superbowlchamp8
04-22-2003, 05:38 PM
so who do u think is the most underrated player in the nhl

t2thejz
04-22-2003, 05:43 PM
Manny Fernendez is

Sabre Ally
04-24-2003, 03:07 PM
Uhm, I would say Tanguay is overrated, not underrated.

Jaydog57
04-24-2003, 04:24 PM
I guess I'd have to be 'overrated' as a sports fanatic, I've never heard of any of these guys.:cool:

Bobby Humphrey
04-24-2003, 10:58 PM
i have always thought deadmarsh was a top noch player.

Boone
04-26-2003, 01:01 AM
what's hockey? :P

WharfRat
04-26-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
Uhm, I would say Tanguay is overrated, not underrated.

True that Ally!

WeVie
04-26-2003, 01:56 AM
I don't know. I try to watch hockey but I don't understand the rules. I will be watching and they will call something like iceing and I am like "What? I did'nt see anything." What is that anyway?

Predaphin
05-01-2003, 02:04 PM
Same here Dolphin Fan.....Canadiens can be hard to figure out....Maybe its like an Offsides in Soccer.

Bobby Humphrey
05-30-2003, 11:12 AM
a canadian here:

icing and offsides are different, here read,

Icing - Icing is an aspect of the game that can be both advantageous and disadvantageous to your team. Icing is when a team member dumps the puck in to the opposing zone from the defensive side of the blue line (your half of the ice). If your line is tired, and has been on the ice for too long in your zone and can't make it back to the bench to get a fresh line out -- it's probably okay to dump the puck into the other end and risk an icing call. If it does qualify as icing (one of the other players touching the puck before it crosses the opposing goal line will prevent icing), there will be a stoppage of play and your team will get a chance to change their lines. On the other hand, if your team is rushing in to the opposing zone and you're plan on dumping the puck in their zone, make sure you cross the blue line first, or the refs will call "icing" and you'll be forced to face off back in your own zone. Not a good idea when you're on a rush! Also, goalies, help your teammates by letting them know the other team has iced the puck -- hold your glove hand up in the air if one of the refs is calling icing.

Offsides - This is a fairly common call in hockey, and all skill levels are guilty of it. It's never to your team's advantage to be called offside! Basically, this happens when a player on your team crosses the opposing blue line before the puck. The puck must cross the blue line before any player on your team, this prevents "cherry picking", where a player could park next to the goalie and just wait for a teammate to pass the puck. When your team is on an offensive rush, always be aware of who has the puck, and where everyone is going. If it looks like you're going to cross the blue line before a teammate with the puck, skate along the blue line (rather than stopping and losing momentum!) until your teammate gets the puck across.

sugarcane
05-30-2003, 01:00 PM
Bobby knows hockey..........:)