PDA

View Full Version : Just 5 things to do to prepare for a storm

greatwade
08-29-2006, 10:56 AM
http://tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=38366&s=f

Alex44
08-29-2006, 11:08 AM
Have a plan in case its coming towards you?

Come on Ive been through Hurricanes for 16 years and we never 'prepare' we buy groceries, put the shutters up and sit inside with friends

Yes I live near the coast, yes we have taken direct hits, and no-one has ever been hurt

greatwade
08-29-2006, 11:09 AM

Come on Ive been through Hurricanes for 16 years and we never 'prepare' we buy groceries, put the shutters up and sit inside with friends

Yes I live near the coast, yes we have taken direct hits, and no-one has ever been hurt

The first 10 though, you weren't really doing **** now were you though? :lol:

Alex44
08-29-2006, 11:11 AM
The first 10 though, you weren't really doing **** now were you though? :lol:

:lol: true

Actually I was very helpful, if we needed space I could easily be shoved in a closet and left me there to ride out the storm

/me mom never shoved me in a closet, dont want anyone callin child protective services :lol:

cnc66
08-29-2006, 11:12 AM

Alex, you are acting dumb as a box of rocks... you are 16 years old and have not a clue. If you are determined to be a victum, don't be surprised when people like me don't run to your rescue.

greatwade
08-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Alex, you are acting dumb as a box of rocks... you are 16 years old and have not a clue. If you are determined to be a victum, don't be surprised when people like me don't run to your rescue.

at least he's out the closet

Spray Mucus
08-29-2006, 11:17 AM
I don't see hookers on that list.

I never leave home without one.

Alex44
08-29-2006, 11:21 AM

Rescue from what? The worst that has ever happened is we went without power for 3 weeks. Not that bad.

Hurricanes arent dangerous unless

A- You live in a mobile home
B- You go outside
C- You live in a flood zone
D- You dont board your windows

Tornados scare me. Hurricanes dont

greatwade
08-29-2006, 11:23 AM
hookers & closets scare me

/is it wrong to jack your own thread?

cnc66
08-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Rescue from what? The worst that has ever happened is we went without power for 3 weeks. Not that bad.

B- You go outside

exactly my point lad. Andrew was the equivelent of a f-3 tornado 25 miles across, Katrina was an F-3 200+ miles across, it is a shame you are mistaking stupidity for being cool and tough.

Spray Mucus
08-29-2006, 11:29 AM
hookers & closets scare me

/is it wrong to jack your own thread?

no, masterbation is normal.

greatwade
08-29-2006, 11:31 AM
no, masterbation is normal. but not cool & tough. I need to go grocery shopping i think.

Dolphin1184
08-29-2006, 11:32 AM

B- You go outside

Tell that to the people in homestead in 1992.

JSwerdy
08-29-2006, 11:52 AM
dude hes 16, give him a break. he doesnt know what its like to actually do all the preparations. when he has to go out and wait online and deal with all the a-holes trying to get gas and groceries he'll learn. this is my first storm in 4 years as ive been at school in PA, all we got up there were a couple blizzards and the remnance of Wilma 3 weeks after south florida. as a kid i always thought hurricanes were a joke (even andrew didnt do much damage to hollywood-later on i found out it was headed head on to us but dipped south at the last moment), but when its you doing the prep work its not a joke, its more of a hassle. and its not just put up shutters and lock yourself inside, theres prepwork to be done outside the house, making sure there isnt debris lying around, prepping the vegetation cutting limbs and branches. most of the time they dud but you gotta be ready for the one thats not

HolliFinFan
08-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Tell that to the people in homestead in 1992. You really are ignorant.

Last year, in Wilma, a category 1, almost 20 quads (townhouses) where I live lost their entire roofs, and thus all was ruined inside--dry wall, electrical systems, furnishings. The people had to move out, and some buildings are still not fixed due to insurance problems. Our roof blew up, then down; we were lucky. There is no such thing as a "minimal" hurricane.

dolfan72734me
08-29-2006, 02:33 PM

B- You go outside

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

This was by my dads house. No flood zone, well away from the water. A house, not a mobile home.

dolfan72734me
08-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Here is more if you care. Just go here http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hart72734me/?sc=1&multi=18&addtype=local&media=image
user - hart72734me
pass - katrina

Bruzer
08-29-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm glad I don't need to worry about any hurricanes or floods. Our biggest worry in Iowa is tornadoes.. I am scared to death of storms at night because our sirens went off once at night when I was younger and I can never shake that off.

JSwerdy
08-29-2006, 03:15 PM
yea, hurricanes you can prepare for, blizzards too, but tornados theres little/no warning and they are nuts, probably the only form of weather im scared ****less of

Mike13
08-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Damn Alex.:shakeno: