PDA

View Full Version : Domanick Davis might be cut

LightsOut
08-29-2006, 01:18 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4147469.html

Motion
08-29-2006, 01:21 PM
I was just reading this on a Fantasy Football update, supposedly having a meeting with Kubiak to "Discuss his immediate future". That knee must be in bad shape.

Majpain
08-29-2006, 02:02 PM
If he does get released, would it be career threating? If not you think the Eagles will try to get him?

Dors156
08-29-2006, 02:17 PM
:eek:

wow

Motion
08-29-2006, 02:20 PM
If he does get released, would it be career threating? If not you think the Eagles will try to get him?

If he can pass a physical, possibly.

dominizzo
08-29-2006, 03:17 PM
They should have drafted reggie Bush!! Charley CAsserly will get fired

Motion
08-29-2006, 03:48 PM

:lol: Casserly resigned 3 months ago!

AggieFin21
08-29-2006, 04:11 PM
If Davis gets cut, Casserly will forever be known as the guy who ruined the Texans.

p.s.- I think Davis would dominate in the Eagles offense. Talk about a perfect fit....if he's healthy...

Sirspud
08-29-2006, 06:34 PM
If Davis gets cut, Casserly will forever be known as the guy who ruined the Texans.

p.s.- I think Davis would dominate in the Eagles offense. Talk about a perfect fit....if he's healthy...

I'd rather have a healthy Westbrook. Problem is, neither of them (nor Buckhalter) can stay healthy.

Kdawg954
08-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Yep, everybody was talking mess like "Oh, the Texans have Davis, they are straight at RB", the whole while I'm thinking, man DAvis is always hurt. They messed that up . . . they should have drafted REggie Bush, no if's and's or but's . . what a dumb move. I don't care if MArio Williams has 12 sacks this year, the Texans made the wrong decision.

RunningBackGuru
08-29-2006, 11:34 PM
I cant belive this. This guy is a top 15 maybe even top 10 back when healthy.

HysterikiLL
08-29-2006, 11:48 PM

Casserly resigned after drafting Williams. What's funnier, is that he had decided he was going to resign a month prior, so why the hell didn't he resign before the draft? Why wouldn't he want to hand a crucial decision such as Bush or Williams down to someone who is going to be with the organization.

I love it.

My prediction is Casserly becomes the new Saints GM within 5 years :wink:

finfansince72
08-30-2006, 09:26 AM
I think Williams is a beast, and probaly worth the number one pick. Bush looks really good, but really Im not sure he can carry the ball 25times a game. He is exciting and certainly the fans are going to stay pissed because Bush will be on ESPN every sunday on the highlight reels. Williams is going to be one of the best defensive players in the league though, I think its a shame that hes viewed as a wasted pick or whatever, if anyone but the Texans took him he'd be viewed as a awesome surefire defensive stud.

Mike13
08-30-2006, 11:47 AM
I guess it all depends on his health.

Prophet
08-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Last I heard he's getting put on IR.

icephinfan
08-30-2006, 03:57 PM
ESPNEWS just said that Coach Kubiak said they are not going to cut him.

BAMAPHIN 22
08-30-2006, 04:04 PM
ESPNEWS just said that Coach Kubiak said they are not going to cut him.

Here is the article:

Moving to debunk reports that tailback Domanick Davis (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6437) could be released because of lingering knee problems that have kept him off the field for virtually all of training camp, Houston Texans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou) first-year coach Gary Kubiak said there has been no discussion of cutting the leading rusher in franchise history, and said that the worst-case scenario was a season spent on the injured reserve list.

"The idea of cutting Domanick Davis has not even played a factor," said Kubiak, who is clearly frustrated by Davis' continuing absence, but not yet ready to give up on the three-year veteran. "I don't know where that came from. The decision is strictly [whether] his knee is going to be healthy enough to play. If his knee is not healthy enough to play, if that is the decision that's made about him, then he's looking at [an injured reserve] season ... The other choice has never been a factor."

Kubiak's remarks came amid published and broadcast reports that the Texans might be preparing to release Davis, who has not practiced since the early days of camp and has not played in a preseason game.

The overriding caveat: Because he is injured, Davis can't be released, at least not without a settlement. Were the Texans to waive Davis, who has led the team in rushing each of the past three seasons and who is the top ground gainer in franchise history, they would almost certainly subject themselves to having an injury grievance filed by the player.
Davis' agent, Rick Smith, told ESPN.com that he was taken aback by reports his client might be released.

"Where's that stuff come from?" Smith said. "They can't cut him, he's hurt, and they know that. Look, no one is more frustrated than Domanick that this [rehabilitation] is taking a lot longer than everyone thought it would. But they just can't seem to get the swelling down. When that's addressed, he'll be back."

Davis, 25, missed five games in 2005 and underwent arthroscopic surgery in December to repair the lateral meniscus cartilage in his left knee. Since early in camp, Davis has been sidelined by a bruised left knee, but the condition is not related to the surgery of eight months ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2565978

icephinfan
08-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Thanks BAMA!!!:D