media is just waiting around for something controversial to come up and TO not practicing because of his injury and comming late seems to be a hot issue now but to me its really pointless because there are lists of players in similar situations as TO but dont get all the media coverage

Phinj
08-27-2006, 05:41 PM
There seems to be people who don't understand that an injury doesn't excuse you from team meetings. I don't care what his numbers are at the end of the year I am glad we did not get him. Just look at his history. He is a cancer.

John Biello
08-27-2006, 05:52 PM
hes an ******* but damn, if he was here chambers would be singled up all the time. along with mcmike.

cnc66
08-27-2006, 06:09 PM
hahahahaha couldn't happen to a better organization...I eagerly await the upcoming meltdown...

Dors156
08-27-2006, 06:34 PM
yea im glad.baby jesus:chuckle:

Gardenhead
08-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Man, these mods got itchy trigger fingers.

No reason to move this thread...if you even read it. It directly relates to the Dolphins and how great it is that we did not sign him.

MR NFLFAN
08-27-2006, 07:24 PM

I think they are both Jerks. This is two ego maniac's matched together in what surely will bring on a melt down. These two working together is just like taking two magnets with like poles facing each other they will do nothing but repel each other. I love it Jerry Jones shopped for the groceries and brought home an ingrediant that Parcells will have trouble blending into the meal. :shakeno:

MR NFLFAN
08-27-2006, 07:42 PM
the TO issue now in dallas is really blown up by the media, like parcells said the media is just waiting around for something controversial to come up and TO not practicing because of his injury and comming late seems to be a hot issue now but to me its really pointless because there are lists of players in similar situations as TO but dont get all the media coverage

I don't think there's any players in the same situation as T.O. He has been a cancer to every team he's played for and if he doesn't get things his way he will divide the team and turn it to Sh#t. I don't know of any other player with his past problems and thats what has put him in this situation. If you want to be part of the team then you have to be part of the team all the time not just when the cameras are rolling. This is proof that a spoiled child will grow to be a spoiled adult and remain a spoiled adult until he doesn't get his way all the time.

late again
08-27-2006, 07:50 PM
I think they are both Jerks. This is two ego maniac's matched together in what surely will bring on a melt down. :shakeno:

Hey you forgot one of the ego maniacs. It's really about 3 of them.

late again
08-27-2006, 07:54 PM

Alex IMO you're normally very grounded (especially for a teenager), so your remarks surprise me. TO was fined because he has been late and/or missed rehab sessions and team meetings. I do agree that Parcells is a jerk, however.

MR NFLFAN
08-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Hey you forgot one of the ego maniacs. It's really about 3 of them.

Correct...this is the equavilent to combining Fire, Gasoline and Oxygen then not expecting it to get hot.

late again
08-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Correct...this is the equavilent to combining Fire, Gasoline and Oxygen then not expecting it to get hot.

Man that is the perfect analogy!!

futureshock
08-27-2006, 08:01 PM
:D wow here I am all the way from Texas, trying to become a Dolphin fan because ya'll picked up my favorite new NFL player, Big Fred Evens.

And I come across this...because I hate TO too.

But then you start calling my first NFL team names...The Cowpatties, etc. What's a Texas boy to do. I cried for a little while.:boohoo: Then I got mad. :fire: Then I decided we can all hate TO together, no matter who we are.:dolphins:

I tell you what, be glad he isn't on YOUR team. I will thank baby jesus when TO is out of Dallas, that's for sure.

Btw, what the heck did we do to ya'll ? :confused: We're not even in your conference. :D

Gardenhead
08-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Btw, what the heck did we do to ya'll ? :confused: We're not even in your conference. :D

Are you joking? Everybody hates the Cowboys no matter what division their favorite team is in. Why? Like you don't know...

I'll spell it out for you slowly, cause you're from Texas. "America's Team." I live in America. The Cowboys aint my team. The arrogance of that moniker is astounding. I hate the Cowboys.

late again
08-27-2006, 08:15 PM
:D wow here I am all the way from Texas, trying to become a Dolphin fan because ya'll picked up my favorite new NFL player, Big Fred Evens.

And I come across this...because I hate TO too.

But then you start calling my first NFL team names...The Cowpatties, etc. What's a Texas boy to do. I cried for a little while.:boohoo: Then I got mad. :fire: Then I decided we can all hate TO together, no matter who we are.:dolphins:

I tell you what, be glad he isn't on YOUR team. I will thank baby jesus when TO is out of Dallas, that's for sure.

Well, I can only speak for myself. But the main reason I do not like the Cowboys is they were forced down my throat as "America's Team". I've always resented that.

futureshock
08-27-2006, 08:40 PM
OK, let me get this straight. Because of a phrase Bob Ryan coined in 1979 you hate Dallas?

And by the way, we are not the only team this moniker has been applied to. Check the Wikipedia entry. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Team

I especially like this part:

"And in 2005, the name was briefly used as a term of endearment for the New Orleans Saints (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans_Saints) following the disaster of Hurricane Katrina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina)."

Personally, if there really is an America's Team, then I want to nominate New Orleans for that honor.

Anyway...

Go Dolphins! Go Big Fred Evans!

Gardenhead
08-28-2006, 09:45 AM
OK, let me get this straight. Because of a phrase Bob Ryan coined in 1979 you hate Dallas?

And by the way, we are not the only team this moniker has been applied to. Check the Wikipedia entry. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Team

I especially like this part:

"And in 2005, the name was briefly used as a term of endearment for the New Orleans Saints (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans_Saints) following the disaster of Hurricane Katrina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina)."

Personally, if there really is an America's Team, then I want to nominate New Orleans for that honor.

Anyway...

Go Dolphins! Go Big Fred Evans!

You don't get it. It's not just "some term coined in 1979". Its been shoved down my throat all my life and I resent it. I resent the arrogance of the Cowboys AND THEIR FANS.

Nobody's seriously called the Saints or the Pats "America's Team".

Look, a lot of people hate your favorite football team. Mostly because of arrogance. That's okay. Just don't try to defend it.

late again
08-28-2006, 10:04 AM
You don't get it. It's not just "some term coined in 1979". Its been shoved down my throat all my life and I resent it. I resent the arrogance of the Cowboys AND THEIR FANS.

Nobody's seriously called the Saints or the Pats "America's Team".

Look, a lot of people hate your favorite football team. Mostly because of arrogance. That's okay. Just don't try to defend it.

Yeah you beat me to it. The other poster responded as if the "phrase someone came up with" had no long term impact or influence. In fact, that phrase used to be used all the time when referring to the Cowboys. I'm sure you remember it the same way.
What's kind of funny, is in spite of my dislike for the Cowboys, I alway had the utmost respect for Tom Landry. So when Jones bought the team and so rudely dismissed Landry, I came to dislike them even more because I think Jones is an a$$.

Mike13
08-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Who knows how Saban would react to T.O. I'm glad we never will.

I know, Saban would make T.O. cry, a la Manny Wright.

late again
08-28-2006, 12:59 PM
I know, Saban would make T.O. cry, a la Manny Wright.

If not cry he would at least have him whining to the media.

late again
08-28-2006, 01:10 PM
I have to say I'm pretty curious as to how this whole TO fiasco plays out. My understanding is that if he's cut before opening day the Cowboys avoid paying him 5 mil. On the other hand if he's cut while allegedly injured, would they in turn have to come up with some kind of injury settlement? As much talent as TO has this has to be making Parcells' brain squirm and twitch. I'm just watching for the mushroom cloud to form over Dallas. There isn't any question of "if" is there? IMO it's just a matter of time as to when the explosion occurs. So does TO get cut before Parcells' head blows up? Does Parcells quit? Or does TO play for the Cowboys this year while the rest of us watch the team turn into one giant turmoil?

finfan01
08-28-2006, 08:08 PM
For the love of God, stop talking about T.O!!!:fire:

futureshock
08-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Well whatever is going on with TO isn't affecting the Cowboy's focus (so far). Even if he does melt down, I doubt he is capable of taking the team with him. The worst thing that will happen is Dallas will lose the money and the roster spot. The best thing - he shows up and plays.

late again
08-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Well whatever is going on with TO isn't affecting the Cowboy's focus (so far). Even if he does melt down, I doubt he is capable of taking the team with him. The worst thing that will happen is Dallas will lose the money and the roster spot. The best thing - he shows up and plays.

I disagree. I think that the worst thing that could happen is what happened in SF and then in Philly. Namely that he decides the Qb isn't treating him the way he wants to be treated and he subsequently starts mudsllinging through the media. I wouldn't count on the preseason being a very accurate barometer of whether or not TO's act is distracting, either.