PDA

View Full Version : How do people THIS stupid get elected?

PhinPhan1227
04-22-2003, 11:20 AM
Represetative Democracy IS a good idea, right? I think I'll go home and watch Mr Smith goes to Washington to recharge my "faith in humanity" batteries.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/04/21/santorum.gays.ap/index.html

GOP Senator compares homosexuality to incest, and bigamy.

LeftCoastPhin
04-22-2003, 11:38 AM
See, it's people like this that enrage gays even further. :rolleyes: Look, what you do in your sex life is YOUR business but do you really have to march about it and bring it into the public eye?

PhinPhan1227
04-22-2003, 11:45 AM
Lol...if they didn't have a shmuck like this comparing them to people who sleep with their sisters....than no, they probably wouldn't feel the need to parade themselves in front of the general public.

iceblizzard69
04-22-2003, 04:10 PM
I can't believe such intolerant bigots get elected. What a shame. :nono:

LeftCoastPhin
04-22-2003, 05:24 PM
Quick comment from my George Carlin archive: a crappy public breeds, raises, educates and elects crappy politicians.

Sure, that is negative, but true. While there are some good leaders, there doesn't appear to be enough. While the public has lots of good common folk, there isn't enough that will stand UNITED and say enough is enough.

The beauty of this country is everyone gets their own opinion and to a certain extent "say" in public matters. At the same time, it's also the biggest downfall as time marches on. Because good people cant seem to agree on how to defeat a problem, powerful special interest/minority groups are slowly eroding away the fabric and winning this country.

Prime examle: the ACLU........what a travesty, they are representing NAMBLA. 'Nuff said but I will say this: The ACLU started out as a noble union with good intentions and crediblity but is now becoming a joke. Sound familiar? Lets wake up America!

baccarat
04-22-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin

Prime examle: the ACLU........what a travesty, they are representing NAMBLA. 'Nuff said but I will say this: The ACLU started out as a noble union with good intentions and crediblity but is now becoming a joke. Sound familiar? Lets wake up America!

The ACLU will only defend what they consider "the rights" of people who THEY AGREE WITH. Example, they threatened to bring a law suit against a school district who found a T-shirt a student wore, that read: Bush is a terorist, disruptive. The ACLU, however, didn't do anything when a student wasn't allowed to wear a T-shirt that had a photo of an aborted fetus. If that's not hypocrisy, I don't know what is.

hy·poc·ri·sy Pronunciation Key (h-pkr-s)
n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies
1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
2. The ACLU
3. Jesse Jackson
4. An act or instance of such falseness.

LeftCoastPhin
04-23-2003, 01:11 PM
Jesse Jackson is nothing more than an extortionist. He is the head of a race themed mafia. Al Sharpton isn't far behind.

harmonkoz
05-07-2003, 08:13 PM
sniff.... sniff.... I smell liberals.... :foundout:

t2thejz
05-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by harmonkoz
sniff.... sniff.... I smell liberals.... :foundout: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: