PDA

View Full Version : Is the Motorola Q a good Phone

dominizzo
08-28-2006, 03:54 AM
Anyone? Im thinking of buying it

dominizzo
08-28-2006, 03:59 AM
Id like to know also the one im buying is on Ebay and its GSM!!

Does that mean it requires a Sim CArd and can i unlock the phone to Rogers Communications cuz im with that company!!

The Phone is from Florida verizon

finattic79
08-28-2006, 07:23 AM
I had one when I was in the UK. It had horrible reception, the worst of any phone I've ever had. The one I had did have sim card, so not sure about the ones here in the states. As for everything else, it was a pretty good phone, but the reception for me is enuff for me to get another phone.

Mike13
08-28-2006, 10:39 AM
I've never heard of it.

Goin` Deep
08-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Verizons system (CDMA) does not require an Sim card.

NaboCane
08-28-2006, 01:37 PM
The Q looks great on paper, and has features that other PDA/phone combo units can't even touch. Fin mentioned the reception and I can't speak to that, but I can tell you that a phone of that configuration doesn't normally have reception issues; I'd venture a guess that it was the service provider's lousy coverage responsible for the problem, not the phone.

But be careful of phones sold on ebay, Dom. If they're selling it there, it should be unlocked but if it isn't and the seller is disreputable, you're screwed.

Other than for that, I'd go for it.

dominizzo
08-28-2006, 04:48 PM
nabo!!

your right they should be unlocked

dominizzo
08-28-2006, 05:25 PM
WOOW just found out that The Q is not even GSM!! Why is the seller on Ebay saying the band is GSM

Goin` Deep
08-28-2006, 06:47 PM
WOOW just found out that The Q is not even GSM!! Why is the seller on Ebay saying the band is GSM
So what if it`s not GSM...you`re going to get a much larger coverage footprint with CDMA (Verizon) service. As far as I know the Mot. Q is only available with CDMA technology.

dominizzo
08-28-2006, 07:25 PM
I understand buy where i am the company im with doesnt have CDMA they run with GSM

NaboCane
08-28-2006, 07:38 PM

There is a GSM model that has been released in Europe. It will be released in north america by Christmas.

GreenMonster
08-29-2006, 01:14 PM
The Q looks great on paper, and has features that other PDA/phone combo units can't even touch. Fin mentioned the reception and I can't speak to that, but I can tell you that a phone of that configuration doesn't normally have reception issues; I'd venture a guess that it was the service provider's lousy coverage responsible for the problem, not the phone.

But be careful of phones sold on ebay, Dom. If they're selling it there, it should be unlocked but if it isn't and the seller is disreputable, you're screwed.

Other than for that, I'd go for it.

If you want the best features the PPC-6700 still owns all.. EV-DO, Bluetooth and WIFI..

NaboCane
08-29-2006, 04:38 PM
If you want the best features the PPC-6700 still owns all.. EV-DO, Bluetooth and WIFI..

That's CDMA, though GM; Dom needs GSM for his carrier.

dominizzo
08-29-2006, 06:10 PM
NAbo i told the Ebay seller i dont want the phones!! There all CDMAS

NaboCane
08-29-2006, 06:48 PM
NAbo i told the Ebay seller i dont want the phones!! There all CDMAS

Ah...just wait for the N.A. GSM version, you won't regret it.

dominizzo
08-29-2006, 07:52 PM
when is it comin g out u have a aread up nabo