PDA

View Full Version : What is more important to you?

TrueDolFan
08-29-2006, 09:29 AM
Which element is more important to you in a game?

Bruzer
08-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Good Story Line and Gameplay.

TrueDolFan
08-29-2006, 09:50 AM

I think gameplay trumps all, but I would be willing to bet that a lot of people would say graphics.

I liken it to the music industry. Pop music is disgusting. The masses love the total POOP that they call music today. Most people don't know enough about music to appreciate true talent. If Shakira or Jessica Simpson had to rely on anything other than their looks, they would never have become famous.

Now, look at how the industry has changed over the years to cater to the casual gamer, who doesn't know enough about games to distinguish brilliance from cookie-cutter garbage. The industry is pumping out massive quantities of absolute sh*t that has good graphics, but nothing else. I like to call it pop gaming. Sorry kids, but Madden is a prime example of this. The sheep will buy just about anything they're told to.

Majpain
08-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Gameplay. I could careless about graphics, aslong as the gameplay is solid I could play it for years.

Miami 13
08-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Gameplay, but with all this next gen I think graphics will play a big role.

UltraDol-Fan
08-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Graphics and characters don't make a game good. Look at the new DOA game and Rumble Roses :lol:

Alex44
08-29-2006, 12:03 PM
I think gameplay trumps all, but I would be willing to bet that a lot of people would say graphics.

I liken it to the music industry. Pop music is disgusting. The masses love the total POOP that they call music today. Most people don't know enough about music to appreciate true talent. If Shakira or Jessica Simpson had to rely on anything other than their looks, they would never have become famous.

Now, look at how the industry has changed over the years to cater to the casual gamer, who doesn't know enough about games to distinguish brilliance from cookie-cutter garbage. The industry is pumping out massive quantities of absolute sh*t that has good graphics, but nothing else. I like to call it pop gaming. Sorry kids, but Madden is a prime example of this. The sheep will buy just about anything they're told to.

How can madden even be involved here?

The characters are NFL players, The storyline: Try and win a superbowl, the gameplay is good and so are the graphics, Madden is a great game, way better than anything 2K ever put out

Anyway whats most important to me is the storyline and gameplay

AngryDolphins
08-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Gameplay and a good storyline for sure.

Motion
08-29-2006, 12:17 PM

:yeahthat:

My favorite all time games(MGS,God of War,GTA,PE,SC,etc....) all have great storylines and make it more of an experience than a game.

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-29-2006, 12:38 PM

So the grumpy old man on the porch has spoken

TrueDolFan
08-29-2006, 01:34 PM

The characters are NFL players, The storyline: Try and win a superbowl, the gameplay is good and so are the graphics, Madden is a great game, way better than anything 2K ever put out

Madden is the perfect example of "pop gaming". It is a game that the NFL and EA are forcing down gamers throats, and the masses devour it every year.

Saying that Madden is better than anything 2K ever put out is like saying that dog sh*t tastes better than steak.

TrueDolFan
08-29-2006, 01:35 PM
So the grumpy old man on the porch has spoken

Git off a' my property, ya dirty varmint!!!

Phin-o-rama
08-29-2006, 01:38 PM
cry more noob

TrueDolFan
08-29-2006, 01:40 PM
cry more noob

Who are you calling a "noob"? I know it isn't me, so who you trying to start sh*t with?

JL25
08-29-2006, 01:47 PM

I agree.

Dol-Fan Dupree
08-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Madden is the perfect example of "pop gaming". It is a game that the NFL and EA are forcing down gamers throats, and the masses devour it every year.

Saying that Madden is better than anything 2K ever put out is like saying that dog sh*t tastes better than steak.

Madden is still a quality game.

Plus that is false. 2k NEVER had a good offseason mode. They just couldn't figure out the draft.

Dolfan984
08-29-2006, 02:22 PM

:yeahthat: x 10 million

Dolfan984
08-29-2006, 02:23 PM

The 2k series was horrible man, I don't know what planet you're living on, but Madden has always stomped on it on everything except graphics.

Dolfan984
08-29-2006, 02:25 PM
When it comes to an RPG, it's all about story, but gameplay is a big factor. Gameplay is the #1 priority in any other type of game, so for me gameplay is the most important thing you can have.

Phin-o-rama
08-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Who are you calling a "noob"? I know it isn't me, so who you trying to start sh*t with?

QQ more nublet

lrn2play

TrueDolFan
08-29-2006, 02:42 PM
QQ more nublet

lrn2play

If I wanted any sh*t from you, I'd squeeze it out of your head.

Phin-o-rama
08-29-2006, 02:47 PM
guitar hero is "pop gaming"....literally

lrn2ply

TrueDolFan
08-29-2006, 03:18 PM
guitar hero is "pop gaming"....literally

lrn2ply

I've never played the video game "Guitar Hero". It looks like a (shudder)Dance Dance Revolution type game.

My user title says guitar hero because I play guitar for real.

Phin-o-rama
08-29-2006, 03:24 PM
i don't liek u

TrueDolFan
08-29-2006, 03:29 PM
i don't liek u

Am I supposed to feel bad about having sex with your mom now that I know you don't like me?

STFU, fat boy.

Phin-o-rama
08-29-2006, 03:44 PM
You're not my real dad !!!! I hate yOU!!!!

*runs out of room crying...grabbing a pastry on the way out*

off topic: **** people from minne SOOOTA....i hate that accent so much btw

Phinz420
08-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Gameplay for sure. Anyone can put together a good graphics engine, the hard part is making the AI and controlls as fine tuned as they possibly can.....which never happens :lol: