PDA

View Full Version : I know this is not the place but, I need help

PASQUALE
08-29-2006, 02:22 PM
After 11 years of working at the same company IMPAC Funding Corporation in Newport Beach, CA today became a nightmare for me and my family as I have been laid off. :boohoo:

I was wondering if anybody in California can help me find a new job.

I am a Sr. Correspondent Lending Mortgage Loan Purchaser that is my expertise. This royally sucks. Because I will have to start all over again. I made $65,000 /yr. now I get nothing. I have never ever in my whole life been in this kind of situation. Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciate it.

I have attached my Resume.

I know the MODS are going to kill me for this but, I really didn't know where to put this. they can move it when they see it.

Thank you Phin betherens, I did not know who to turn to. Sorry.

BIGJ
08-29-2006, 02:27 PM
I cant help but I am sorry to here that, keep your head up

PASQUALE
08-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Mods please move this I am sorry. I knew it would cause problems for our main board. Forget it. Thanks guys and to all who have responded. I will do my best to move on.

Scrap
08-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Sorry to hear that buddy. It'll get better. A friend of mine got laid off recently, only to find a job making 10,000 more a week later. Hang in there.

Scrap
08-29-2006, 02:34 PM
I wish I made 65k per year.

DolfinDave
08-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Sorry man. **** happens, so don't give up. That sounds like the man trying to hold you down. But seriously, it'll be alright.

Timmy54
08-29-2006, 02:44 PM
sorry dude, try the lounge, most people check it out too.

FinFan_Est.1984
08-29-2006, 02:49 PM
I am sorry to hear that Pasquale. I am in a similar situation. I was in a motorcycle accident back in October (not my fault) and have been on disability since then. Doctor said I will never be able to return to my normal job as a Truck driver for Wonder Bread because of my injuries. I will have to be retrained. So here I sit almost a year later and have no idea what my future holds. I too was making between $60 and $70,000 a year (teamster job) and have been barely making it on disability with four kids and a wife to support.
Hang in there man, everything happens for a reason. We may not know why but it will reveal itself in the end. There are plenty of Mortgage company's out there and I am sure you will land another job soon.

Good luck

Desides
08-29-2006, 03:05 PM
I really didn't know where to put this. they can move it when they see it.

I'm sorry to hear about that.

Try monster.com and the other various resume sites.

SpurzN703
08-29-2006, 03:08 PM
No severance at all?

dominizzo
08-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Hang in there paquale

PASQUALE
08-29-2006, 03:20 PM
No severance at all?

No just a kick in the butt and excorted by security after I gather my Dolphins and Kings stuff from my office. *******s!! :tantrum: But, I am very good at what I do hopefully soon I'll be back at.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-29-2006, 03:24 PM
After 11 years of working at the same company IMPAC Funding Corporation in Newport Beach, CA today became a nightmare for me and my family as I have been laid off. :boohoo:

I am a Sr. Correspondent Lending Mortgage Loan Purchaser that is my expertise. This royally sucks. Because I will have to start all over again. I made $65,000 /yr. now I get nothing. I have never ever in my whole life been in this kind of situation. Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciate it.

I know the MODS are going to kill me for this but, I really didn't know where to put this. they can move it when they see it.

Thank you Phin betherens, I did not know who to turn to. Sorry.Bro hang in there, and get out there and start networking, and you will land on your feet. Sorry about the layoff bro. I am looking over my shoulder as well, because things in my work have slowed way down, way down. I hope you land on your feet very soon. Keep your chin up!:wink:

Superself
08-29-2006, 03:24 PM

Dude, you will survive. What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger. I've been laid off before and the bounce back was rough...took me 2 years to finally get back to my salary. But things are 10x better now than they were before I got laid off. I make way more money and work way less!!

Time for you to get busy marketing YOURSELF!! Thats what I did.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Try to look in other areas where real estate is somewhat busy in So. Cal. :wink:

greatwade
08-29-2006, 03:27 PM
great posts, the last 2. Nature of the beast, I suppose. If you have skills, they will soon be employed. Best to you.

Spray Mucus
08-29-2006, 03:31 PM
hit up a ton of temp agencies. I would go on temp to hire assignments only if I were you. I believe the unemployment will not be in effect if you justtake any old 1 week asignment.

also Monster.com is a place to start.

Superself
08-29-2006, 03:32 PM
No just a kick in the butt and excorted by security after I gather my Dolphins and Kings stuff from my office. *******s!! :tantrum: But, I am very good at what I do hopefully soon I'll be back at.

Wow, thats amazing that you can put in 10+ years and don't get a dime severance.

Even some of the worst companies I've worked for at least gave an extra paycheck and paid out your vacation time.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-29-2006, 03:33 PM
If you want I can give you my realtors name here in Oceanside? That's a trip from Long Beach, but in case you end up re-locating, the lead might help.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Bro I am going to shoot an email to my real estate agent, and see if she knows of anything.:wink: I also forwarded a copy of your resume as well. I hope you don't mind. Don't get down on yourself, things will be all right.:D

Fin Fan in Cali
08-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Bro I was just speaking to the wife. She has a client that got laid off as well. She went down to the unemployment office, and signed up in one of there programs that they have Headhunters looking for great employees, and she found a job right away.:wink:

PASQUALE
08-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Wow, thats amazing that you can put in 10+ years and don't get a dime severance.

Even some of the worst companies I've worked for at least gave an extra paycheck and paid out your vacation time.

They paid my last weeks pay. But that is it. I wonder if I should liquidate my 401K? I might have to roll into an IRA.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-29-2006, 04:02 PM
They paid my last weeks pay. But that is it. I wonder if I should liquidate my 401K? I might have to roll into an IRA.Only liquidate your 401k unless you absolutely have too! Trust me, you will get taxed when you get the cash, and then you will get hammered by the state and federal in penalities when you do your taxes. Even if it is a little bit, roll it over to an IRA.:wink:

PASQUALE
08-29-2006, 04:03 PM
If you want I can give you my realtors name here in Oceanside? That's a trip from Long Beach, but in case you end up re-locating, the lead might help.:wink:

Oceanside is a bit far. OC or LA county would better for me. But, thanks.

NaboCane
08-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Pasquale, do you network within your industry? That would be the best path to a new position, tapping your contacts for hidden opportunities. Don't be shy about approaching them, it's humbling but many a time a company will even make a position for a great candidate. Most really good jobs never hit the market and go instead to savvy insiders who capitalize on their networking skills.

Hang in and keep talking to people, especially make the best of any business owners our presidents you may know. They may not have something right away, but if you stay positive and wow them with your expertise and personality, sometimes you'll make your own path instead of following someone else's.

greatwade
08-29-2006, 04:05 PM
They paid my last weeks pay. But that is it. I wonder if I should liquidate my 401K? I might have to roll into an IRA.

Roll it into your IRA. 1) it won't be a taxable event (you'll get a 1099R, but it will show the distribution and zero for taxable dist and 2) it's not a bad thing.

You'll have more flexibility with those funds in your IRA anyhow. You most likely will not have a choice, and be forced to roll this $.

PASQUALE
08-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Bro I am going to shoot an email to my real estate agent, and see if she knows of anything.:wink: I also forwarded a copy of your resume as well. I hope you don't mind. Don't get down on yourself, things will be all right.:D

Thanks bud. I used to work for a Real Estate Investment Trust Correspondent Lending company called IMPAC Funding Corporation. REIT is my expertise at purchasing loans.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Oceanside is a bit far. OC or LA county would better for me. But, thanks.Bro just to let you know the Metrolink comes right into Oceanside, it is the last stop. Keep your options open. I know would be a trek for you, but it maybe something until the right job opens up. Who knows you and the family might like it down here.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Thanks bud. I used to work for a Real Estate Investment Trust Correspondent Lending company called IMPAC Funding Corporation. REIT is my expertise at purchasing loans.Our real estate agent Rachela is one sharp cookie. She has your resume now, so the networking has begun.

PASQUALE
08-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Pasquale, do you network within your industry? That would be the best path to a new position, tapping your contacts for hidden opportunities. Don't be shy about approaching them, it's humbling but many a time a company will even make a position for a great candidate. Most really good jobs never hit the market and go instead to savvy insiders who capitalize on their networking skills.

Hang in and keep talking to people, especially make the best of any business owners our presidents you may know. They may not have something right away, but if you stay positive and wow them with your expertise and personality, sometimes you'll make your own path instead of following someone else's.

Thanks. I will do that. I know alot of people. But, most if it was back East. I just have to put my Resume out there it will come eventually. Thanks again.

Spray Mucus
08-29-2006, 04:11 PM
My real estate agent works in all parts of OC for century 21. If you want I can e-mail her and ask her if she can at least give your resume to the proper person.

what a bummer, hang in there.

EDIT: FFIC, so when is the so-cal Fins party at your pad?

Fin Fan in Cali
08-29-2006, 04:15 PM
My real estate agent works in all parts of OC for century 21. If you want I can e-mail her and ask her if she can at least give your resume to the proper person.

what a bummer, hang in there.

EDIT: FFIC, so when is the so-cal Fins party at your pad?Any Sunday. My garage has, and will always be open to my fellow Dolphin fans. When we moved here, the cable guy was a Dolphin fan.:D

PASQUALE
08-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Our real estate agent Rachela is one sharp cookie. She has your resume now, so the networking has begun.

Awesome!! Thank you all so every much!! We as Dolphins fan take care of each other. I would do it for you if you or any of us are in need. Thanks. :D

Spray Mucus
08-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Any Sunday. My garage has, and will always be open to my fellow Dolphin fans. When we moved here, the cable guy was a Dolphin fan.:D

Seriously, I'll take a trip down to Ocean side. I'm about 60 miles north. I'll send you a PM during the season.

ok. no more hijacking this seriouse thread.

Pas- my offer is on the table to forward your resume to my agent if you like.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Awesome!! Thank you all so every much!! We as Dolphins fan take care of each other. I would do it for you if you or any of us are in need. Thanks. :DBro it's not a problem. This is what the Finheaven Family is all about!:ffic: We pick each other when a brother or sister needs a helping hand.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Seriously, I'll take a trip down to Ocean side. I'm about 60 miles north. I'll send you a PM during the season.

ok. no more hijacking this seriouse thread.

Pas- my offer is on the table to forward your resume to my agent if you like.Sounds good to me!

PASQUALE
08-29-2006, 04:25 PM
hit up a ton of temp agencies. I would go on temp to hire assignments only if I were you. I believe the unemployment will not be in effect if you justtake any old 1 week asignment.

also Monster.com is a place to start.

Yes, This is how I got in with my old company through a temp agency. I will call my gal pal from 11 years back maybe she ca help me. Thanks.

Spray Mucus
08-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Yes, This is how I got in with my old company through a temp agency. I will call my gal pal from 11 years back maybe she ca help me. Thanks.

I was actually talking about this post.

Amars
08-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Tough times. Im in the mortgage industry to in Los Angeles and Im down 50%. But it comes with the industry and you have to adjust to high and lows. Ill keep eye out for anything and will pass your resume. One word of advice if you look on monster.com dont apply for greystone financial. I worked thier 5yrs ago and left when they reorganize the company now that place is a turnstile for new employee. They bring in motivated people, make them work hard and burn them out and fire them. Its a chop shop for the mtg industry.

PASQUALE
08-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Bro just to let you know the Metrolink comes right into Oceanside, it is the last stop. Keep your options open. I know would be a trek for you, but it maybe something until the right job opens up. Who knows you and the family might like it down here.:wink:

The train goes that way? Wow. I'll do anything.

PASQUALE
08-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Tough times. Im in the mortgage industry to in Los Angeles and Im down 50%. But it comes with the industry and you have to adjust to high and lows. Ill keep eye out for anything and will pass your resume. One word of advice if you look on monster.com dont apply for greystone financial. I worked thier 5yrs ago and left when they reorganize the company now that place is a turnstile for new employee. They bring in motivated people, make them work hard and burn them out and fire them. Its a chop shop for the mtg industry.

They used to sell to us. Bad company. Thanks I will stay away.

Amars
08-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Oceanside nice and the homes are about $200,000 less expensive then here.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-29-2006, 05:29 PM
The train goes that way? Wow. I'll do anything.Last stop is Oceanside. The homes here goes from 400,000's and up. If you get a job down here and decide re-locate Rachela is a great real estate agent.:wink:

HybridPHIN 23
08-29-2006, 07:09 PM
sorry to hear that pasquale but i respect that you came to your fello phin-breathren for help i think thats awesome... Also proud of all the positive responses !! Best of luck to you and your family in the future.