PDA

View Full Version : Just a curious question....

FinsNYanksFan13
08-28-2006, 08:04 PM
to Marlins fans. Since the stadium is always 80 percent empty, I was just wondering if you can buy the worst ticket in the house and basically sit wherever you want or are the ushers a$$es and actually make you sit where you paid. I know it sounds like a stupid question but I was just curious. To those who have been to pro player, let me know!

Rocky Raccoon
08-28-2006, 08:19 PM
I've never been but I would assume that you aren't allowed to do that because people who actually have great seats have to pay full price and it's not really fair. Not to mention the people in the stadium are always scattered around.

/me thinks the Marlins should leave

Dolfan984
08-28-2006, 08:30 PM

:yes: :yes: :yes: oh please I hate you infield

King Felix
08-28-2006, 08:47 PM
/me thinks the Marlins should leaveto portland :pray:

Get Up And Go
08-28-2006, 09:18 PM
I've never been but I would assume that you aren't allowed to do that because people who actually have great seats have to pay full price and it's not really fair. Not to mention the people in the stadium are always scattered around.

BAN

RWhitney014
08-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Depends on the usher.

And MLB has forbid them to move. Forget about it. They're staying in South Florida.

Alex44
08-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Depends on the usher.

And MLB has forbid them to move. Forget about it. They're staying in South Florida.

Yeah whenever I used to go to games we always had seats somewhere way away but ended up sitting in center field

/me loves sitting in center.......

Boik14
08-28-2006, 10:00 PM
when i went 2 years ago to a mets marlins game i moved up no problem. Just like shea lol

DolfanGermany
08-28-2006, 10:22 PM

Is that for sure?
I'd hate to see the Marlins leave!

RWhitney014
08-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Is that for sure?
I'd hate to see the Marlins leave!

Well, the status quo can always change, but TV/radio ratings are very high (as usual, the Marlins really do have a strong following in those media), and, most importantly, the population is big and still growing, a combo which can't be matched in Portland, San Antonio, Vegas, and other places.

DolfanGermany
08-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Well, the status quo can always change, but TV/radio ratings are very high (as usual, the Marlins really do have a strong following in those media), and, most importantly, the population is big and still growing, a combo which can't be matched in Portland, San Antonio, Vegas, and other places.

nice to hear that.
I was wondering anyway.... why would they remove the baseball team from a city like Miami?

RWhitney014
08-28-2006, 10:46 PM
nice to hear that.
I was wondering anyway.... why would they remove the baseball team from a city like Miami?

Attendance has been awful, but the bigger problem is the lack of a stadium to play in. Huizenga used to own them and thus owns their stadium rights, so the current ownership brings in no revenue from luxury suites, concessions, parking, and other such moneymakers, which is where most owners make whatever money they make. The Marlins have been trying to get state, county, and city help to go along with their own contributions for around 8 years, but no success so far. The team's lease at Dolphin Stadium ends after the 2010 season, so they'll need somewhere else to go by Opening Day 2011. Hopefully it's in South Florida, which is all MLB is interested in pursuing at the moment.

MikeO
08-28-2006, 11:40 PM
any poor ******* that pays a ticket to go there they should let sit anywhere.

I mean why turn off a fan who actually WANTS to go when they can't draw flys. By the 3rd inning it should be sit wherever you want. That stadium is friggin huge and nobody is there anyway.

RWhitney014
08-29-2006, 12:02 AM
any poor ******* that pays a ticket to go there they should let sit anywhere.

I mean why turn off a fan who actually WANTS to go when they can't draw flys. By the 3rd inning it should be sit wherever you want. That stadium is friggin huge and nobody is there anyway.

Yeah, but I personally get annoyed at the times I shell out for a $40 ticket and some bum who paid $6 is in my way, smells like booze and BO, and is screaming his head off rooting for Loria to drown. So I understand from that perspective.

Nappy Roots
08-29-2006, 12:04 AM
to Marlins fans. Since the stadium is always 80 percent empty, I was just wondering if you can buy the worst ticket in the house and basically sit wherever you want or are the ushers a$$es and actually make you sit where you paid. I know it sounds like a stupid question but I was just curious. To those who have been to pro player, let me know!

you can do it at tropicana field. i love it. but then on the other side it sucks not enough fans show up...

Prime Time
08-29-2006, 01:16 AM
All the people who want the Marlins to leave :nono: Shame Shame...

MikeO
08-29-2006, 01:18 AM
Yeah, but I personally get annoyed at the times I shell out for a $40 ticket and some bum who paid $6 is in my way, smells like booze and BO, and is screaming his head off rooting for Loria to drown. So I understand from that perspective.

so your saying the four dozen marlins fans in attendance at most games can't even get along? :lol: :lol:

phinphan896
08-29-2006, 09:39 AM
to portland :pray:
no their gonna stay.

MikeO
08-29-2006, 09:54 AM
They are quickly turning into the Monteral Expos. Nobody goes. Joe Rose on 790 said this morning that there weren't more than 3,500 at the game last night. And they are in the middle of a WILD CARD race in late August.

MLB will step in at some point and find them a new home. It's embarrassing to MLB to see that and they won't allow it to continue forever.

RWhitney014
08-29-2006, 02:26 PM
They are quickly turning into the Monteral Expos. Nobody goes. Joe Rose on 790 said this morning that there weren't more than 3,500 at the game last night. And they are in the middle of a WILD CARD race in late August.

MLB will step in at some point and find them a new home. It's embarrassing to MLB to see that and they won't allow it to continue forever.

Dude, we're getting hit by a hurricane today. People were getting supplies, gassing up cars, and boarding their houses. I was originally planning on going but couldn't because of the storm. Some things are more important than life than going to a baseball game.

Motion
08-29-2006, 02:40 PM
I just hope they get a new stadium in Miami, I hate that infield dirt during football season.

DeathStar
08-29-2006, 03:23 PM

do you live in a box? heard about this hurricane we are having?

FinsNYanksFan13
08-29-2006, 04:36 PM
do you live in a box? heard about this hurricane we are having?

I understand why people didn't show up the ballpark last night but what's the reason they haven't shown up for the 60 games other home games they've played this season (or however many they've played)!

RWhitney014
08-29-2006, 04:55 PM
I understand why people didn't show up the ballpark last night but what's the reason they haven't shown up for the 60 games other home games they've played this season (or however many they've played)!

They've had their hearts ripped out multiple times by ownership, there's a $14 million dollar payroll, ticket prices increased this year, South Florida is always threatening rain about 4 p.m., so people assume the weather's bad even when we've only had 4 rain delays this season, and 2 were both this past week, less than an hour combined, the stadium's pretty crappy for baseball, and the team was supposed to suck and people are so tuned out that they don't realize until today that we've been the best team in baseball along with the Mets since May 22.

A new stadium with a guarantee that they're not going anywhere and all the revenue to be spent on players it would bring, along with a retractable dome to eliminate the threat of rain, would do wonders for attendance. TV and radio ratings are always very high, so people are watching the team. They just don't want to pay $100 bucks to take their family to sit in 95 degree heat and watching an anonymous team after they spent $200 on the authentic Delgado/Beckett/Castillo/Lowell jersey.

Unless you're a diehard fan who just doesn't care about anything except the name on the front of the jersey or you're a well-educated fan who understood the actions the FO was forced by ownership to take this offseason, it's very easy to understand why fans would be turned off.

That said, I love this team and I want them to shut ESPN, naysayers, and the entire country up after all the crap they gave the team itself at the beginning of this year. We were supposed to barely win 40 games if you ask some people, and here we are. It's beautiful.

FinsNYanksFan13
08-29-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm not even sure a new stadium can save the Marlins. I mean even when the Dolphins made the playoffs however many years in a row it was (and the Fins are the toast of the town) they were threatened with TV blackouts in the area because the people didn't buy enough tickets. The year before Shaq came to town and the Heat were in the playoffs they were having a lot of trouble even selling out those games, AND THEY WERE PLAYOFF GAMES. I think at the end of the day, the Marlins aren't attracting fans because that just the landscape of the fans in South Florida, they're just not that interested. I hope your right for the sake of the fans in South Florida but I'm not sure. I think a new stadium would help them for a little while but I don't think it will in the long run which is why I think the Marlins are having so many problems getting one. I just don't think the Marlins have the fan base period to stay in South Florida (or get a new stadium) and I think that is their ultimate doom. I hope for the sake of the real Marlins fans who stick with the team through thick and thin that the team stays in Florida but I just can't see it happening. MLB was crazy to put 2 teams in Florida. One team was more then enough IMO!

Get Up And Go
08-29-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm not even sure a new stadium can save the Marlins. I mean even when the Dolphins made the playoffs however many years in a row it was (and the Fins are the toast of the town) they were threatened with TV blackouts in the area because the people didn't buy enough tickets. The year before Shaq came to town and the Heat were in the playoffs they were having a lot of trouble even selling out those games, AND THEY WERE PLAYOFF GAMES. I think at the end of the day, the Marlins aren't attracting fans because that just the landscape of the fans in South Florida, they're just not that interested. I hope your right for the sake of the fans in South Florida but I'm not sure. I think a new stadium would help them for a little while but I don't think it will in the long run which is why I think the Marlins are having so many problems getting one. I just don't think the Marlins have the fan base period to stay in South Florida (or get a new stadium) and I think that is their ultimate doom. I hope for the sake of the real Marlins fans who stick with the team through thick and thin that the team stays in Florida but I just can't see it happening. MLB was crazy to put 2 teams in Florida. One team was more then enough IMO!

I think the new stadium will help because all the excuses I've heard by "Marlin fans". It's too hot, bad angles, it's tough to get to the stadium BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! hopefully the location and dome will bring in "these" people.

RWhitney014
08-29-2006, 06:22 PM

Well, we were first. The Rays (sorry, Nappy, no offense intended) have been a complete and utter failure.

MikeO
08-30-2006, 01:17 AM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Up And Go
08-30-2006, 09:17 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go hate on another team please