PDA

View Full Version : What news do you watch for hurricane coverage?

Dolphin1184
08-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Mostly for people who live in Miami... I mostly watch Local 10 for hurricane coverage. Don Noe really seems to know his stuff. I also watch NBC6 because their internet resources are awesome, especially for any weather day.

cnc66
08-28-2006, 02:42 PM
channel 5 WPB...and my computer

Roman529
08-28-2006, 02:46 PM
The Weather Channel....for us out-of-staters. I hear they throw Hurricane parties in Key West. :wink:

greatwade
08-28-2006, 02:47 PM
computer mostly. WSVN, great graphics and miss Rick Snatchez. 10 & 6 are good too. Pay-per-views give you an entirely different perspective. Moisture in the south alright!

Noodle Arm
08-28-2006, 07:19 PM
A rundown of the main local channels...

Channel 4: Brian Norcross made his reputation with Hurricane Andrew...and hasn't let us forget it since. Pretty boring stuff.

Channel 6: They seem to have a boatload of weather people and the best satellites/radars in South Fl. Pretty informative without trying to make you panic.

Channel 7: Evil Ernesto!! Death! Destruction! Run! Panic! The perfect example of "If it bleeds, it leads" journalism. That's what makes it the most entertaining :D Although the current weather guy (Phil Ferro I think?) is pretty good and tries his best to keep everybody calm.

Channel 10: Don Noe looks like he stepped right out of Munchkinland from the Wizard of Oz, but he does seem to know his stuff. It's pretty fair and balanced.

I usually flip through all of them during the storm, but I stick to 6 and 7 (gotta love the sensationalism)

305TillIDie
08-28-2006, 07:24 PM
7 and 10..Elita is the reason i watch channel 7's weather :yes:

Dolphin1184
08-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Channel 6: They seem to have a boatload of weather people and the best satellites/radars in South Fl. Pretty informative without trying to make you panic.

Yep. nbc6.net is such a great site. They have the doppler radar and 6 day forcast right on the website you can watch. Lonnie Quinn is a great weatherman.

Channel 7: Evil Ernesto!! Death! Destruction! Run! Panic! The perfect example of "If it bleeds, it leads" journalism. That's what makes it the most entertaining :D Although the current weather guy (Phil Ferro I think?) is pretty good and tries his best to keep everybody calm.

So freaking true. That is why that is the LAST station I would watch. This was especially true when Bill Kamal was the head weather guy there. Of course we all know what happened to him. :shakeno:

finfan01
08-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Mostly for people who live in Miami... I mostly watch Local 10 for hurricane coverage. Don Noe really seems to know his stuff. I also watch NBC6 because their internet resources are awesome, especially for any weather day.

U can get Fox7 sent to your phone (cones) and I love their news. :dolphins: