PDA

View Full Version : *The official National League wildcard thread*

Aqua4Ever04
08-28-2006, 03:05 AM
I decided it would be a good idea to dedicate a thread to the national league wildcard. I am a Reds fan and I figure some of you guys are drawing interest to the Marlins now being within striking distance of the playoffs. Any how, I will update the standings every day for those of you who don't go to MLB site but care about baseball.

Team..............W-L....GB

San Diego.......67-65...-
Cincinnati.......67-66.....5
Philadelphia.....66-65...1
San Fransisco..65-67...2
Florida............63-66...2.5
Arizona...........64-68...3
Houston..........64-68...3.5
Atlanta............62-68...4
Milaukee..........62-70...5
Colorado..........61-70...5.5

EDIT: Standings current as of the end of August 29.

dominizzo
08-28-2006, 03:54 AM
Go Giants GO!!

i wanna See BArry Bonds win a world Series

Alex44
08-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Marlins :yes:

MikeO
08-28-2006, 10:01 AM
SF are strong closers and have been for the past decade or so. They are the team to watch.

I think Philly with die I don't trust them.

SD is the best team of the bunch.

My prediction is SD, but watch out for SF

RWhitney014
08-28-2006, 11:05 AM
SF are strong closers and have been for the past decade or so. They are the team to watch.

SF is old. MLB is testing for greenies. I don't think the Giants make it.

MikeO
08-28-2006, 11:22 AM
SF is old. MLB is testing for greenies. I don't think the Giants make it.

its all about pitching and Schmidt and Lowry could be a strong 1-2 punch. Lowry is pitching very well right now. Very high level

Rocky Raccoon
08-28-2006, 01:17 PM

I agree, I don't trust the Phillies either. I think Cincy gets in the playoffs this year one way or another.

RWhitney014
08-28-2006, 01:34 PM
its all about pitching and Schmidt and Lowry could be a strong 1-2 punch. Lowry is pitching very well right now. Very high level

You need more than two. Winning 2 out of every 5 games isn't going to do it. Cain might be their third, but that offense is going to stall, and no matter how good the pitching is, you still need runs.

GreenMonster
08-28-2006, 03:14 PM
I agree, I don't trust the Phillies either. I think Cincy gets in the playoffs this year one way or another.

I totally don't trust the Phillies but I am really rooting for them now.. I thought they were cooked long ago but Howard, Utley and the patchwork pitching staff are holding pretty well..

The Confessor
08-28-2006, 03:20 PM
My D-backs are done. I think trading Shaun Green for a minor league lefty was pretty much Arizona throwing in the towel. We had a chance the last 2 weeks, but have played very poorly against SF, SD and LA.
SF is hot one day and very cold the next. Cant get there playing 500 baseball. SD has way underachieved this season. If they put it all together for one last push, they could get there. My money is actually on Cincy. I think they are playing like a bunch of guys with no pressure on them. The old reckless abondon style.
JMO

Aqua4Ever04
08-28-2006, 03:48 PM
I think it's great how not a single person has given the Reds any credit for what they have done this year. GM Wayne Krimsky (sp?) is hands down the executive of the year. Did you guys know that since the all-star break, the Reds have either been tied for or in the lead for the wildcard. I just don't see them folding with only one month to go. They are my team and I am thrilled to be able to be excited about baseball again! Go Reds.

Reds new aquistions in 2006:

Starting posistion players

Brandon Phillips 2B /AVE .293 /HR 13 /RBI 62 /SB 21
Scott Hatteberg 1B /AVE .308/ HR 13/RBI 46
David Ross C /AVE /AVE .280/ HR 18/ RBI 44

Starting Pitching

Bronson Arroyo 10-9 3.52 ERA
Kyle Lohse

Bulpen

Gary Majeski
Eddie Guardado
Bill Bray
Rheal Cormier
Ryan Franklin
Scott Shoenweiss

All of those guys have contributed at one point or another and the Reds are primed to make a playoff run. GO REDS!

By the way;
*BUMP*
Phillies just lost to NYM in the first game of a day night double header.

Alex44
08-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Aqua I agree I dont think the Reds will dramatically fold, but they have been playing around 500 all year so I dont expect them to surge either. Which I think the winner will have to

I think the team that wins it will be the one to put a nice winning streak together, so Id look at the teams that have played hot and cold all season, and see which one makes a run

RWhitney014
08-28-2006, 03:58 PM
I think it's great how not a single person has given the Reds any credit for what they have done this year. GM Wayne Krimsky (sp?) is hands down the executive of the year. Did you guys know that since the all-star break, the Reds have either been tied for or in the lead for the wildcard. I just don't see them folding with only one month to go. They are my team and I am thrilled to be able to be excited about baseball again! Go Reds.

Reds new aquistions in 2006:

Starting posistion players

Brandon Phillips 2B /AVE .293 /HR 13 /RBI 62 /SB 21
Scott Hatteberg 1B /AVE .308/ HR 13/RBI 46
David Ross C /AVE /AVE .280/ HR 18/ RBI 44

Starting Pitching

Bronson Arroyo 10-9 3.52 ERA
Kyle Lohse

Bulpen

Gary Majeski
Eddie Guardado
Bill Bray
Rheal Cormier
Ryan Franklin
Scott Shoenweiss

All of those guys have contributed at one point or another and the Reds are primed to make a playoff run. GO REDS!

By the way;
*BUMP*
Phillies just lost to NYM in the first game of a day night double header.

Krivsky's been very good, but Larry Beinfest has been better. When you have to sell off your entire team and still manage to bring in your starting lineup that's well in the playoff race while setting yourself up brilliantly for the future, you've done a great job. Krivsky's acquisitions, with the exception of Bray, Phillips, and Arroyo, are not going to be around long-term.

Meanwhile, Beinfest traded for Ramirez, Jacobs, Nolasco, Sanchez, drafted Uggla in the Rule 5 (finding an All Star in the Rule 5 wins it flat out), and finding guys like Olivo, Helms, Amezaga, and Borowski to contribute like they have is incredible. Either way, these guys are 1-2, but Beinfest was given the much harder task.

Alex44
08-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Krivsky's been very good, but Larry Beinfest has been better. When you have to sell off your entire team and still manage to bring in your starting lineup that's well in the playoff race while setting yourself up brilliantly for the future, you've done a great job. Krivsky's acquisitions, with the exception of Bray, Phillips, and Arroyo, are not going to be around long-term.

Meanwhile, Beinfest traded for Ramirez, Jacobs, Nolasco, Sanchez, drafted Uggla in the Rule 5 (finding an All Star in the Rule 5 wins it flat out), and finding guys like Olivo, Helms, Amezaga, and Borowski to contribute like they have is incredible. Either way, these guys are 1-2, but Beinfest was given the much harder task.

I think a lot of people think that we just went out and blindly aquired minor league players that had no talent in order to keep a cheap payroll

We didnt, we knew these guys had talent and could play well someday, it was just a matter of how soon

DonShula84
08-28-2006, 04:03 PM

I'm holding out hope that SD can catch the Dodgers.

Aqua4Ever04
08-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah the Marlins are a huge suprise this year. I think this year is great for baseball because it is brining excitement to a lot of cities. Florida and Cincinnati were picked to be last in both of their division by almost everyone. However, I don't think you can give it to a guy who traded so many players for what seemed like nothing in return. The moves the Krivsky made single handedly kept the Reds in contention. I am very thankful of the job he has done.

P.S Both have been great and I'm not trying to take anything away from Beinfest.

Alex44
08-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Yeah the Marlins are a huge suprise this year. I think this year is great for baseball because it is brining excitement to a lot of cities. Florida and Cincinnati were picked to be last in both of their division by almost everyone. However, I don't think you can give it to a guy who traded so many players for what seemed like nothing in return. The moves the Krivsky made single handedly kept the Reds in contention. I am very thankful of the job he has done.

P.S Both have been great and I'm not trying to take anything away from Beinfest.

Here is the big question though

Did it seem like nothing because the players are bad, or because they hadnt been heard of yet?

IMO he knew what he was doing, he didnt just blindly trade for guys

Aqua4Ever04
08-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Here is the big question though

Did it seem like nothing because the players are bad, or because they hadnt been heard of yet?

IMO he knew what he was doing, he didnt just blindly trade for guys

You may be right Alex. But you can't tell me that you were comfortable with the Becket trade and what not when it happend. I think Girardi just has those young guys playing the game the right way and it's just paying off.

Alex44
08-28-2006, 04:24 PM
You may be right Alex. But you can't tell me that you were comfortable with the Becket trade and what not when it happend. I think Girardi just has those young guys playing the game the right way and it's just paying off.

But the GM didnt decide to trade everyone, its ownership

The GM just decides who to trade for once the owner says everything must go.

So IMO if the guy makes the right trades that means something

Aqua4Ever04
08-28-2006, 04:28 PM
But the GM didnt decide to trade everyone, its ownership

The GM just decides who to trade for once the owner says everything must go.

So IMO if the guy makes the right trades that means something

Ture. Good point. I love how the Marlins are suceeding despite a $14 million payroll while the Yankees have 9 PLAYERS with a contract bigger than that. :lol:

Roman529
08-28-2006, 04:41 PM
Here is your winner:

Philadelphia.....65-65...1.5

:tongue:

RWhitney014
08-28-2006, 05:03 PM
I think a lot of people think that we just went out and blindly aquired minor league players that had no talent in order to keep a cheap payroll

We didnt, we knew these guys had talent and could play well someday, it was just a matter of how soon

Anyone with any baseball acumen saw that Beinfest orchestrated a brilliant offseason. It was just a tough pill to swallow because the players involved weren't one or two-year mercenaries like in 1997 but guys that had actually been here since 1998, '99, and 2000, not something we're used to.

RWhitney014
08-28-2006, 05:21 PM

Alex may not be able to, but I certainly can.

Josh Beckett is immensely talented and Mike Lowell is one of the best Marlins all-time, both in production and longevity. But Beckett had been DL'ed 8 times, I think, from 2002-2005. This will be the first year he makes 30 starts in his career, and the blister problem wasn't going away in this humidity. More importantly, Lowell drastically underperformed last year to the point that he may have prevented us from making the playoffs, and we needed a way to trade his $9 million contract and still get something in return, and putting the two of them together allowed us to grab a huge return. Let's take a look.

Hanley Ramirez was touted as the best prospect in baseball by some, a 5-tool stud by others, and not ready for the big leagues by others. He's hitting .270 with 12 HR and 40-something RBI with 40+ SB and competent defense with a flair for the dramatic as a rookie. He's 6'3", so we expect his power, which ranges all over the field, to increase to 25-30 bombs a year. His errors (18 this year, I believe) occurred mostly in the first 6 weeks of the season and were usually on plays where he lost his focus. In other words, his defense has been reminiscent to Orlando Cabrera, 2002 vintage, when he committed 29 errors. In the years after, that number decreased to 18 to 15 to 7. I expect a similar progression for Hanley. He maintained a .340 average for almost two months, went into a prolonged slump, and has since kept his average around .270 with a .340 OBP. This is as a 22 year-old rookie.

Then there's Anibal Sanchez, who only shut out the Yankees in the Bronx in his major league debut. The guy's got an assortment of pitches, a great head on his shoulders, and a boatload of humility. As a 22 year-old rookie, he's 5-2 with a 3.41 ERA. Take out his one relief appearance, in which he got shelled, and he's got a 2.68 ERA as a starter. Bingo! Oh, and he and Miggy Cabrera are childhood friends from Maracay, Venezuela, and the difference in Miggy's demeanor since his buddy's been up has been notable to the tune of a .400 average in August with a team-record 31 RBI.

And just for kicks, Boy Wonder Epstein figured Guillermo Mota would be a good reliever, so we traded him for two fireballing relievers who have both been very strong in A-ball this summer.

I was comfortable with the trade at the time, if not disappointed that Beckett, one of my favorite players, was gone. Now that the two headliners in the deal have turned up aces for the Fish, I'm thrilled. Cabrera needed to move back to third, Lowell was not part of the future of this team, Beckett's got a 5 ERA and is giving up gopherballs like nobody's business, and we're closer to the playoffs than Boston is. Beckett and Lowell next year will make $15 million next year. Hanley and Anibal will make $750K and might outperform them. I'll take it.

Alex44
08-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Whitney your post was so long im not going to quote it :lol: but your 100% right

For all the great things Josh Johnson has done, and how great he will be in the future, my gut tells me Anibal will be better

Ray Finkle
08-28-2006, 05:47 PM
And just for kicks, Boy Wonder Epstein figured Guillermo Mota would be a good reliever, so we traded him for two fireballing relievers who have both been very strong in A-ball this summer.

Theo may or may not have been involved in the Beckett/Lowell/Mota for Hanely/Sanchez/2 pitchers deal so you can't kill him for that move. Some reports say he was involved in the deal while others say he had nothing to do with it. Remember when the deal went down Theo had quit the organization.

Personally, I was all for getting Mota in the trade because he was very good in LA when Dave Wallace was the pitching coach so I figured you might get lightning in a bottle plus I wasn't comfortable with Taveras and Seanez so I figured why not add another bullpen arm in there. But then he traded Mota for Riske in part of the Crisp/Marte deal.

Theo then made a terrible move for Javy Lopez (the pitcher) for Riske. Apparently rumors were that the White Sox asked for Seanez but the Red Sox offered them Riske because they thought Seanez had something left in his tank. D'oh. Now look at Riske. So I have to kill Theo and the Sox FO for that terrible, god awful move.

phinphan896
08-28-2006, 06:18 PM
i hope the fish can do something

NJFINSFAN1
08-28-2006, 06:47 PM
I decided it would be a good idea to dedicate a thread to the national league wildcard. I am a Reds fan and I figure some of you guys are drawing interest to the Marlins now being within striking distance of the playoffs. Any how, I will update the standings every day for those of you who don't go to MLB site but care about baseball.

Team..............W-L....GB

Cincinnati.......67-64....-
San Diego.......66-64...0.5
Philadelphia.....65-65...1.5
San Fransisco..65-66...2
Florida............63-66...3
Arizona...........63-67...3.5
Houston..........63-68...4
Milaukee..........62-68...4.5
Atlanta............61-68...5
Colorado..........61-69...5.5

EDIT: Standings current as of 8/28 3:50 ET

The two teams I want no part of (I'm a Met fan) are the Marlins and Astros, they have the best pitching in the NL

Who do I think wins it! The Dodgers with the Padres winning the Division

Aqua4Ever04
08-28-2006, 07:53 PM
The two teams I want no part of (I'm a Met fan) are the Marlins and Astros, they have the best pitching in the NL

Who do I think wins it! The Dodgers with the Padres winning the Division

You just gave me a good idea. We should predict what the MLB playoffs will look like this October. Here are mine:

AL

Divisional playoffs
1. Detroit Tigers>>>
vs.
3. Oakland Athletics

2. New York Yankess
vs.
WC. Minnesota Twins>>>

ALCS
Detroit Tigers
vs.
Minnesota Twins>>>

NL

Divisional series
1. New York Mets>>>
vs.
WC. St. Louis Cardinals

2. LA Dodgers
vs.
3. Cincinnati Reds>>>

NLCS
New York Mets>>>
vs.
Cincinnati Reds

World Series
New York Mets
vs.
Minnesota Twins>>>

World Champs

MINNESOTA TWINS

Their rotation is great and if they get Liriano back by the playoffs, they are the favorite IMO.

RWhitney014
08-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Theo may or may not have been involved in the Beckett/Lowell/Mota for Hanely/Sanchez/2 pitchers deal so you can't kill him for that move. Some reports say he was involved in the deal while others say he had nothing to do with it. Remember when the deal went down Theo had quit the organization.

Personally, I was all for getting Mota in the trade because he was very good in LA when Dave Wallace was the pitching coach so I figured you might get lightning in a bottle plus I wasn't comfortable with Taveras and Seanez so I figured why not add another bullpen arm in there. But then he traded Mota for Riske in part of the Crisp/Marte deal.

Theo then made a terrible move for Javy Lopez (the pitcher) for Riske. Apparently rumors were that the White Sox asked for Seanez but the Red Sox offered them Riske because they thought Seanez had something left in his tank. D'oh. Now look at Riske. So I have to kill Theo and the Sox FO for that terrible, god awful move.

I was going more for the brilliance, foresight, and scouting on the Marlins' part, but no doubt the Boston FO has had a rough year.

Aqua4Ever04
08-29-2006, 01:38 AM
*BUMP*

Updated standings. End of August 28.

Flippin Reds, can I get a hit with 2 outs and runners in scoring position?

DeathStar
08-29-2006, 01:41 AM
2 games back for my baby fishies!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Alex44
08-30-2006, 03:03 AM
1.5 back for the Marlins :yes:

If Cinci loses it will be 1.5 behind the Padres, if Cinci wins than 2 behind Cinci

and only a game behind Philli regardless of outcome of the Reds game which is in the top of the 16th now......

Aqua4Ever04
08-30-2006, 03:07 AM
1.5 back for the Marlins :yes:

If Cinci loses it will be 1.5 behind the Padres, if Cinci wins than 2 behind Cinci

and only a game behind Philli regardless of outcome of the Reds game which is in the top of the 16th now......

And someone needs to step up for the Reds! LET'S GO! DELIEVER SOMEONE!

*BUMP*

Standings edited.

Alex44
08-30-2006, 03:13 AM
Reds just lost :woot: :lol:

San Diego now leads the chase
Cinci is 1.0 back
Philli is 1.0 back
Florida is 1.0 back

This sets up perfect for me and my Marlins, 10 games left vs Philli and 3 vs the Reds, 0 vs SD unfortunatly

MikeO
08-31-2006, 10:16 AM
Interesting STAT.

The MARLINS play 20 of their last 23 vs the Mets, Reds, and Philly. They don't have a winning record vs any of them this year. And they don't have a winning record vs any team over .500 this year (except for Toronto).

ILPhinFan88
08-31-2006, 10:46 AM

Go Dodgers. :D

UCFinfan86
08-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Interesting STAT.

The MARLINS play 20 of their last 23 vs the Mets, Reds, and Philly. They don't have a winning record vs any of them this year. And they don't have a winning record vs any team over .500 this year (except for Toronto).

Atleast they are beating the teams they should, it would be much more frustrating if it was the other way around for marlin fans

Amars
08-31-2006, 11:07 AM

:rolleyes2

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

MikeO
08-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Atleast they are beating the teams they should, it would be much more frustrating if it was the other way around for marlin fans

of course. Sign of a good team is beating the teams your supposed to beat. No doubt.

But this final month might be a brutal one for the Marlins. I kinda hope they do make the playoffs. I would rather watch a young team that is exciting play. Over teams like Cincy, SD, Philly......older teams that choke like dogs and will get swept in round 1. Florida might get swept but at least it will be different with a bunch of young unkown kids playing. Something different

Alex44
08-31-2006, 04:24 PM
Interesting STAT.

That is a valid point, but you also have to think

A- How many teams in the NL actually have winning records?

B- We played most of the teams that did early in the year when we were terrible

Im not saying we are better than any of them but we certainly have a chance

DonShula84
08-31-2006, 06:08 PM
:monkeyr:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.nflnut.com/store/media/Dodgers.jpg)

Roman529
08-31-2006, 10:52 PM
:boohoo:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Two blown late-inning leads culminating in a game-ending wild pitch overshadowed Ryan Howard (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7437/)'s franchise record 49th homer and kept the Philadelphia Phillies (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/phi/) from gaining a share of the NL wild card lead.

:mad: Not having Gordon is gonna cost my Phils the Wild Card.

Roman529
09-02-2006, 05:27 PM
:tantrum:

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Adam LaRoche (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7253/) hit a two-run homer off Arthur Rhodes (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/4736/) in the ninth inning to lead the Atlanta Braves (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/atl/) to a 4-3 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/phi/) in the first game of a day-night doubleheader Saturday. Chase Utley (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7072/) hit two homers to give the Phillies a 3-0 lead, but the absence of injured All-Star closer Tom Gordon (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/4279/) cost Philadelphia for the second straight game. Rhodes (0-4) blew a two-run lead in the ninth inning of a 6-5, 10-inning loss to Washington on Thursday night.

RWhitney014
09-03-2006, 12:27 AM
:tantrum:

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Adam LaRoche (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7253/) hit a two-run homer off Arthur Rhodes (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/4736/) in the ninth inning to lead the Atlanta Braves (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/atl/) to a 4-3 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/phi/) in the first game of a day-night doubleheader Saturday. Chase Utley (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7072/) hit two homers to give the Phillies a 3-0 lead, but the absence of injured All-Star closer Tom Gordon (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/4279/) cost Philadelphia for the second straight game. Rhodes (0-4) blew a two-run lead in the ninth inning of a 6-5, 10-inning loss to Washington on Thursday night.

Roman529
09-03-2006, 02:06 PM

My nerves can't take this anymore...I am totally shot. :lol: But the Phils won the nightcap. :wink:

Alex44
09-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Great thing is the Marlins and the Phils play eachother 10 times....so whichever team steps up will have the upperhand

Roman529
09-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Howard hit three homers today....52 for the year.

Phils score two in the bottom of the 9th for a nice comeback walk-off win.

DonShula84
09-04-2006, 01:10 AM
Wells pitched well for the Padres today. Keep it up and catch the Dodgers!!

RWhitney014
09-04-2006, 11:51 AM
My nerves can't take this anymore...I am totally shot. :lol: But the Phils won the nightcap. :wink:

Oh, it's fun. The playoff race in baseball is a thousand times better than any other sport because it changes every freaking day. No time to get comfortable, complacent, or even relaxed. Gotta keep the pedal to the metal, and as a fan, you don't have to wait a week for the next game. It's a beautiful thing.

Alex44
09-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey rest of the NL, know what happend today?

The Florida Marlins are back over 500 for the first time this year, after starting 11-31 we have gone 21 games over 500........fear us

Roman529
09-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Unreal win today by the Marlins....if my Phils don't get the WC I will be cheering for the Marlins. Joe Garardi has done an amazing job...they won today after being behind 5-0 to the D-backs. I love baseball's pennant races even though it kills me at times.

dominizzo
09-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Ginats are playing well ababy!! 3 in a row

RWhitney014
09-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Ginats are playing well ababy!! 3 in a row

Is there a team other than the Devils that you don't root for?

Ray Finkle
09-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Is there a team other than the Devils that you don't root for?

:lol:

I don't think he roots for the "Muts" as he calls them.

Roman529
09-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Brian Fuentes, Rockies reliever, just gave up a 3 run walkoff homer to Barfield of the SD Padres. :tantrum:

Blown save.

Alex44
09-04-2006, 11:58 PM
Brian Fuentes, Rockies reliever, just gave up a 3 run walkoff homer to Barfield of the SD Padres. :tantrum:

Yeah that pissed me off :nono:

Great comeback win today for my fish and we dont gain ground on anyone

RWhitney014
09-05-2006, 12:12 AM
But you're supposed to be good, Fuentes!

Aqua4Ever04
09-05-2006, 01:53 AM
I am officially writting off the Reds. What a choke job they have beautifully executed this past week and a half.

DonShula84
09-05-2006, 04:12 AM
I am officially writting off the Reds. What a choke job they have beautifully executed this past week and a half.

Not enough starting pitching. Still a much better season then I thought they'd have, and I was hoping they'd catch the Cards but that hope didnt last long

Dodgers lead down to 2 games, keep it up Padres!

Roman529
09-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Rockies and Padres tied at 2 in the 4th....Rockies had the bases loaded with no outs and did not score a run. :tantrum:

I need the Padres to lose. :mad:

Alex44
09-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Anibal Sanchez threw a no hitter for my Marlins :D 22 year old rookie and future superstar, 7-2 record now for Anibal. 4th no hitter in franchise history